UEFA Team of the Year.. Final Squad Announced (2 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i dont think there is any left back close to being better than Carlos in the moment,in fact i think he is the only defender that is one of the best 10 players in the world.not to mention he is Reals most important player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
Reals most important player IMO is Carlos,he creates more goals than Zambro,he scores more than Zambro,but Zambro is slightly more solid in defence.
R.Carlos completely dominates the left flank,and i dont think that there is any left back in the world that can be compared to Carlos.
Actually, Zambro outplayed and outclassed Roberto Carlos in the CL semi-final last season.

Zambro's played in 18 games this season and has 7 assists, while Bobby Carlos has played 17, with 3 assists, so you can't say that Carlos is better at assisting overall. Zambro's crosses are much better than R. Carlos', and he also has the advantage that he doesn't get caught out in defence because he goes forward too much.

As you said, he's more solid in defence, and that's a very important quality for...*drumroll* a defender! Zambro also has height advantage over Carlos

I'm also glad that he doesn't do stupid things like Roberto Carlos' over-ambitious bicycle clearance against Denmark to let Laudrup score.

I'm not saying that Zambro's definitely a better player or anything, but i think you're underestimating his game.

I also like Zambro's attitude and personality. He's not a cocky, arrogant bastard

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    @fred weasley: what are you on man.. zambro is way better than carlos as a left back.. you said it yourself.."zambro is more solid in defence".. and a left-back should be able to defend more than to attack.. isn't he?

gray mentioned last year's cl semi.. when zambro thrashed carlos out of the game.. he also gave you some statistics that prove zambro's superiority over carlos in LB position..

one more thing, Zidane is the most important and crusial player in Real's squad.. then comes ronaldo.. and raul.. then figo.. and after that comes R. Carlos..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    @fred weasley: what are you on man.. zambro is way better than carlos as a left back.. you said it yourself.."zambro is more solid in defence".. and a left-back should be able to defend more than to attack.. isn't he?

gray mentioned last year's cl semi.. when zambro thrashed carlos out of the game.. he also gave you some statistics that prove zambro's superiority over carlos in LB position..

one more thing, Zidane is the most important and crusial player in Real's squad.. then comes ronaldo.. and raul.. then figo.. and after that comes R. Carlos..
    dude....R.Carlos is Reals most important player,he plays more than one role in the field,Real play without a left winger,meaning that R.Carlos plays all by himself on the left flank.

the statistics Gray showed arent enough to show that Zambro is better than R.Carlos in assists,maybe this season he is,R.Carlos isnt really the one we knew at 2002,when IMO he was the best player in the world,Fifa put R.Carlos in front of Zambro in their player rankings,same goes with France football magazine and UEFA.

R.Carlos without any doubt is the fastest Left back in the world and the most technical one too.

so i dont think that Zambro is even close to Carlos.

my respect to your opinions,Gray,Gandalf

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Nor is R. Carlos for that matter.
    Actually you're right, R. Carlos is actually kind of a nice guy, but by the way he plays, it's sort of evident that he thinks he's the best. Now i don't mind confidence here and there, but trying to do everything yourself when it's not necessary gets on my nerves.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Actually you're right, R. Carlos is actually kind of a nice guy, but by the way he plays, it's sort of evident that he thinks he's the best. Now i don't mind confidence here and there, but trying to do everything yourself when it's not necessary gets on my nerves.
    actually i have never seen R.Carlos trying to do everything by himself,he is one of the most unselfish players in the world with the ball.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    actually i have never seen R.Carlos trying to do everything by himself,he is one of the most unselfish players in the world with the ball.
    So you've never seen him take an over-ambitious shot when there's an open player staring him in the face?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

So you've never seen him take an over-ambitious shot when there's an open player staring him in the face?
    that was in his first years with Real,but in these past 2-3 seasons he rarely takes a shot on the goal(either than free kicks)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    that was in his first years with Real,but in these past 2-3 seasons he rarely takes a shot on the goal(either than free kicks)
    This season, in 17 games Roberto Carlos has scored two goals from 31 shots on target. That's shots on target, meaning shots that would have gone in but the keeper saved. Now try to tell me that Roberto Carlos gets more shots on target than off target. Surely he's taken plenty more shots that went flying into row Z of the stands

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

This season, in 17 games Roberto Carlos has scored two goals from 31 shots on target. That's shots on targetmeaning shots that would have gone in but the keeper saved Now try to tell me that Roberto Carlos gets more shots on target than off target . Surely he's taken plenty more shots that went flying into row Z of the stands
    no i didnt and i wont say that.

Fifa put R.Carlos in front of Zambro in their player rankings,same goes with France football magazine and UEFA.
    a minority of footballs experts prefer Zambro on R.Carlos.
    R.Carlos is one of the best 10 players in europe and in the world,the same doesnt go for Zambro who i dont think is even one of the best 15 players neither in europe nor in the world.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    no i didnt and i wont say that.

Fifa put R.Carlos in front of Zambro in their player rankings,same goes with France football magazine and UEFA.
    a minority of footballs experts prefer Zambro on R.Carlos.
    :LOL: People who vote for Fifa awards are football experts :howler: People who nominated Ronaldo and Zidane and excluded Nedved for the World Player of the Year award are football experts. People behind the ranking system that puts Mexico above England, and the United States above Germany, Denmark, and Ireland... are football experts :LOL:

Please don't insult football and use the FIFA defence...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

:LOL: People who vote for Fifa awards are football experts :howler: People who nominated Ronaldo and Zidane and excluded Nedved for the World Player of the Year award are football experts. People behind the ranking system that puts Mexico above England, and the United States above Germany, Denmark, and Ireland... are football experts :LOL:

Please don't insult football and use the FIFA defence...
    i'm not referring to the fifa as experts,i dont agree at all with Fifa too,but you cant deny that the people who vote for the Ballon d'or are experts.
    but i dont think its a big deal excluding Nedved from the best player in the world award,cuz probably the Fifa put more emphasis on NT performances.

PS:Nedved shouldnt be excluded from the nominees for the best player award,IMO the best 3 players in the world are Henry,Nedved and Zidane(in order)
    but the best players in europe IMO 1.Nedved,2.Henry,3.Maldini

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Fifa, France football and UEFA would probably put David Beckham first on any dream team sheet, as well as Figo, Zidane and Roberto Carlos. Regardless of their performance in the past few seasons. Awards and dream team things count for nothing. When they give out World Player awards and whatnot, they usually mean shite. When it's given to worthy candidates like Nedved, it's merely an acknowledgement of their achievements.

Awards don't make players any better

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    i'm not referring to the fifa as experts,i dont agree at all with Fifa too,but you cant deny that the people who vote for the Ballon d'or are experts
    Actually there were some pretty questionable inclusions and exclusions from the Ballon d'Or votes.

IMO the best 3 players in the world are Henry,Nedved and Zidane(in order)
    but the best players in europe IMO 1.Nedved,2.Henry,3.Maldini
    Ummm aren't Henry, Nedved and Zidane from Europe too?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Actually there were some pretty questionable inclusions and exclusions from the Ballon d'Or votes.
    In 1998, one national team coach voted Marco van Basten as World Player of the year, unfortunately unaware that he'd already retired. :cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

In 1998, one national team coach voted Marco van Basten as World Player of the year, unfortunately unaware that he'd already retired. :cool:
    :LOL: my point exactly freddy boy.

football experts indeed :sigh:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

:LOL: my point exactly freddy boy.

football experts indeed :sigh:
    the one who voted for Van Basten is a national team coach.
    he didnt vote for Ballon d'or,and i'm referring to ballon d'or voters as football experts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)