US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (7 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
It all is going to bowl down to Florida, Iowa and Pennsilvania.

A bunch of congressional races in dead heat too...

Can't wait for next week.
these dam ppl keep coming up to my door asking me who i am going to vote for, I told them George Washington and f#&k off. Okay, i wasnt so mean but give me a break ppl.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

these dam ppl keep coming up to my door asking me who i am going to vote for, I told them George Washington and f#&k off. Okay, i wasnt so mean but give me a break ppl.
I am surprised they do that.

Normally campaigns contact/visit only registered votets.

I've done it too back in 1996.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Same with me on the streets

Theyre democrats and they always said 'Hey you guys wanna help get John Kerry elected?'

but now they changed and they say 'Hey you guys wanna help beat Bush?'

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #65
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

and you call Bush stupid! :rolleyes:
    Yes, I do as a matter of fact. Are you telling me that oil had nothing to do with the US invading Iraq? And you call me stupid :rolleyes:

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yes, I do as a matter of fact. Are you telling me that oil had nothing to do with the US invading Iraq? And you call me stupid :rolleyes:
    Yeah im telling you that oil had nothing to do with the invasion, thats right!!, its just a classic lame communist argument, totally without evidence!.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #67
    Ok know-it-all, you tell me what had to do with the invasion? Why did the US invade Iraq?

On a similar note, did anyone see Bush's reaction to the Flu vaccine shortage? "If you're young and healthy, just dont get a vaccine this year". Meaning, pray you dont get sick. Kerry reacted to it, but he could use it even more to shed some light on Bush's policies.

Kerry's health plan involves insurance for around 26 uninsured (out of 40-ish), while Bush's accounts only for 8.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002

On a similar note, did anyone see Bush's reaction to the Flu vaccine shortage? "If you're young and healthy, just dont get a vaccine this year". Meaning, pray you dont get sick. Kerry reacted to it, but he could use it even more to shed some light on Bush's policies.

Kerry's health plan involves insurance for around 26 uninsured (out of 40-ish), while Bush's accounts only for 8.
    You know who went and had a vaccine shot? Cheney!

"Do as we tell you, not as we act"

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    Ok know-it-all, you tell me what had to do with the invasion? Why did the US invade Iraq?

Y u keep bashing America and Bush.r u an Iraqi or afghan??

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    To bring freedom to the Iraqi people and to show them how great democracy can be, for the limited offer bargain price of thousands of innocent civilian lives and billions of dollars worth of revenue for American companies from the 'rebuilding of Iraq' :extatic:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #71
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

Y u keep bashing America and Bush.r u an Iraqi or afghan??
    What, if I'm not Iraqi or Afghan I cant point out the problems and flaws in US policies? What should I do, adore them like you? :rolleyes:

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

To bring freedom to the Iraqi people and to show them how great democracy can be, for the limited offer bargain price of thousands of innocent civilian lives and billions of dollars worth of revenue for American companies from the 'rebuilding of Iraq' :extatic:
    Exactly!!! YAY!!!

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

What, if I'm not Iraqi or Afghan I cant point out the problems and flaws in US policies? What should I do, adore them like you? :rolleyes:
    I adore Us policies.haha that was the funniest thing i heard.
    y r u like some (most to say better) other muslims take it like this war is against islam?and all muslims get insulted?the same way against jews.I don't support anybody here.I sometimes defended muslims and other times america or others.I'm totally against war because i'm christian.but if i follow ur stupid logic.i should go back to history and remember what turkey did against armenia and then hate each muslim and open threads bashing muslim presidents all the day :rolleyes:
    So stick to ur business and somebody close this ugly threads before it gets uglier

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #73
    First of all, I dont think this is a war against Islam, as religions inst a factor when major money is involved.

Second, I'm not even muslim, so your accusations have no basis.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    First of all, I dont think this is a war against Islam, as religions inst a factor when major money is involved.

Second, I'm not even muslim, so your accusations have no basis.
    I doubt that..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    So you just want to let Al-Qaeda and similar groups continue bombing trains, killing civilians, etc to alter elections, without doing anything against them, so as n ot to provoke them? Do you really believe that you can pacify terrorists? it isn't just the US that radical Islam hates-the US is merely the centerpoint of usual anti-Christian and anti-Semitic feelings (as well as Israel, of course) people like Osama bin-Laden are not stupid-they know that millions of people hate the US-it's so easy to hate the US! terrorists know that they have a great position-most westerners have no interest in a long, drawn out battle with terrorism, especially if they believe that the terrorists target merely a country that they don't even like-a contry that many people despise. Kerry simply does not have the strength (single-mendedness, narrowmindedness, whatever you see it as) to stand up to all the opposition he would have to continue the war on terror as it is currently being handled. (not to say the way it is being fought now is perfect-far from it!)
    I dont agree.

In the first place, i dont think the US was ever a hated country. Its always symbolised the land of freedom, and the place to achieve your dreams. However, like you say there is a small section that has Anti-US feelings, but of course the way this war panned out, it kinda changed world opinion on a larger scale. I dont know if you stay in the US, but from what i blv; the people who make up the land are not presented in the right light by Bush, and his international policies. Besides, to be honest, i dont think Kerry or Bush for that matter can handle or retaliate to the right extent as far as terrorist attacks go. Nobody in the world can. Like 9/11 showed, it was Bush and America's defense that were caught napping, and Bush only made things worse thereon in. Your saying Kerry doesnt have the strength, well if he's not given the chance you'll never know. Bush has had his chance, and the way i see it, i think he's blown it. The US always takes great pride in presenting their army as the best, most well trained, elite force in the world. What good has that come to, when with all of Bush's resoruces, he hasnt been able to find the one man who in all probability will come back to haunt him: Osama Bin Laden. Unable to do so, hes taken all his frustrations out on Saddam Hussain, that too with ulterior motives. His administration doesnt seem to be as transparent as most people would liek it to be, and therefore i certainly think JFK can only make for a better president. Go Democrats. :D

My prediction: George Dubya Bush will probably edge it.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++

I agree Saddam was bad but that is not a reason for entering a country. It's even worse now in Iraq that some people wishes he was back which is really bad.
    What your saying is the very essence of what the Iraqi sentiment is at this point of time. They say, they'd rather be mistreated by Saddam - thier own countryman, than have another country invade them and dictate their lives.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    What your saying is the very essence of what the Iraqi sentiment is at this point of time. They say, they'd rather be mistreated by Saddam - thier own countryman, than have another country invade them and dictate their lives.
    The "He may have been a ruthless dictator, but dammit -- he was our ruthless dictator" argument. Sad, but there may be truth to that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Which is better, the devil you know, or the devil you don't know.

The fact that Florida can even be considered a "swing state" shows just how close this election is going to be, given the fact that Jeb is the acting governor in the state of Florida.

Pardon me if I'm not exactly bowled over with the prospects for 2004.

Hillary or Rudy in 2008. Can't be any worse than the two that we have to choose from right now.

Besides, all the power is in congress and the Senate, anyway. That's where us Americans should be focusing a good amount of attention to next thursday

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)