US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (13 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The party is already divided. Negative adds are a sign of weakness for me. When you start playing commercials showing 911, wars, and disease it shows me you really have nothing else going for you.
But Obama has also propagated negative adds man. Any individual that can think for themselves should be able to just disregard the attack adds on television and read the truth. But then again, apparently that's not possible in this nation, which are why attack adds are on the air in the first place. It' sad, really.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
But Obama has also propagated negative adds man. Any individual that can think for themselves should be able to just disregard the attack adds on television and read the truth. But then again, apparently that's not possible in this nation, which are why attack adds are on the air in the first place. It' sad, really.
The situation just disgusts me. At the beginning Clinton was saying she wouldn't go negative, then you get the Bill episode in South Carolina. Obama never would have had to go negative if the Clinton's hadn't started things up. I know the ads aren't true but those blue collar white male's in your state and mine have a little difficulty keeping up, apparently.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Guys, is this Obama-Clinton battle as big in America as the media is making out here?

Are most Americans really that bothered?

I recent years only about half of the British electorate has actually voted when given the opportunity.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's for sure. That "lady's"hometown is basically all the states plus she always seems to be behind what is convenient at the moment.

That's rather foolish. I will vote for Hillary if she wins the primary. I don't agree with her tactics and policies but I will not waste my vote. We are always having to pick the lesser of two evils. I know that Obama is the candidate I am behind 100% and for once I really like the candidate and have full faith in him but I will not let a Republican take the White House this November. I know one thing if all the Hillary and Obama voters feel the way that you do we might as well hand John McCain the White House today.
I may be a fool. There is only one candidate for me in this race and I'm tired of voting for the best of two evils. I want to vote for the best guy for the job. Why should I have to settle and sacrifice my vote for the greater good? If you're willing to do that, good for you. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy these days. From what I'm seeing and reading these days there may not be much difference between Hillary and McCain come general election time.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
The only way I would NOT vote in this election is if these motherfucking "Super Delegates" are the only reason a candidate will be in the Presidential race in December. If the rest of the delegates and general public vote a candidate in, the "super delegates" shouldn't be a factor whatsoever. But unfortunately in this nation of retarded politics it's possible a few individuals could get what they want.
thats the democratic party for you, Andy

so when does Al Gore ride into town, and become the democratic nominee for this years presidency ??

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Guys, is this Obama-Clinton battle as big in America as the media is making out here?

Are most Americans really that bothered?

I recent years only about half of the British electorate has actually voted when given the opportunity.
Oh hell yes, it's huge here in the USA. In past years, thousands of dead people rose up and voted in Chicago. This year will see record numbers. It's crazy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oh hell yes, it's huge here in the USA. In past years, thousands of dead people rose up and voted in Chicago. This year will see record numbers. It's crazy.
I heard that Americans who have been abducted by aliens have even gotten the little green men into the elections. It's amazing.

But unfortunately, the aliens said they will only vote for Dennis Kucinich.

Sep 26, 2007
I may be a fool. There is only one candidate for me in this race and I'm tired of voting for the best of two evils. I want to vote for the best guy for the job. Why should I have to settle and sacrifice my vote for the greater good? If you're willing to do that, good for you. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy these days. From what I'm seeing and reading these days there may not be much difference between Hillary and McCain come general election time.
Ok fair enough. I can understand where you are coming from. I just know one thing and that is that I don't want to see a Republican in office especially not McCain.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Ok fair enough. I can understand where you are coming from. I just know one thing and that is that I don't want to see a Republican in office especially not McCain.
Look if she does win and changes her tune significantly or gets a great VP candidate I would consider voting for her. But right now, no.

It's interesting though, to see Hillary as the big winner. But she has less delegate votes and is losing the popular vote in the national arena. I think it will be hard for her to get enough delegates to win the nomination.

Sep 26, 2007
Look if she does win and changes her tune significantly or gets a great VP candidate I would consider voting for her. But right now, no.

It's interesting though, to see Hillary as the big winner. But she has less delegate votes and is losing the popular vote in the national arena. I think it will be hard for her to get enough delegates to win the nomination.

Yeah I think if she was to win but I seriously don't see her winning the nomination at this point (knock on wood). She needs a great VP candidate to beat McCain. I don't really see her tune changing much so that is out of the question. I think Obama is really the one who has a sure chance of beating McCain in the general elections because of his sway with the independents which is so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)