Underated SerieA stars (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
If you ask the average football fan who is your favorite player, who is your fave player, more often than not you will get the ususal suspects
Dp, Totti, Baggio, Vialli, Maldini, Batistuta, Mancini etc

Whom do you guys think are those players who you think have been underated in that they may have been better than those idolised players but because of one reason or the other have had different careers to their erstwhile collegues

I can just think of a few right now and they are

Zola, i feel and its just my opinion, that if he was better looking or had more charisma, he would have rivalled Baggio in the national leam, but for some reason he never quite made it

Chiesa i feel he too is overlooked as he should reall have won more caps than he did

Signori for some reason is not as appreciated as his talents deserve

Marco Simone criminally overlooked as well

Roberto Donadoni who for me was one of the best players that have come out of Italy in the last 20 years but will always be in the shadows of ppl like Baresi, Maldini, Baggio etc

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Isn't Asta a free agent at the moment? Apparently one of the best performers for Torino last season, also got a call up. Candidate?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Paolo Di Canio, he is turning heads at England

Pessotto, deserves more recognition

C. Zanetti, a great player but not really appreciated at Inter

Lupatelli, Was Roma's GK .. but now plays for Chievo

Serginho, dangerous winger but over-shadowed with the likes of R. Carlos and Cafu

ZiZiTops

Jul 22, 2002
Does anyone remeber Walter Shachner, from eitherAustria or Switzerland he played around the same time as Platini and Maradona for a small team, I can't remember, but scored many goals.

TiNiB

Aug 29, 2002
Yeah Donadoni was great, so was Dejan Savicevic, he sparkled in the 94 European Champions Cup.

oh yeah what happened to Igor Protti!

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
pessotto is under-rated 2, hes much better than coco. i dont know if u would call pirlo under-rated, but he deserves a first team place, if not in milan somewhere else cos it would be a shame 2 throw away one of italys finest talents. zola is probably the most under-rated players of all time!!! i mean in italy!!! its sad 2 see such a great player not getting the recognition he deserves in his own country. Marazinna is under-rated 2. um thats all i could think of. oy ya and Mutu, i wish we got him instead of camoranesi.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Of this recent generation they are many underrated players. Montella and Di Vaio for instance,are strikers of world class but are not appreciated as much as your Inzaghi's and your Vieri's.

Another underrated striker is none other than our Marcelo Zalayeta. He has improved tremendously since his return to Juve and deserves more credit than he is given.

Then they are players that don't get the playing time that they deserve. e.g. Oddo,Zauri and Ambrosini (With the Azzurri of course). Anyways..there are plenty of underrated players in Serie A. Last season was a good example,players like Mutu and Maniero aren't appreciated as much as they should be because they don't play for a big club.

At the moment I'm not in the mood to go on and on about underrated players,so that's all for now..

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Nedved, a couple years back. People were like Nedved? who's that? Different story at present.

Serginho, one of my favs, I think he's better than Carlos.

Di Canio, you all know what this guy can do.

Stankovic, very underrated.
Ventola, honestly, even I am asking the question, where is this guy?

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Some of the names being banded i agree with some i do not, Savicevic was first under rated but not towards the end of his stay at Milan as he kept Baggio out of the side so i won't say under rated, Di Canio well i am not sure he is as effective as he is entertaining as even his away performances or no show in away matches in England testify, in saying that he is such a talent though as for Oddo, Zauri etc i feel they are too young in their careers to be called underated, they may go on to be world beaters

Personally i think Mutu is slightly over rated and as for Shachner he did play for Austria though i do not know if he ever played in SerieA.

Zalayeta, well really no comment on that one

Boban was underated as i feel he was one of the best ever to play for Milan but players like Savi, Weah took most of the glory

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i think Zola is the most under-rated. the guy is great, even now.

I agree that Tudor is also.

another player who isnt so much under-rated, but he's just out of the spotlight when people talk about world stars: Ryan Giggs.

i remember more:
    Jardel is very under-rated. he scores more goals than anyone. he has 10000 golden boots but is still not recognized as a top striker. wherever he goes, ,he wins titles (Porto, Gala, Benfica, Sporting)

Even Henrik Larsson, Solskjaer, and Elber are in the same situation as Jardel.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I think it is Jardel's own fault. He keeps moving between weaker leagues. I am sure if he would succeed in Italy, Spain or England he would be recognised as a world class player

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i dont think thats valid enough...he probibly wants to go to a bigger league. the problem is that nobody shows enough intrest in him.....so

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Signori for some reason is not as appreciated as his talents deserve
    maybe because of his quite-poor international goals record....but still, he shoulda been given more of a chance....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Yeah definitely, Kiran. A few years ago Nedved was unknown. Even if he scored 11 goals in his first season with Lazio. For several years he was never mentioned when naming the best laziale. Now things have changed drastically and I feel he's getting more noise than he deserves (or maybe it's just because his Juve haircut bugs me... :D). But that always happens with fame, it gets out of proportion, that's how Del Piero and Ronaldo can go injured for 2 years and people will still name them among the top players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)