U-21 Euro 2007 (1 Viewer)

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Just as I picked in the beginning of the U21 Euro: it's Netherlands-Serbia. Of course, my pick for a winner was, and still is, Serbia. So we'll see just how that plays out.

Oh man -- England should just forfeit and save the trouble whenever one of their NTs is involved in a PK shootout. Get on the bus and go home early. But what a stunning equalizer in that match. (Strange how you could see the body language of the penalty shooters just telegraph whether they were going to make the shot or not.)
:thumbs:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 13, 2007
I think italy stood a great chance of winning this championship , i guess they just has bad luck .
one thing i dont understand is why players that are 22-23 can play in an U 21 tournament ?

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
I think italy stood a great chance of winning this championship , i guess they just has bad luck .
one thing i dont understand is why players that are 22-23 can play in an U 21 tournament ?
No, I don't think so. Their key match was against England, they received two stupid goals and couldn't score more than two.
I guess 22-23 players add quality to the tournament.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
@goggo: I saw that you're fan of Želja, are you fan of Serbia too? I don't know how the things going on now in B&H.
Nah, I have no feelings towards Serbia and I support Željo cuz they are my hometow club, I mean it's Željezničar or Sarajevo and I always liked the first one and hated second...

No it was more than a bad luck, they didn't had any chemistry between them, and sometimes it look like every player is playing for himself like they al wan to prove themselfs and cuz of that team as a unit suffered most (I'm reffering to the players like Rosina, Rossi, Aquilani, Pazzini)

And to answer you question about players who are 22-23 yrs old. It's because they qualified for the tournament when they were under 21 and cuz of that they are able to play...

Jun 13, 2007
yes i agree they didnt play well this tournamentbut they do have names capable of producing much more than they did . take england for example : they lost in a bizzare penalty shootout to holland the team hosting this championship.
Italy outplayed england in the second half and managed to come back from two goals down . I also think if serbia played england in the first game instead of their last i italy probably would have been in the semi's and one step further to the finals .

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Rai considered the Casiraghi management issue important enough to include in the post match interviews, & he stays...well, maybe with a largely different squad the Azzurrini's continuing story will be happier. Overall Euro 2007 plus factors: I've cursed Palladino's previous bad finishing but tonight he showed us again that he also has the talent & skills to help build attacks & who better than Alex & Pavel at Juve to help him mature. Aquilani is another future possible for L'Azzurri, but Spalletti in the meantime needs to teach him that a direct shot on goal is not always the best free kick option! Motta & Criscito did their work, Montolivo too, & maybe Pazzini if he hadn't always had to play the Casiraghi lone striker role, might have done more. Rossi is a glory hunter who wants to do it all by himself & has a suspect temperament. If that can be controlled, he too can be a talent. Rosina, though not as much at fault as Rossi is a similar case. Pelle, despite the "Rigore Totti," I'm undecided on, and of course, Giorgio Chiellini has to be the star man. I've nothing to say about the rest which in fact says it all. To finish, thank goodness Italia did not come out of this empty handed!

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Nah, I have no feelings towards Serbia and I support Željo cuz they are my hometow club, I mean it's Željezničar or Sarajevo and I always liked the first one and hated second...
I know that in ex Yugoslavia Željezničar was Serbian club and Sarajevo Bosnian, that's why I asked you.

marko serbia

SerBianconero
May 30, 2007
Just as I picked in the beginning of the U21 Euro: it's Netherlands-Serbia. Of course, my pick for a winner was, and still is, Serbia. So we'll see just how that plays out.

Oh man -- England should just forfeit and save the trouble whenever one of their NTs is involved in a PK shootout. Get on the bus and go home early. But what a stunning equalizer in that match. (Strange how you could see the body language of the penalty shooters just telegraph whether they were going to make the shot or not.)

spot on.:agree:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Serbians from Sarajevo in our former country were all Željo fans. Thats why he asked you if you like Serbia.
He thought you might be Serbian ;)
Ok, let's suppose you're right, but still that doesn't make Željezničar serbian club :faq1: That's a pure nonsense, than the same thing you can say for Dinamo if all serbs from Zagreb cheered for Dinamo. Those things are nothing than a pure speculations and a bunch of nonsense...

However it would be much easier if Markoni just asked me am I serb, it would be much easier to answer :D

So Markoni, I'm not a Serb even my father is, but my mather is Muslim and we are not religius and we are not giving any attention to thoose let's call it "markings". I mean you can call my father serb cuz of name but I think that Pope is more serb than my father :D

Cheers mates :pint:

P.S. If you wanna to know more just ask me ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Man, those parts of Europe are so difficult to understand when you're not from there. I just can't get it into my head who's who and where they are.

I think more attention should be directed to this in European high schools. Even in university we, even though we studied a lot of contemporany history, hardly learnt anything about those parts.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Maybe, but it annoys me that most people in what we would assume to be western Europe, simply talk about it as Eastern Europe. In reality it would be something like Central and Southern Europe though. Not to mention the fact we hardly have a clue about the people who live there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)