US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (155 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm tired of hearing about the wedding of one of Bush's daughters. In reality, I hope it was as quaint and uplifting as the past 8 years experienced by the average income American. Inshallah their marriage turns out to be horror. Fuck you Bush maggots.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I actually use that word a lot. It sounds good.
That's good. Have you ever heard of Rinkeby Swedish? It's a type of Swedish spoken in Rinkeby, Stockholm. It's a mix of Swedish, Arabic, Turkish, Kurdish, Farsi, Serbo-Croatian, and even Armenian. So what you have are a bunch of people from all over the world and Swede's who live there speaking this language.

Every neighborhood has their own but Rinkeby Swedish is the most known.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's good. Have you ever heard of Rinkeby Swedish? It's a type of Swedish spoken in Rinkeby, Stockholm. It's a mix of Swedish, Arabic, Turkish, Kurdish, Farsi, Serbo-Croatian, and even Armenian. So what you have are a bunch of people from all over the world and Swede's who live there speaking this language.

Every neighborhood has their own but Rinkeby Swedish is the most known.
I have not heard of it actually. Where is it predominantly spoken... as in which parts of Stockholm and the various other bigger cities? And which original language is it most tied to?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I have not heard of it actually. Where is it predominantly spoken... as in which parts of Stockholm and the various other bigger cities? And which original language is it most tied to?
Rinkeby is a suburb of Stockholm and that's where it's spoken. Other areas (not just Rinkeby) have their own.

It's tied to Swedish, so Swedish is the base/root of it.

In Uppsala my friends and I will say "salaam" instead of "hej" (hello), "habibi" instead of "kompis/vän" (friend), "sho" to say what's up, etc. But it's not anywhere close to Rinkeby Swedish. One word that pretty much everyone uses all over Sweden is "fett" which is taken from the English "phat".

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Rinkeby is a suburb of Stockholm and that's where it's spoken. Other areas (not just Rinkeby) have their own.

It's tied to Swedish, so Swedish is the base/root of it.

In Uppsala my friends and I will say "salaam" instead of "hej" (hello), "habibi" instead of "kompis/vän" (friend), "sho" to say what's up, etc. But it's not anywhere close to Rinkeby Swedish. One word that pretty much everyone uses all over Sweden is "fett" which is taken from the English "phat".
So it's basically more related to Islamic roots in those areas, where foreign influence is particularly strong?

I wish Dearborn would start their own sort of slang for the region. They have such great Arabic/Persian influence there that it's a nice change. What to go back there and experience the culture and food again soon, which I will. Largest Arabic population per capita in the states, baby.

Sep 26, 2007
So it's basically more related to Islamic roots in those areas, where foreign influence is particularly strong?

I wish Dearborn would start their own sort of slang for the region. They have such great Arabic/Persian influence there that it's a nice change. What to go back there and experience the culture and food again soon, which I will. Largest Arabic population per capita in the states, baby.
Actually Dearborn does have their own slang for the region. They talk a mix of Arabic and English all over there. I can always tell Dearborn Lebanese because of the way they talk. You definitely should go visit and check out the food thats really the best part of Dearborn.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually Dearborn does have their own slang for the region. They talk a mix of Arabic and English all over there. I can always tell Dearborn Lebanese because of the way they talk. You definitely should go visit and check out the food thats really the best part of Dearborn.
Word up. That's one of the only areas I'm not familiar with in my family's region. I've only been there once which is a shame, and I'll change that fact soon. It's one of the most interesting places in this nation probably.

Gotta love Lebanese food. ;)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Yea you can say that. Though I left out that Spanish also influences the language.

I wish Dearborn would start their own sort of slang for the region. They have such great Arabic/Persian influence there that it's a nice change.
It surprises me actually. With so many foreigners in this country they haven't really had any such impact on the language. Ebonics is probably the closest influence on the language/slang.

What to go back there and experience the culture and food again soon, which I will. Largest Arabic population per capita in the states, baby.
I wish I had gone to Dearborn when I was in Michigan a couple of years ago. We did go downtown though and there were a lot of Arab restaurants and sheesha bars.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yea you can say that. Though I left out that Spanish also influences the language.
It surprises me actually. With so many foreigners in this country they haven't really had any such impact on the language. Ebonics is probably the closest influence on the language/slang.
I wish I had gone to Dearborn when I was in Michigan a couple of years ago. We did go downtown though and there were a lot of Arab restaurants and sheesha bars.
Yeah indeed, but the most places downtown are Greek. We have a great Greek influence downtown, and I love it. No doubt it can only be enhanced by food from Lebanon, etc. I wish we could all get that place going with different ethnic influences downtown.

Interesting on the slang of said places.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
My list would go...

Jim Web
Zell Miller
Joe Biden
Ted Stickland
John Tester
Sam Nunn

My favorites being Jim Web and John Tester. With Zell Miller as the dream.
Zell Fucking Miller????????????

You mean the guy who spoke at the GOP National Convention in 2004 and said that a Democrat in the White House would have the Islamic Terrorists in control of the US? The guy who said, "You want Bin Laden deciding our national security issues? I want Bush" ? That guy.

I would put a bullet in his head, personally, if any Democrat ever forgot that shit and put him on a ticket. Any ticket.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zell Fucking Miller????????????

You mean the guy who spoke at the GOP National Convention in 2004 and said that a Democrat in the White House would have the Islamic Terrorists in control of the US? The guy who said, "You want Bin Laden deciding our national security issues? I want Bush" ? That guy.

I would put a bullet in his head, personally, if any Democrat ever forgot that shit and put him on a ticket. Any ticket.
I would put two bullets in his head, friend.

Enron, what were you thinking???

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
"I'm staying in the race just in case somone kills Obama, which is likely because he is black and most whites are opposed to living under black domination" - H. Clinton

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I think we need to replace the :doh: smilie with a picture of Hillary after this one:

Clinton, Defending Nomination Battle, Cites R.F.K. Assassination
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/...ls-vp-chatter-completely-untrue/index.html?hp
"I'm staying in the race just in case somone kills Obama, which is likely because he is black and most whites are opposed to living under black domination" - H. Clinton
dont think the Clintons havent planned "something"

I remember reading an email back in 2000 regarding the many people associated with the Clinton's who came upon "accidents"....many supposedly committing suicide by jumping out windows, supposed self inflicted gunshot wounds, single-engine plane crashes, etc..........

what do the Clintons have in store for Obama ???

will they include the good reverand Jeremiah Wright in a double homicide....or will they pin Obama's demise on him ??

stay tuned........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 155)