Tuz Meet Up in Cardiff (7 Viewers)

OP
piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #203
    Feeling like on the walkig dead set, blood marks everywhere in the city. :f
    Some part of things people lost yesterday.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    @piotrr @Bezzy (and all the other folks that were in Turin yesterday) glad you all are ok

I'm in Monterey, CA, and off the pier I can see whales. That will have to count.
    That's probably the best decision made by any Juve fan yesterday

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Well happy to be alive and only with minor injuries @Bianconero_Aus
    @Bezzy are you ok?

00082ecf1144134ca57f268f664ca062.jpg
    Feeling like on the walkig dead set, blood marks everywhere in the city. :f
    Some part of things people lost yesterday.

1264358ad603c80e2dcadcca0176c267.jpg
    c2fa907a856ad83925f751e290cf8877.jpg
    Holy crap. Glad everyone has made it out ok. That's horrible and I was so shocked to hear the news.

And thanks for representing.

@piotrr @Bezzy (and all the other folks that were in Turin yesterday) glad you all are ok

Sadly, I'm starting to feel that way.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    That was some scary shit. My brother and I made it out safely luckily. Now just trying to get home, hurting everywhere.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010

Yeah toke the first plane back home. I am happy I am alive but it was so scary. Really believed I would die

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    Thanks mate, It's absolute shocking that with Juve's history they don't take significant steps in protecting their fans. Outrageous.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Was in Turin for the bloodbath, sorry, Champions League final, wrote this on the day/night and how Juventus failed in their duty to safeguard fans.

http://thesetpieces.com/features/caught-turin-stampede/
    "Interesting" read.

I wonder what exactly the club's involvement with this event was. Not all that much, from the looks of it.

Which, sadly, woudn't be that much of a surprise. The club has always had a weird attitude towards fans (outside of the stadium).

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    "Interesting" read.

I wonder what exactly the club's involvement with this event was. Not all that much, from the looks of it.

Which, sadly, woudn't be that much of a surprise. The club has always had a weird attitude towards fans (outside of the stadium).
    It's changed my attitude towards the club that's for sure. I'll never be as dedicated as pre-June 3rd.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    I honestly don't think that this is the club's responsibility in any way. If anything, that's purely the city's fault.

And even here I feel as if there's not really much you can do bar banning such event more or less completely. The only fuck-up I've seen pointed out by anyone are the glass bottles, which is a fair point. However, even that would've "only" lessened the amount and severity of injuries, not the stampede itself.

I'm not an expert on these things by any means, and might be completely wrong. But so far I also haven't heard any qualified person speak about the concrete flaws of the way the event was set up, only vague accusations (bar the bottle thing).

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you're purely commenting on a lack of recognition on part of the club, you might be completely right here. But I don't see how Juve is responsible for what transpired there.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    I honestly don't think that this is the club's responsibility in any way. If anything, that's purely the city's fault.

And even here I feel as if there's not really much you can do bar banning such event more or less completely. The only $#@!-up I've seen pointed out by anyone are the glass bottles, which is a fair point. However, even that would've "only" lessened the amount and severity of injuries, not the stampede itself.

I'm not an expert on these things by any means, and might be completely wrong. But so far I also haven't heard any qualified person speak about the concrete flaws of the way the event was set up, only vague accusations (bar the bottle thing).

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you're purely commenting on a lack of recognition on part of the club, you might be completely right here. But I don't see how Juve is responsible for what transpired there.
    Both the club and the city are responsible.

You've not seen any qualified person speak about it? I was there and lived through it, the organisation from the city was shambolic. Anyone who was there would tell you the same thing, bordered on gross negligence.

Juventus should have opened the stadium up to the fans, Like Real done, hell even Inter done it in 2010. Some fans have told me the club didn't want to open the stadium because it would've cost them money, can't confirm or deny that. But there's no doubt they should have opened it up. There would've been no glass, no overcrowding, nobody would've got hurt.

With a club that has Heysel in its history, it's outrageous that Juventus don't do right by their fans. Even people trying to get tickets for the final (a separate issue entirely) was shambolic and amateurish.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Both the club and the city are responsible.

You've not seen any qualified person speak about it? I was there and lived through it, the organisation from the city was shambolic. Anyone who was there would tell you the same thing, bordered on gross negligence.

Juventus should have opened the stadium up to the fans, Like Real done, hell even Inter done it in 2010. Some fans have told me the club didn't want to open the stadium because it would've cost them money, can't confirm or deny that. But there's no doubt they should have opened it up. There would've been no glass, no overcrowding, nobody would've got hurt.

With a club that has Heysel in its history, it's outrageous that Juventus don't do right by their fans. Even people trying to get tickets for the final (a separate issue entirely) was shambolic and amateurish.
    Opening the stadium would have been cool, but I don't think that failing to do that makes them responsible for what happened at San Carlo - it's still a dick move if it really was purely down to financial reasons, but you couldn't realistically expect something like that.

And again, I wasn't there, and I'm not an expert in these matters. But could you give me an example as to why the organisation has been shambolic? Might sound condescending here, but it's an honest question. From what I've seen so far, even from other eyewitnesses (http://derstandard.at/2000058734713/Augenzeuge-auf-derPiazza-San-Carlo-Es-war-der-Horror, it's in German, sorry), there's nothing that could really be blamed on the authorities - apart from the mentioned glass bottles.

So as far as I see it, those things can simply happen at mass events.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)