US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (136 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
your politics is as dirty or even dirtier than in India... the only difference is that your politicians are funnier (even when they don't mean to be funny)...

Edit:
History question (because i'm too lazy to browse the net to find out) :
Has American elections always been between only Democrats and Republican parties?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
FRANKLIN, Ind. (AP) -- A Republican county election clerk distributed copies of an apparent chain letter referring to Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama as a "young, black Adolf Hitler" to two employees but later told police she intended it to be a joke.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-10-23-17-59-23

It's one thing for random people to make hilarious jokes like that, but election officials??

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
GREEN, Ohio - Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama has failed to tell “the complete truth to the American people” about his relationship with a violent 1960s antiwar activist, Republican nominee John McCain said in an interview airing Thursday.

In a joint interview Wednesday with Brian Williams, anchor of “NBC Nightly News,” McCain and his vice presidential running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, repeatedly questioned Obama’s ties to William Ayers, a co-founder of the Weather Underground, which claimed responsibility for a series of bombings in the 1960s and the 1970s.

In the NBC interview, parts of which the network is airing over three days ending Friday, McCain went out of his way to tie Ayers to Obama, a senator from Illinois. At one point, he changed the subject back to Ayers when Williams asked him about an unrelated issue.

“People can make up their minds, as, again, I say about Mr. Ayers ... the full extent of the relationship with Senator Obama is not known,” McCain said.

“And Senator Obama has not been forthcoming. He has not told the complete truth to the American people, nor did he tell the truth to the American people when he said he would take public financing and signed a piece of paper if I look back when he was a long-shot candidate.”

Palin resisted the suggestion that if Ayers was a “domestic terrorist” — a standard line in her campaign addresses — then so were conservative religious activists who bombed abortion clinics.

“I don’t know if you’re going to use the word 'terrorist’ there,” she said. “It’s unacceptable, and it would not be condoned, of course, on our watch. But if what you’re asking is if I regret referring to Bill Ayers as an unrepenting domestic terrorist, I don’t regret characterizing him as that.”

lol. that just about sums it up. when they're doing it, it's terrorism, when we're doing it it's not.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
your politics is as dirty or even dirtier than in India... the only difference is that your politicians are funnier (even when they don't mean to be funny)...

Edit:
Has American elections always been between only Democrats and Republican parties?
there have been independent winners as well

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Guys guys guys... It's the ECONOMY, STUPID!

Edit:
We have had other parties, primarily the Independent Green Party, that has had elected officials in a few offices. But primarily the Dems and Repubs have been the main players over history.

McCarthyism is the exact right word. I can't believe I didn't think of that, it sums up the Republican media cabal perfectly.

Btw I've seen this woman in embarrassing tv clips, but I thought she was another dumb pundit. Turns out she's a politician and people actually voted for her? That's scary.
Yes, people voted for her. Just goes to show any freak of nature with money could end up being elected to office, at least in this country.

FRANKLIN, Ind. (AP) -- A Republican county election clerk distributed copies of an apparent chain letter referring to Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama as a "young, black Adolf Hitler" to two employees but later told police she intended it to be a joke.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-10-23-17-59-23

It's one thing for random people to make hilarious jokes like that, but election officials??
Get ready for more voting fraud. The Republicans will stop at nothing.

Bitch is nuts. She badly needs to suck on some nuts to shut the hell up.

Seriously, thats an elected official?
Unfortunately.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Edit:
No. We've had Federalists, Whigs, the Bull Moose Party(T. Roosevelt), Jefferson had his own party, only after the Civil War did we move to a strictly two party system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)