U.S. Soccer (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just saw the Sportscenter piece on the accident, which was the first thing on the program. Of course, they didn't provide much detail, and neither did the dickhead Lalas who didn't say much besides, "Not having Davies playing in the WC is a major blow." :rolleyes2

Blow me, Alexi. We got a player in the hospital while you offer us your fantastic knowledge. :yuck:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of course, Sportscenter said they couldn't rule out he was the driver, even though sources close to the team have already said the police confirmed he was not.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What a fantastic late comeback from the boys in honor of Charlie. It can't change anything after the accident, but since they were playing for him, I'm so glad they equalized in dramatic fashion. Fantastic support by the crowd and the team for the cause and for Charlie. This is why I love this game.

One thing is for sure, Torres needs to start from now on. He's basically like our Xavi in midfield orchestrating passes and pulling the strings. As much as it may hurt Bob, he needs to bench his son, if not for his performances on the team recently, but because he isn't playing with his club. Bob used that fact against Freddy, so he needs to stop looking like a hypocrite. I like Mikey's passion and grit, but it only goes so far.

But hey, we won CONCACAF and finished above Mexico, so word up to us.

Howard - Great saves and could only do so much on the goals. Love the passion after the game. 7

DOLOmite - Not the best defensively, I think Spector is better, but did fine getting up the wing. 6

Onyewu - Beaten by Diaz on the first goal, looked pretty off today. Carried off on a stretcher after an awkward jump. 5.5

Bocanegra - Mediocre defensively on the ground, but at least he can clear aerial balls. Still like him on the left though. 6

Bornstein - Horrible first half, but then started to send some decent balls in during the second. Scored the tying goal, his first since his debut in the shirt. 6.5

Holden - Uncharacteristically shaky first 20 minutes, but then settled and put some good balls in. 6

Feilhaber - Completed nonexistent at both ends. I think he's better as a sub. 5

Bradley - Great poacher's goal but still, he is so two-faced during games. Puts in some good tackles then completely loses whatever comes near him. At least he got better as the game went on. 6

Donovan - Beautiful linkups with Jozy in the first half, basically our only attacks in the first 45. In the second he was lively as well, certainly our best midfielder. 6.5

Casey - Missed his chances today. He's very off and on, plus has clumsy first touches. Made a couple nice linkups though. 6

JOZY - Man on Fire. Seriously, he reminded me of Denzel in Mexico City going after his opponents, winning balls from defenders and beating everyone in sight on the dribble. He clearly wanted to win this for Charlie. I may have misread what he was saying, but after he missed an easy chance, I think he said, "I'm trying, Charlie." Jozy, the roommate, certainly was. 8

Robbie Rogers (My Daddy) - First time he touched the ball, whipped in a sick cross into Casey. Played very well throughout both on the dribble and sending the ball in. 6.5

Torres - Knows exactly what to do with the ball when he gets it, a step ahead of his opponents. Executes long balls very well and sees the field of play like a fighter pilot. He MUST start centrally in midfield. There is no freakin' question about it. 7

Cooper - Made some good moves and got involved late on. 6

Bob - Made some good subs today. Good job. 6

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Costa Rica really shot themselves in the foot with the time-wasting theatrics after they scored their second. It probably just pissed us off more, really.

All CONCACAF teams need to stop doing it, same thing with defending with 11 men after going up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)