U.S. Soccer (1 Viewer)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I want Turner to start anyway to be honest so I'm not too bothered by Steffen missing it, but surely he is better than Horvath? I think leaving out Brooks was a mistake though, and Pepi should be there as well.

But all we knew Berhalter was going to fuck it up anyway all things considered.

OP
Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5,268

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Based on this graphic, Argentina, Brazil, France and Portugal are the semi finalists - I don't think I agree on that.
    EA Sports had Brazil and Argentina in the final. I think one of them making it is pretty realistic. Pulisic having 5 goals is NOT realistic.

He should have 14!

- - - Updated - - -

It’s been >20 years that a USMNT coach has instilled confidence in me heading into a WC tourney. Lack of reasoning and Comments like this are a large reason why
    The comments just don't make sense at all. It's almost like they're just BS.

- - - Updated - - -

I would have included Steffen. Pefok hasn’t scored in a month while Wright has 9/12. I’d rather have Pepi over Ferreira to be honest. I don’t think it really matters if Beehalter keeps trying to play Tiki Taka.
    Perhaps he plans on playing Pulisic as a false 9. I'm seeing a lot of expected lineups with Aaronson starting on the bench, and that doesn't make sense to me either considering the form he's in.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Aiming to play mostly on the counter I guess? I think I would still feel better playing a natural striker who could hold up the ball better.
    Could be. I guess the good news is that we have our most skilled players in the attacking four. Bad news is as you said.

I could see Pulisic and Reyna interchanging a lot with Weah tucking inside for Dest. This might work against Wales at least. Wouldn't use this for England though.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Wow, this looks interesting. I actually kind of like this, but still worry about the goals.

Gio as a (false) 9?

Since Berhalter wants the focus wide with those fullbacks let's at least equip the team with some value in the middle. I don't like the options at 9 but here's an idea with Gio pushed up slightly further. We'll get rekkkkt on the counter regardless but might as well go down swinging.

1668739530026.png

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Gio as a (false) 9?

Since Berhalter wants the focus wide with those fullbacks let's at least equip the team with some value in the middle. I don't like the options at 9 but here's an idea with Gio pushed up slightly further. We'll get rekkkkt on the counter regardless but might as well go down swinging.

1668739530026.png
    Woah, that’s aggressive bro, but I could see Aaronson switching with Reyna in midfield. Then a combo of Pules - Somebody - Reyna up top. Aaronson has the work rate to play in midfield so it’s possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)