UK Politics (8 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I have a question for all the British members here. Why is it so wrong that the BNP want to preserve "British peoples identity"? and why is it deemed racist?

I mean i understand why Europeans become such pussies when it comes to nationalism and all that for obvious historical reasons. But i think that some of the BNP's concerns are understandable.

When they consider themselves to be "better" than other ethnic groups, thats when it can be considered racism, but when they want to stop immigration from non "British" people, i don't see why thats wrong. I also don't see why its wrong if they want Britain to be more "British". After all it is the British peoples country, and its their ancestors that have lived there for centuries, so they do have more of a right to it than anybody else. Of course, for minority ethnic groups that have been in Britain for generations, these guys have just as much of a right to Britain as the "British" people. But if the government decides to stop giving citizenship to people from other nationalities, i personally see that as completely legitimate and completely understandable.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have a question for all the British members here. Why is it so wrong that the BNP want to preserve "British peoples identity"? and why is it deemed racist?

I mean i understand why Europeans become such pussies when it comes to nationalism and all that for obvious historical reasons. But i think that some of the BNP's concerns are understandable.

When they consider themselves to be "better" than other ethnic groups, thats when it can be considered racism, but when they want to stop immigration from non "British" people, i don't see why thats wrong. I also don't see why its wrong if they want Britain to be more "British". After all it is the British peoples country, and its their ancestors that have lived there for centuries, so they do have more of a right to it than anybody else. Of course, for minority ethnic groups that have been in Britain for generations, these guys have just as much of a right to Britain as the "British" people. But if the government decides to stop giving citizenship to people from other nationalities, i personally see that as completely legitimate and completely understandable.
Maybe that's because a lot of people realize, even just intuitively, that any state or nation that exist in the world today is a product of immigration and intermarriage through the ages, there is no such thing as a "pure" state. Everything is "mixed" already, if not because the "British" (as if that's a nationality even) people were the first to arrive in Britain, but because they too were preceded by smaller groups (tribes even) that mixed with other groups etc etc. The whole idea of "preserving our heritage" is little more than xenophobia.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Maybe that's because a lot of people realize, even just intuitively, that any state or nation that exist in the world today is a product of immigration and intermarriage through the ages, there is no such thing as a "pure" state. Everything is "mixed" already, if not because the "British" (as if that's a nationality even) people were the first to arrive in Britain, but because they too were preceded by smaller groups (tribes even) that mixed with other groups etc etc. The whole idea of "preserving our heritage" is little more than xenophobia.

I am not advocating a Hitler-like Aryan race kind of thing. Of course there was mix and intermarriage throughout history. Then they developed a common culture, history, traditions etc. If they want to preserve all that, i don't see anything wrong with that.

Plus, they're right a lot of people go to Britain and get the British citizenship only for the benefits that come with the British passport. I personally know loads of people like that.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I am not advocating a Hitler-like Aryan race kind of thing. Of course there was mix and intermarriage throughout history. Then they developed a common culture, history, traditions etc. If they want to preserve all that, i don't see anything wrong with that.
No, they didn't develop a "common" culture, there was no shortage of immigration throughout the whole period, into and out of "Britain", in the last 1000 years. These things are in a constant state of flux and it's only xenophobes who make it out to be something that "it was like this the whole time and now all of a sudden they want to change it". No, it was constantly in a state of change. These stories are just bad history.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Culture is not a static historical stance but a fluid ever-evolving group stance.

For example the Arab world uses culture as an excuse to subjogate Women, saying that their historical shared experience says it's a correct state of affairs, well bull poopy!

If your culture is wrong, change it, that's why we don't beat women or drink and drive anymore, because what is very old is often pointless, aka the Chiementi rule.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Culture is not a static historical stance but a fluid ever-evolving group stance.

For example the Arab world uses culture as an excuse to subjogate Women, saying that their historical shared experience says it's a correct state of affairs, well bull poopy!

If your culture is wrong, change it, that's why we don't beat women or drink and drive anymore, because what is very old is often pointless, aka the Chiementi rule.

You do know there is a difference between Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Arab world, don't you?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005

see their whole argument of what is "british" is null and void anyway,the "british" people are massively influenced by the many different people we subjugated,the many cultures we subverted and the influences the British empire brought back to our shores. these bigots fail to realise that what made britain such a powerful force was its ability to absorb elements of the foreign culture it tried to suppress in the natives it conquered.
add to this that britain in itself has taken elements of all its early foreign invaders (vikings,saxons,romans,etc) and integrated it into our language and culture. being Britsh actually means nothing,we are a mixed bag of tribes that have accepted each others presence simply because our island isnt big enough to keep fighting with each other and we got sick of out wives being raped by foreign invaders

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
You do know there is a difference between Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Arab world, don't you?
:blah: Saudi Arabia is the most improvent Arab state according to the UN.

The Facts speak for themselves, there is an inherent lack of Gender Equality in both the Arab and African cultures which makes the West seem like saints.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
The Facts speak for themselves, there is an inherent lack of Gender Equality in both the Arab and African cultures which makes the West seem like saints.
Their's a lack of equality in general in the Arab and African countries ATM thank west for that. Gender equality is the least of our problems.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Britain, US and you can put France there too as colonial/influential countries that only left Arab occupied countries when dictators were safely given the nod while the other part of them actually backed those dictators and are still doing so.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009

That is what they hide behind instead of being openly racist. They have realised that racism isnt openly tollerated anymore so they have taped into why people are racist and make that their party stand point.

They are a fucking disgusting party, they can say what they want but they are just scum.

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #320

Because they are not pro-British; they are pro-white.

They go very close to pushing the sort of thing that was said in Nazi Germany, and then have the nerve to use Churchill and WWII imagery in their campaigning.

Q: Why are you against mixed-raced relationships?

A: We are against mixed-raced relationships because we believe that all species and races of life on this planet are beautiful and must be preserved. When whites take partners from other ethnic groups, a white family line that stretches back into deep pre-history is destroyed. And, of course, the same is true of the non-white side. We want generations that spring from us to be the same as us, look like us, and be moved by the same things as us. We feel that to preserve the rich tapestry of mankind, we must preserve ethnic differences, not ‘mish-mash’ them together.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020203190553/www.bnp.org.uk/faq.html
    Racist fuckers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)