U-21 Euro 2007 (1 Viewer)

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
It's the same from my point of view , i too hardly got a clue about you, meaning about your and your neighboring country's. You have to live here and be affected by all the bullshit that happened last 15 years in this region to be able to understand just a bit of it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Ok, let's suppose you're right, but still that doesn't make Željezničar serbian club :faq1: That's a pure nonsense, than the same thing you can say for Dinamo if all serbs from Zagreb cheered for Dinamo. Those things are nothing than a pure speculations and a bunch of nonsense...

However it would be much easier if Markoni just asked me am I serb, it would be much easier to answer :D

So Markoni, I'm not a Serb even my father is, but my mather is Muslim and we are not religius and we are not giving any attention to thoose let's call it "markings". I mean you can call my father serb cuz of name but I think that Pope is more serb than my father :D

Cheers mates :pint:

P.S. If you wanna to know more just ask me ;)
No man, you got it all wrong because of my wrong expression... I don't want to mark nobody, I'm not chauvinist.:cool::pint:

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
I hope one of the last off-topic post:
If you have will to learn about Balkan you can watch movie Underground, directed by Emir Kusturica - two times winner of Cannes film festival (not one of my favorite directors, but great movie), or you can read some books that was written by Ivo Andric (Nobel Prize writer).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I hope one of the last off-topic post:
If you have will to learn about Balkan you can watch movie Underground, directed by Emir Kusturica (not one of my favorite directors, but great movie), or you can read some books that was written by Ivo Andric (Nobel Prize writer).
Already watched the movie, it is indeed a good movie. Great music as well from Bregovic!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Man, those parts of Europe are so difficult to understand when you're not from there. I just can't get it into my head who's who and where they are.

I think more attention should be directed to this in European high schools. Even in university we, even though we studied a lot of contemporany history, hardly learnt anything about those parts.
I'm sad to hear this part of Europe is ignored in WE universities. I'm a mediavist by my first diplomma and i'll be glad to help you if you're interested in this part of Europe in the middle ages.

Seven, did you hear about the Jirecek line ? The line that divided the influences of the Latin and Greek languages ?
Its very similar in this case, only that the line goes further north-west. The great schism of 1054, the penetrations of the Turks in 14th century, the fall of Constantinopole in 1453 and the history+ everyday life in the Ottoman empire, and also the history of Habsburg empire <something i think you already know more or less> are the basics you need to know to understand why there are differences between the people in this teritory. People that once were the same.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm sad to hear this part of Europe is ignored in WE universities. I'm a mediavist by my first diplomma and i'll be glad to help you if you're interested in this part of Europe in the middle ages.

Seven, did you hear about the Jirecek line ? The line that divided the influences of the Latin and Greek languages ?
Its very similar in this case, only that the line goes further north-west. The great schism of 1054, the penetrations of the Turks in 14th century, the fall of Constantinopole in 1453 and the history+ everyday life in the Ottoman empire, and also the history of Habsburg empire <something i think you already know more or less> are the basics you need to know to understand why there are differences between the people in this teritory. People that once were the same.
Well, I do understand those basics. That is, apart from everyday life in the Ottoman empire which I'm only familiar with on an elementary level. What I'm uncomfortable with is the fact people in WE universities will easily look at Eastern Europe as a region of minor importance. Even if you intend to study about Western European society, you should know something more than just the basics of how Eastern Europe has evolved.

It goes without saying that in contemporany history the role of America in the Cold War was stressed.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Congrats to the serbs. Too bad for Belgium.

Seven, I didn't see the game. What did you mean by De Sart's errors?
He only put Martens on 5 minutes before the end, at which point the Belgians were playing long balls. I don't think Martens even touched the ball. De Mul on the left was a mistake, even though Vanden Borre was great on the other side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)