US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (4 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Don't you think it's a narrow audience? I mean who's gonna buy a bus? A transportation company, so maybe a handful of them. We used to have Sony, consumer electronics, sounds more like it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
C'mon, Martin. As soon as the presence of American troops in the Middle East gets gas prices back under $1 U.S. a gallon, everybody and their mother is going to want an Iveco Vaffanculo bus to drive like they're playing GTA.

That's gotta be bigger demand than New Holland...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Now I've been known to vote for a Republican here and there, despite my zip code. But Vinman, even you gotta wonder how the crackpots in charge here are burning a hole in this nation's pockets faster than you can say "New Deal"... It makes the "tax and spend" liberal stereotype seem like a miserly old grandma who eats cat food by comparison to the "fiscal conservatives" who are running the show now.
I cannot say that I disagree.....things are going from bad to worse FAST

Impeccable timing, Geof. ;)

The missing piece being that Georgie Boy's $482 billion deficit says nothing of the additional $700 billion mortgage bailout being proposed. Technically, that will be more than we've spent in 5 years in the Iraq War.

Now I'm not letting Democrats off the hook on this one either. The president isn't the only one responsible for fiscal policy, and there's enough mud to sling against Republican opponents to keep us busy a while with this. But seriously -- in any other context, this would be gross negligence for anyone one watch. Particularly for the party who gets voted into office saying that they're the watchdogs keeping those spend-crazy Democrats in check, and they're binging and purging worst of all.
agreed...Geof's cartoon doesnt tell the entire story

our taxes have gone down under Bush (not that that means jack shit now), and Reaganomics put this country back on its feet, after Carter's failed presidency

I'm blaming everybody from Bush to the congress for our latest mess/disaster.....

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I wish I could understand what's going on with the economic crisis in the U.S., it seems so interesting. I have read that some people (Americans) are wanting the economy to crash if that's what it takes to be free of the "capitalist slavery."

Jan 7, 2004
well those people are stupid

in a nutshell, banks gave mortgages to pretty much anyone. mortgages were pulled together and sold as investments. surprisingly enough, people couldn't pay their mortgages and banks lost all their money

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I wish I could understand what's going on with the economic crisis in the U.S., it seems so interesting. I have read that some people (Americans) are wanting the economy to crash if that's what it takes to be free of the "capitalist slavery."
I don't know of anybody who wants that...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Or you mean CNN International, watching it in the background. McCains sandbox "my toy is shiner then his" cheap shots is neverending it seems.

But he has balls for daring to enter a debate with Obama, he was trying to avoid it until the last day. You can bullshit in monologue speeches with no one confronting you (out right pathetically propogandize and lie like saying Obama wants to corrupt kindergardens with teaching them sex), but an actual debate where he has to think off his feet on what his opponent is saying, instead of his usual of barely being able to remember what he lie he just said in his written sheet, is quite a change for him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We have spent a long while talking about Israel. Honestly, this is a big waste of time. Let them blow up people and thus themselves on their own. Can't stand that country, just like how I can't stand the idiocy of our own politics.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:lol: I didn't realize Hugo Chávez was that widely read as a newspaper columnist.

PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE TIME!

Check it out, folks. Any American news channel.
:sleepy: These things are always pointless posturing that ultimately makes no difference in the end -- except for the fanatics to cheerlead for who they're already supporting.

I've seen 3 newscasts, and they all pretty much called it a draw

frankly, I thought Obama did much better in conveying his message
I think Obama was on the defensive a lot. I'd give a slight edge to McCain, as he kept hammering the point about experience home, and Obama didn't have a coherent theme.

That said, it was still pretty much even and, IMO, won't matter one iota in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)