UK Politics (13 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It is.

The EU is an entity that is entirely subservient to the banks and multinational corporations, as are mainstream political parties. That's why they're garbage.
The idea and organisation is not necessarily messed up though.

Just their current policies, which are mostly due to Germanys leading role.

And the UKs attitude and effect on the EU has just been incredibly selfish and damaging for the EU, I wouldn't miss them one bit.

Jul 1, 2010
The idea and organisation is not necessarily messed up though.

Just their current policies, which are mostly due to Germanys leading role.

And the UKs attitude and effect on the EU has just been incredibly selfish and damaging for the EU, I wouldn't miss them one bit.
It's incredibly bureaucratic and anti-democratic.

It's executive, the Council, is co-legislator along with the parliament, which is an absolute joke. Separation of powers my arse. The European constitution looks like it was written by Goldman Sachs and HSBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically like every other society in the western world.
Hence why all is garbage to me and we're all in a huge mess.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

It's executive, the Council, is co-legislator along with the parliament, which is an absolute joke. Separation of powers my arse. The European constitution looks like it was written by Goldman Sachs and HSBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence why all is garbage to me and we're all in a huge mess.
Imo, "neo-liberalism" is the main problem.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

It's executive, the Council, is co-legislator along with the parliament, which is an absolute joke. Separation of powers my arse.
Of course, just noticed that saying the organisation isn't messed up was rather misleading of me. What I meant was that I very much like the idea of a politically united Europe, with important parts of the legislation being decided across the whole continent. In a world of globalised international coorporations and financial institutions, the political institutions desperately need to act internationally as well to even stand the slightest chance.

The current EU is of course set up incredibly undemocratically, as you said. The power EP needs to be expanded massively, and transeuropean parties need to be established.

Currently we've got the PMs of Germany and France deciding over the budget of Greece, with not a single Greek citizen having been able to take part in any election of either of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo, "neo-liberalism" is the main problem.
:tup:

Jul 1, 2010
And you think that the leaders of the EU want it to change?

Germany has managed to obtain control of Europe without bloodshed this time, I doubt they'll be willing to relinquish it anytime soon.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
At this rate I can see Nigel Farage ending up as Deputy PM. Lib Dems are an utter joke. Ed Milliband can't even win over his party let alone a GE. The Tories are losing ground to UKIP and the usual 'alternative' voting, and are unlikely to win a ruling majority (again).

At least a Conservative-UKIP coalition is on a similar political alignment, but this is going to alienate a lot of people.

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #615
    Astonished to see that the forum isn't abuzz with chatter about the election...

I'm outraged to see that those frightful Scots might end up exerting undue influence in London.

Jul 1, 2010
    That moron Russell Brand sold out :lol:

A week ago: I've never voted and I will never win, it's pointless and all parties are the same, it's a systemic problem, join my revolution!!!!!!!

Yesterday: Vote for Miliband, he's not like the others!!

What a wanker :lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    That moron Russell Brand sold out :lol:

A week ago: I've never voted and I will never win, it's pointless and all parties are the same, it's a systemic problem, join my revolution!!!!!!!

Yesterday: Vote for Miliband, he's not like the others!!

What a wanker :lol:
    It took him a whole 2 mins 30 seconds speaking with Milliband to change his mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)