US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (41 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Any ancient deeply rooted autonomous culture, especially if it is spread on a wide part of the earth's surface, constitutes an autonomous world, full of riddles and surprises to Western thinking. As a minimum, we must include in this category China, India, the Muslim world and Africa, if indeed we accept the approximation of viewing the latter two as compact units. For one thousand years Russia has belonged to such a category, although Western thinking systematically committed the mistake of denying its autonomous character and therefore never understood it
:agree:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
did the Soviets meet with us before they decided to attempt to put missiles in Cuba back in the 60's ??

news flash....we dont need to put missiles in Poland or anywhere else in Europe, we have ICBM's that can do the job right from the USA
But if we have missile sites in Poland, Russia's reaction time would be much less. We could launch those things and strike Moscow in the matter of seconds.

That's why Russia doesn't like this stuff, and rightfully so. Just like we didn't like the Cuban dilemma.

You know this new missile site is pure crap.

forget it he can kiss the presidency goodbye now
maybe but with Gore or Hillary he would have gotten a new kick start
Perhaps Hillary would have been a sure win, but Gore? Nobody wants him running in an election anymore.

The Bavarian Illuminati was real, the rest, well...Illuminati is by far one of the most used and most general words ever. Nothing distinctive about it, besides being mostly known for being used in fiction, every bored hacks little shindig of losers calls themselves the Illuminati stuff or that, glorified fondue parties. Seriously, everyone for 2 centuries has used the term in various wise.

The only conspiracy I care about, though its not much of a conspiracy, just not too much talked about reality, is that the American Military industry/complex rules the world as they see fit. Someone should have listen to dear ol Eisenhower when he said (after releasing what he has done) leash that puppy before it turns into Cerberus ;)
More of the concept of an Illuminati. A group of people who control the what happens in the world and have the power to do so. If it's all a hoax I'd like to know who came up with that stuff, though.

This stuff really wigs you out though.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i hope Hillary supporters give their votes to Obama , if not he will be in big trouble , it will be stupid if they dont give him their votes , do they want mccain to win ??

Sep 1, 2002
it's funny because he even points out that one of the things that is wrong with western society is that they have pushed religion aside and the way it is phrased, he is right
Most interesting read I have had lately:
Although there were many issues I had with his writings (I won't touch on the anti) he is to be honoured and sorely missed.

A life that made a difference in this world.
He would not mind:

God give your soul peace.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Federal charges were filed Tuesday against three men who allegedly talked of killing Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

None of the charges concerned threats against Obama, and U.S. Attorney for Colorado Troy Eid stressed that the three never posed a serious danger to the Illinois senator.

"A bunch of meth heads put together; I don't know what they do," Eid said at a news conference with about 50 reporters from around the world. "There is no credible threat right now, and there was no credible threat."

The three men face charges that include possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of body armor by a violent felon, possession of methamphetamine, and possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.

The three are Shawn Robert Adolf, 33; Tharin Robert Gartrell, 28; and Nathan Dwaine Johnson, 32.

Adolf talked of killing Obama in Denver and during his "inauguration," according to the criminal complaint. It was unclear if "inauguration" referred to Obama's planned acceptance speech for the nomination at Invesco Field on Thursday.

According to the complaint, the three men reportedly referred to Obama with a racial epithet and said that such a person should never live in the White House. They "could not believe how close he (Obama) was to becoming president."

Authorities said the alleged conversation took place at the Hyatt Regency Tech Center - Denver, where Johnson had a room, and the three thought Obama had a room there, too.

Eid said investigators were still looking into whether the men are connected to a white supremacist group

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But if we have missile sites in Poland, Russia's reaction time would be much less. We could launch those things and strike Moscow in the matter of seconds.

That's why Russia doesn't like this stuff, and rightfully so. Just like we didn't like the Cuban dilemma.
Honestly, I don't understand why you would have missile sites in Poland. Why on God's green earth would you want to piss off Russia? I mean, Russians are insane as it is already it seems :D.

But like I said before, the Cold War was never really over.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Whew. Given what you quoted, for a minute I thought DB had an insanely profound moment that would change forever what I thought of the guy. :shocked:

Then I read a page back and realize he was just quoting Solzhenitsyn.

Whew! We can go back to our regularly scheduled lawnchairs...

being that obama will make his much anticipated speech tonight at the DNC, i decided to be nice and post the preview of it here... again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJN2B-eEv4
I always thought there was something way too similar between "DNC" and "D & C", given the abortion talk...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't forget Obama speaks tonight, boys.

Honestly, I don't understand why you would have missile sites in Poland. Why on God's green earth would you want to piss off Russia? I mean, Russians are insane as it is already it seems :D.

But like I said before, the Cold War was never really over.
Because we're just not really smart with some of our dealings around the globe. They all come back to haunt you.

For instance, we have tried to push Democracy around the world, and now nations such as China are threatening us in a Capitalistic fashion.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
the reality of the situation-

no doubt we have plenty of dumb people in this country....they would have you think that this man can turn water to wine, and stones to bread

I hope that the smarter ones out-number the dummies on election day

Jan 7, 2004
Whew. Given what you quoted, for a minute I thought DB had an insanely profound moment that would change forever what I thought of the guy. :shocked:

Then I read a page back and realize he was just quoting Solzhenitsyn.

Whew! We can go back to our regularly scheduled lawnchairs...

I always thought there was something way too similar between "DNC" and "D & C", given the abortion talk...
you know what greg, fuck you. yeah you heard me f u c k y o u.

just the fact that i read it should be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)