Tuz NFL Fantasy Football (4 Viewers)

Waiver wire options

• Bidding system

• Worse performing teams have preference

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Man, I miss university. My coworkers always go on and on about how tough it was to study and that life is better now and they don't have to stress over exams..

I don't get that at all. University was just one extended holiday for me.
If you thought european uni was a holiday what would you call undergrad in the US lol

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If you thought european uni was a holiday what would you call undergrad in the US lol
Lol. Though in all fairness high school is tougher in the US. In Belgium you can always go to uni if you want to and have a high school degree (even if it's poor grades in a bad school). I'm not saying I never studied in high school, but I'm grateful I didn't have that kind of pressure at 15.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The ALC speaks the truth, for once :p

For, I would say a good majority of the undergrads, however, it's indeed a vacation.

I purposefully made my life a living hell back then :D

If you took ap classes in high-school you are set be it for engineering or it, especially if you went to a good high-school, sorry but undergrad in US is a joke even in ivy league schools

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
If you took ap classes in high-school you are set be it for engineering or it, especially if you went to a good high-school, sorry but undergrad in US is a joke even in ivy league schools
I didn't go to HS in the US. It was a very selective HS with an admission process similar to when you apply to UNI - qualifying exams and the whole shebang. Admission ratio was 1 in 75/80 (being serious here). Many of the things you would study in 1st and even 2nd year courses at US uni I had already covered in HS.
And yet, my undergrad life was hell, at least what most students would call it, by my own design.
The thing about US education that I like the most is that it gives you flexibility/choices, which is why I said what I said earlier.

In HS I had a set curriculum, no options or choices, just a 24/7 grind, which is the exact opposite of most HS in the US, from what I gather. The negative is that it could be a burn-out factory, if you can't keep up.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I didn't go to HS in the US. It was a very selective HS with an admission process similar to when you apply to UNI - qualifying exams and the whole shebang. Admission ratio was 1 in 75/80 (being serious here). Many of the things you would study in 1st and even 2nd year courses at US uni I had already covered in HS.
And yet, my undergrad life was hell, at least what most students would call it, by my own design.
The thing about US education that I like the most is that it gives you flexibility/choices, which is why I said what I said earlier.

In HS I had a set curriculum, no options or choices, just a 24/7 grind, which is the exact opposite of most HS in the US, from what I gather. The negative is that it could be a burn-out factory, if you can't keep up.
Some will also argue that the system you went through in high-school is like brain boot camp wwhich to this day still gets you through some things easier than others, both approaches have their merit but institutionalized education in general is just a measure of civil obedience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)