US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (10 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2004
:lol: I didn't realize Hugo Chávez was that widely read as a newspaper columnist.

:sleepy: These things are always pointless posturing that ultimately makes no difference in the end -- except for the fanatics to cheerlead for who they're already supporting.

I think Obama was on the defensive a lot. I'd give a slight edge to McCain, as he kept hammering the point about experience home, and Obama didn't have a coherent theme.

That said, it was still pretty much even and, IMO, won't matter one iota in the end.
this "theme" bit sucks. i feel asleep during the debate because anyone could predict most of their answers

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
thursdays VP debate should be the best comedy hour that anyone will see for awhile....

Biden puts his foot in his mouth at every opportunity possible (just ask Barack....I think he's having second thoughts about this clown), and even though I agree with most of Palin's views, she says some of the stupidest things when under pressure (dont think John is having second thoughts about his choice ??)

should be some good comedy !! :p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I hope Palin starts it off by saying "Howdy guys and gals", I major LOLed when she said that. Not for her constantly beyond retarded statements, but how she said guys and gals, almost sounded like she said gays and gals :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
We covered taxes a while back. Vinman said Obama would raise his taxes because he's above 40k. I had no precise facts about it at the time. Here's a graphic that's been circulating on the webs for months. I don't know who made it, I don't care. Found it, posted it, my job is done.

Looks like Vinman is safe all the way up to 400k.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So you are for Obama as I understand
Absolutely. I'd rather hang myself otherwise.

So if I understand correctly, according to that chart, under Mc Cain, the higher the your income the greater your decrease in tax? :rndh:
Yes. But that's how the Republicans usually do it.

Here is how Republicans govern; a brief overview.

READY :claire:

AIM :pado:

FIRE :analcanon:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
We covered taxes a while back. Vinman said Obama would raise his taxes because he's above 40k. I had no precise facts about it at the time. Here's a graphic that's been circulating on the webs for months. I don't know who made it, I don't care. Found it, posted it, my job is done.

Looks like Vinman is safe all the way up to 400k.

well, I hope your right....

but we all know that these guys will say ANYTHING to get elected

dont be surprised if Obama gets elected, and raises taxes 20% on everyone making over 40k

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
but we all know that these guys will say ANYTHING to get elected

dont be surprised if Obama gets elected, and raises taxes 20% on everyone making over 40k
Now why would he do that though?

Oh, now I remember...

Any tax increase will be due to the mess the Republicans have created through the financial mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)