TV rights for Serie B (3 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
looks like SportItalia also has the rights for Serie B

from SportItalia.com

Tutta la serie B, compresi playoff e playout, verrà trasmessa da Sportitalia. Chiuso l'accordo con la Lega Calcio. La firma poco prima delle 20 tra l'editore Tarak Ben Ammar e il presidente di Lega Antonio Matarrese.

Accordo fatto; Sportitalia ha acquisito per tutta la stagione i diritti di tutta la serie B sul digitale terrestre. Un investimento ingente che conferma la volontà dell"editore Tarak Ben Ammar di crescere insieme al campionato cadetto che quest"anno, con la promozione di Genoa e Napoli, e la retrocessione della Juventus, coinvolgerà non meno di 16 milioni di tifosi.

Già lo scorso anno Sportitalia aveva acquisito anticipi e posticipi di ogni singola giornata e le gare decisive di playoff e playout di fine stagione per tre anni: con questa ulteriore acquisizione tutte le partite, a cominciare dal primo anticipo di venerdì tra Arezzo e Mantova per proseguire con ben nove partite del sabato pomeriggio, tra quelle della prima giornata Rimini-Juventus, Vicenza-Genoa, Brescia-Piacenza e Modena-Verona e il posticipo tra Spezia e Cesena di lunedì sera, saranno irradiate sulla nostra piattaforma.

Soddisfazione da parte dei presidenti dei club che fino a ieri mattina non avevano neppure un'offerta collettiva per il proprio campionato e che nel pomeriggio avevano salutato con un certo entusiasmo la proposta di Sportitalia: "Che Sportitalia abbia sempre creduto nel progetto Serie B è chiaro già dallo scorso anno – aveva dichiarato in mattinata Antonio Matarrese, presidente di Lega Calcio – giusto e legittimo ricominciare con una trattativa che partisse da anticipi e posticipi".

Poi la voce di una possibile ulteriore trattativa con Sky, per la piattaforma digitale via satellite che aveva posticipato altre notizie fino al tardo pomeriggio. In serata l'annuncio che tutte le squadre di B avranno uno spazio decisamente ampio: Sportitalia infatti sta programmando non solo le dirette delle partite più importanti, ma anche tutta una serie di rubriche e di approfondimenti che coinvolgeranno fin da subito anche il nostro sito ufficiale Sportitalia.com

L'editore di Sportitalia Tarak Ben Ammar mostra soddisfazione per l'importante colpo messo a segno: "Sportitalia come mi auguravo ha acquisito la B sul digitale, abbiamo in esclusiva le partite di Juve e Genoa fuori casa". E poi, ci tiene a sottolineare: "Abbiamo in esclusiva playoff e i playout, che nessun’altro ha in ambito nazionale".

Buy on AliExpress.com

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Did anybody of you hear that juventus is making a juve-channel??? I red it on the newspapers. They want to show the training (they want to install cameras on the training ground) and interviews with players and such things.

Oct 3, 2004
Rami said:
Na I just had some problems with my internet provider.

Yes all on one card, I guess it depends on the dealer. Over here it seems like they like to stick together. Meaning that showtime dealers know Art dealers and vice versa, they kinda rub each other's back. I subscribed with Showtime and was like what about ART? the dealer said no problem I could call a friend of mine who works for ART and gets you the package.

In any case they are all sim cards and have numbers on them. Don't let them screw you over to get an extra 75 Dhs out of you. Just tell who ever you are subscribing with, that you have a card and this is its number.
Yeah, yesterday I bumped into a Lebanese sales exec for Showtime at a mall stand.

When I told him that my local cable providers said I needed a new card, he's like "No problem we can sort it out for you so that you get it all on one card, that's not an issue...the issue is, the only way you can resubscribe to Al Jazeera is thru Showtime, and nobody else." i.e. pay the 150/month fee.

However, I just want to double check with my local cable provider, and see if they can arrange something more feasible. Tomorrow I'm going there first thing in the morning (weekend today)...I start my new work Sunday wont have time to do anything after that.

I guess, I'll miss Week 1 of Serie B...:cry:

Will keep you posted...:p

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Vinman said:
you think that your the only ones ???:eyebrows:
Compared to where I live, Sweden, these prices are unacceptable. I can get a package of 50 channels and Canal plus for something around 35 € per month. I am not to pay anything as a start fee.

I guess you thought I live in the Arab world but you guessed right. Then again where I used to live, Lebanon, no one gets these ridiculously priced cables, but that's another story. I :toast: Lebanon's cable system :D

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Watch Juve on Eurosport

British Eurosport 2 will have live coverage of the opening weekend of the Serie B championship, including Juventus' match against Rimini tomorrow afternoon.

The Turin giants will be looking to get off to a strong start as they attempt to overhaul the 17-point deduction issued to them after the Calciopoli probe.

The channel will also be showing tonight’s game at Arezzo and Monday evening’s clash between Vicenza and Genoa.

Friday September 8
1945-2145 Live – Arezzo v Mantova [British Eurosport 2]

Saturday September 9
1500-1700 Live – Rimini v Juventus [British Eurosport 2]

Monday September 11
1945-2145 Live – Vicenza v Genoa [British Eurosport 2]

Channel 4

OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #232
    In the middle east:
    ART just called me for renewal and they told me that they have a package which includes:
    ART basic channels
    ART Champions (sport channles)
    Nile Drama
    Jazeera Sport +1 +2

For 780 Riyals a year = $208.

OP
    ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #233
    I can't find channels @ kooora.com next to tomorrow's Juve match???

Please help me out, that match is at 14:00 GMT.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    getinthereyoulittlebeauty
    eurosport are my saviour, and i get it free on my cable package, oh i think i am gonna dance a jig

OP
    ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #238
    Jeeks can we get the reception of eurosport2 through our hotbird satelite here in the middle east?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Dominic said:
    There is only one Eurosport 2 I think. The normal Eurosport only has different schedules in different countries.
    You are almost right. There are two Eurosport 2, one is normal and the other is Asia/Pacific.

ZAF, I have absolutely no idea.

ReBeL, Eurosport 2 IS free of you have the proper hardware.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Jeeks said:
    You are almost right. There are two Eurosport 2, one is normal and the other is Asia/Pacific.

ZAF, I have absolutely no idea.

ReBeL, Eurosport 2 IS free of you have the proper hardware.
    Thanks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)