UK Politics (12 Viewers)

Apr 29, 2006
They never joined in the first place. The UK, on the other hand, is an integral part of the EU, and the EU is an integral part of the UK.
Both are and will be an integral part of Europe. Whether that will be the case for the European Union we shall see, but it hasn't been an integral part of Europe for very long and still isn't evidently.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Cornwall....yeah. Should have include Northern Ireland instead.

- - - Updated - - -

He arrived in Scotland and immediately congratulated them. Dude is a fucking moron. Until now I thought he was faking it. Now I realise he's an utter moron. Brace for the worst, America.
There's a guy who lives yards from one of his golf courses up there who has erected Mexico flags alongside the Scottish ones :D

- - - Updated - - -

1-2 anyone with half a brain knew (worrying in itself). 3-4 both sides knew would happen. 5 is a wild claim less than 24 hours later.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because it's smart to leave EU because you don't like immigrants regardless of how that affects your livelihood
Seeing foreigners around not speaking English to each other affects us all greatly. Makes me think of this chestnut I read:

Just been to the supermarket to do my weekly shopping when the cashier asked a foreign couple in front of me if they wanted help with packing their bags.

I thought to myself, "fuck me, it's happening quicker than I expected"
:D

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Will skim through the last couple of pages in a minute but before I do I want to address the 'People at Uni are mostly voting remain, dem dere genius students are intelligenterer' argument gripping the country right now.

As somebody in my early 20s who has delayed going to Uni until next Year because I wanted to get a bit of experience and money for the first time i'll say now that argument is not a great one.

Yes some of the plebs with 2 GCSEs and no teeth who hate foreigners attached themselves to the 'leave' campaign and they're idiots. But at the same time I know this supposedly well educated age group.

Your average young student on the standard path here in the UK

Gets mandatory schooling until 16. Leaves 3 months later to go to college/6th form

Does that for approx 2 years then fucks off to Uni 3 months later.

They are NOT people you generally want to be looking at for sage advice in an unprecedented World changing decision. Most of them haven't had a single real job by this time in their lives and they LOVE the EU benefits. Why wouldn't they? A lot of them want to study abroad, a lot of them want to take their degree and live abroad particularly in places such as Germany with financial service type degrees. A lot of people in that age group I know and also don't really know well but here cited some great reasons to stay in the EU such as

"We NEED to vote remain, not because I think it will make this country better, but because it's easier for me to LEAVE it"

"What about the cheap holidays abroad?"

"EU is great, I want to study via the Erasmus programme, this might not happen in the future"

Very self serving, sometimes idiotic decision making process by youngsters here. A majority of which have never seen any real EU issues because they're not in the real World.

I'm not doing this to generalise, and will say that plenty of well educated students who have taken the time to research and particularly ones who argue in favour of EU due to the economic uncertainty have great points. But this whole weird idea that half of the country is now saying the University students here clearly know what's best is equally as bad as believing old unemployed baz from Stoke who thinks foreigners are coming here to steal his wife, kids and 10 hour a week dish washing job.

If I want to ask an 18 year old with no job experience, doing a creative arts degree at a low tier Uni a question, it'll be about going to Greece on the cheap with the lads and getting fucking hammered for £5. There's a LOT of students like that. Because I actually know them and see them at University.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Oh and the 'Farage lied about NHS because a bus told me so' is fabricated BS any way

Farage was never officially in the mainstream leave campaign, his UKIP interests just happened to align perfectly with a EU referendum.

HE'S NOT EVEN A FUCKING MP :lol: He has no say in this whatsoever yet. People mixing up UKIP with the 'leave' campaign are finding stupid ways to moan.

- - - Updated - - -

If we had more negotiating power, staying in the EU and helping make some major changes would have been the ideal solution. But as we know the EU would sooner die than let a member nation try and get more favourable terms. Some people were saying 'stay and fight' hard, no impossible to do that when your own PM can barely squeeze anything from negotiations. How the hell could you possibly fight against the EU when they have all the rights and authority to tell you to fuck off.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
• 18-24: 75% Remain
• 25-49: 56% Remain
• 50-64: 44% Remain
• 65+: 39% Remain

Older generations voting for a future the younger ones don't want

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Labours problem is a lot of them took the stance of 'remain, but fight for change within the EU'

Which was probably the single biggest lie in the entire brexit event. You can't fight for change when you signed up to be overruled and have no power to dictate anything to the EU powers. It's like a kid saying he's going to fight for no homework, yeah that's nice but the system will tell you to sit down and shut up and you have to accept that.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
The EU has been $#@! for years and is in desperate need of big reforms. It doesn't look bright on that front.
Britain won't suffer from the exit.
Agreed 100%. Hopefully Italy will leave soon

- - - Updated - - -

• 18-24: 75% Remain
• 25-49: 56% Remain
• 50-64: 44% Remain
• 65+: 39% Remain

Older generations voting for a future the younger ones don't want
Younger generations indoctrinated for many years to believe the tripe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)