Uefa Jubilee - best 50 european players (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
2 more names have come up and they are at 24)Roberto Baggio and at 23) Bobby Moore
I bet from now on Mate stops looking at that website
Well I did say Baggio would be fortunate to get into top 10 , guess I was right

I am disapponted to see Laudrup at 25 though as he definitely should be higher as he was fantastic to watch and I am sure if he scored more goals he would be higher

The highest placed Italian, I am guessing would be Maldini but personally it should be Baresi, then again it might be Rossi

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Baggio at 24? Where is mate? :D

Brian Laudrup should indeed be higher up there. Not sure about highest placed Italian. Personally I've always been a bit of a fan of Vialli.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Baggio at 24? Where is mate? :D

Brian Laudrup should indeed be higher up there. Not sure about highest placed Italian. Personally I've always been a bit of a fan of Vialli.
I was refering to Michael not the fake version who did his best work at Rangers and spent 6 minutes at Chelsea:D

I would not be too surprised not to see Vialli's name at all on the list as I cannot see him being voted higher than Baggio

Looking thru the list theres only one player I had never heard of until I saw his name and thats Ivanov of Russia
The highest placed English man would surely be Bobby Charlton, if either Owen or Beckham is there , I would be hugely disappointed.

Dutch well it should be cruyff and I predict he would be in the top 3

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Looking thru the list theres only one player I had never heard of until I saw his name and thats Ivanov of Russia
I've heard of him by reputation only - a real bear of a defender, truely top class.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh sorry right! Michael Laudrup! I'm terrible with names :sigh:

You're right, Dennis. Vialli is not likely to be in there but if I had a say in it he would.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Number 22 David Beckham, well to say Beckham is better than Michael Laudrup, Baggio and Moore is amking a mockery of the whole thing imo

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
The Top 20 players without any specific order :

Franco Baresi; Franz Beckenbauer; George Best; Bobby Charlton; Johan Cruyff; Alfredo Di Stéfano; Eusébio; Ruud Gullit; Kevin Keegan; Paolo Maldini; Lothar Matth?us; Gerd Müller; Michel Platini; Ferenc Pusk?s; Paolo Rossi; Karl-Heinz Rummenigge; Marco van Basten; Lev Yashin; Zinedine Zidane; Dino Zoff.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Probably David Beckham :rolleyes:

Then again, I'm expecting slightly more from this list than the FIFA World Player of the Year award, because it's looking much more respectable at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)