US Diplomats killed in Benghazi over amateur's film (10 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Doesn't matter, does it? A belief is a belief, and it's founded on a perception of reality. Which can be right or wrong.
Maybe it matters to me. I find it pathetic that someone calls me pathetic because I chose to believe in a religion. If you don't, that's your business. I should be able to believe in God without being pathetic.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Maybe it matters to me. I find it pathetic that someone calls me pathetic because I chose to believe in a religion. If you don't, that's your business. I should be able to believe in God without being pathetic.
Well, if you can choose to believe in a religion then someone can choose to consider you pathetic for it, no? All in the name of free choice.

This discussion is relatively futile though. You don't need to be that concerned about what people believe on your account. People believe all kinds of things..

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
A tool that has been misused many times in history.
Apologies, I don't mean to call you "pathetic" but rather the system.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Okay, misused, but that implies it was also used for its real purpose. Which was?
I believe that there is some truth to religion, but the popular religions of today were supposedly by "God" for man. More like by Man for man. Religion war originally used to spread, so that those who where "enlightened" could enlighten others. This all help to spread the idea of globalization (Whole nother story).

And so I ask why does the Book of the Dead sound so familiar to the Bible? Same ten commandments? Almost similar story to Jesus, the same symbols. But ofcourse, these are only "pagan". Ten comes along someone who rewrites this stuff and all of a sudden its acceptable?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
A tool that has been misused many times in history.
It has also been used properly many a times. Denmark for example had a technological "revolution" at the beginning of the second millenium when christianity came knocking around here. Just felt I would add that to give a more complete picture of religion :D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Dumb & Dumber is one of my favorite comedies. Ace Ventura 1&2 are great, too. Liar Liar is good also. I have to concede the point that many of his movies are shit, though.
I can think of like two of his movies that aren't good. Truman was great, the Mask was hilarious, etc. Therefore, he's a great actor.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I can think of like two of his movies that aren't good. Truman was great, the Mask was hilarious, etc. Therefore, he's a great actor.
He's not a great actor, but he can be funny.

A fellow seinfelder too, what a disappointment. Like saying I love Orwell but also Harry Potter.
I'm sorry to disappoint, but I loved him during my mid teens and now I can't help but smile or laugh at some of his stuff. You must have a hidden pleasure that you're afraid to share with us? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)