UK Politics (13 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I thought you were for, no government intervention, market based economy, and generally a libertarian. Shouldn't you be for more global competition? and let the market solve the problem, and shit like that?
Just because I'm pro republican in some issues doesn't mean I'm for ALL pro-republican issues. :D Gosh, I am for quite a bit of liberal social issues, but yeah, I see your point. That's why I brought it up actually because we have an immigration debate here and I'm curious to see how this would turn out in the UK.

The left here slams the right for being "big business" which couldn't be a bigger lie because if the right is big business so is the left. Big business and the 1%er's are the evil republicans according to them. It's not coincidence big companies like Facebook & Microsoft and so pro democrat...its the jobs they want on low labor so, what better solution than immigrants?

Instead of the cost of safety nets/welfare thats handed out to immigrants being paid for by the tax payer why not shift THAT burden to the big business that hire them? Gives a little incentive to everyone I would think, wouldn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

How is that compatible with EU regulations? Unless they're talking about non-EU workers...
Not sure, I saw an article and figured I'd bring it up here. Must be non-EU it would be the only thing that makes sense?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I thought you were for, no government intervention, market based economy, and generally a libertarian. Shouldn't you be for more global competition? and let the market solve the problem, and shit like that?
Neo-conservatism.

Similarly, leftish leaning people (such as me) are generally "pro government intervention", but against these measures, which are essentially nationalist.

Things like this is why dividing people into "pro-government" and "anti-government" doesn't make sense.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How is that compatible with EU regulations? Unless they're talking about non-EU workers...
The tax affects EU workers indirectly rather than directly infringing on freedom of employment, so it's interesting to see what Brussels comes up with.

I'm more concerned about the possibility of an EU zone standard corporation tax. I would vote to come out of the EU on that alone.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The tax affects EU workers indirectly rather than directly infringing on freedom of employment, so it's interesting to see what Brussels comes up with.

I'm more concerned about the possibility of an EU zone standard corporation tax. I would vote to come out of the EU on that alone.
Honestly, I'd vote to kick out UK more than anyone in the EU. They're literally the only ones not even trying to pretend that the goal is to work together. Their whole agenda is based on trying to exploit the other EU countris for their own gain, with special trade & capital regulations, the least amount of money going to towards collective institutions, while not giving up any sovereignity.

The EU would profit from a UK-exit.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Honestly, I'd vote to kick out UK more than anyone in the EU. They're literally the only ones not even trying to pretend that the goal is to work together. Their whole agenda is based on trying to exploit the other EU countris for their own gain, with special trade & capital regulations, the least amount of money going to towards collective institutions, while not giving up any sovereignity.

The EU would profit from a UK-exit.
:tup:

but not sure about the bolded part.

anyways, its kinda OT, but it reminded me of this:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm sure the EU bankers would agree with you.

France and especially Germany control too much for the EU to be of UK interest beyond what it currently is. With Brussels trying to get a say in the City it just becomes farcical. Being dictated to by a modern Fatherland isn't in current UK interests, only freedom of trade is.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just because I'm pro republican in some issues doesn't mean I'm for ALL pro-republican issues. :D Gosh, I am for quite a bit of liberal social issues, but yeah, I see your point. That's why I brought it up actually because we have an immigration debate here and I'm curious to see how this would turn out in the UK.

The left here slams the right for being "big business" which couldn't be a bigger lie because if the right is big business so is the left. Big business and the 1%er's are the evil republicans according to them. It's not coincidence big companies like Facebook & Microsoft and so pro democrat...its the jobs they want on low labor so, what better solution than immigrants?

Instead of the cost of safety nets/welfare thats handed out to immigrants being paid for by the tax payer why not shift THAT burden to the big business that hire them? Gives a little incentive to everyone I would think, wouldn't i
It's almost impossible to be a politician in the US and not be pro-big business these days. :agree:

The last part seems to me like it could encourage businesses to hire more illegal workers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure the EU bankers would agree with you.

France and especially Germany control too much for the EU to be of UK interest beyond what it currently is. With Brussels trying to get a say in the City it just becomes farcical. Being dictated to by a modern Fatherland isn't in current UK interests, only freedom of trade is.
And Austerity!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's almost impossible to be a politician in the US and not be pro-big business these days. :agree:

The last part seems to me like it could encourage businesses to hire more illegal workers.
It is. The lobbying done on the beltway is insane.

And yes, it would encourage them to do what they want anyways at least some extra income could be made from it since they (immigrants) are taking up some of that safety net we pay for. So, if its something that can't be avoided and if anyone can pay for it it should be the big businesses IMO. Controlling the kind of jobs that can pay over the counter cash should be a goal as well.

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #699
    Great news based on what, his love of Hezbollah and Hamas? :lol: Maybe he and George Galloway can buy a time share over at Daesh HQ.
    Do you love everyone you've ever talked to?

If you want to take a hardline anti-war position, as Corbyn does, you have to be prepared to talk to everyone.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I was replying more in relation to the member who posted than my actual thoughts on the matter.

Corbyn is too far left for my personal preference, but his appointment is a normal reaction to austerity and the lack of choice caused by New Labour. I'm not sure yet how this kind of 1980s ideological leader transposes to modern politics outside of the hardline left or young London hipster class, I think Corbyn could have real problems when it comes to foreign relations. Syrian (and general) immigration, ISIS and defence are things which will face growing resentment over time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)