UK Politics (10 Viewers)

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
If you look closely he's the same android species as Zuckerberg.

Suella Braverman gives me Oswald Moseley vibes. Although I don't always disagree with what she says. That's politics I guess.
Now that you said it, he does look like him :lol:

How do you feel about this hot beat sounding less and less like satire with time?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Farage finna lead the tories lmao

The tories now are where UKIP used to be, and labour are where the Tories used to be. The grip of right wing media has yanked the Overton window impressively far in as few as 10-15 years

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
That’s quite a bit. That’s $4290 or about $358 a month. One could get a nice car in monthly installments for that sort of money.
That's to cover a 2-year stay. It is still a ridiculous amount. The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), which is £1045 per year, alone is super abusive; it's basically a Ponzi scheme to keep paying for old people's healthcare. On top of that, I still have to pay income tax and National Insurance each month. Essentially, I am being double-taxed.

- - - Updated - - -

My 6 year stay in the UK until I become a citizen is going to cost me £11k in total.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
That's to cover a 2-year stay. It is still a ridiculous amount. The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), which is £1045 per year, alone is super abusive; it's basically a Ponzi scheme to keep paying for old people's healthcare. On top of that, I still have to pay income tax and National Insurance each month. Essentially, I am being double-taxed.

- - - Updated - - -

My 6 year stay in the UK until I become a citizen is going to cost me £11k in total.
Do you need to renew every 2 years? I thought it was 3 years.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Do you need to renew every 2 years? I thought it was 3 years.
My first visa is for 3 years, then I'll renew for another 2, then I can apply for indefinite leave to remain (permanent residency).

You can get a 5 year visa but then you have to pay all 5 years of IHS upfront. Many employers also don't offer sponsorship for that long as they also have to pay X amount for each year. If you leave for another job, then they've lost that money for good.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)