Turning Mexican - AAAAAAAAARRIBA! (2 Viewers)

OP
adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #89
    The new Olympic team has a bunch of talented players, I'll try to make a resume of the most promising youngsters.

- - - Updated - - -

Raúl Manolo Gudiño Vega

Position: GK
    Place of birth: Guadalajara, Jalisco, México.
    Height: 1.95m
    Weight: 84kg
    Current club: F.C. Porto​

He's actually not the first choice of this national team, but he seems to have a lot of potential. He was the first keeper of the NT that got the second place in the 2013 U-17 world cup.

m_salcedo_576x324.jpg

Carlos Joel Salcedo Hernández

Position: CB
    Place of birth: Guadalajara, Jalisco, México.
    Height: 1.88m
    Weight: 77kg
    Current club: C.D. Guadalajara​

This guy is a beast, he has won the respect of everyone in México in less than a year. There was a lot of doubt around this guy since he came to Chivas from the MLS, and no one knew who he was. But he has rapidly won the hearts of every Chivas' fan with his performances.

raul-lopez.jpg

Raúl López Gómez

Position: RB, RM
    Place of birth: Zapopan, Jalisco, México.
    Height: 1.85m
    Weight: 70kg
    Current club: C.D. Guadalajara

Again, a great player. This guy came to Chivas after a succesful spell at Coras Tepic (the team Camoranesi used to coach). He used to play as a RM there or even as a CM, but since he came to this club he has been used mostly as a RB. He has great technique, magnific crosses and superb free kicks (as the one in the video).

- - - Updated - - -

soc_g_gutierrez_mb_1296x729.jpg

Erick Gabriel Gutiérrez Galaviz

Position: CM, CDM
    Place of birth: Los Mochis, Sinaloa, México
    Height: 1.76m
    Weight: 70kg
    Current club: Pachuca

Hirving Rodrigo Lozano Bahena

Position: LW
    Place of birth: México City, México
    Height: 1.74m
    Weight: 63kg
    Current club: Pachuca​

Itztli

'Curious'
    May 12, 2011
    Ah, Salcedo. I saw a few of his games while he was at Salt Lake, in terms of potential he was on of the better prospect in MLS. Glad to hear he's doing well. Although I don't like Chivas owner.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #91
    Yeah, he's pretty good. Mexican media says he has caught the eye of some European clubs, we'll see.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #94
    20160116172043.jpg

Orbelín Pineda Alvarado

Position: CM
    Place of birth: México City, México
    Height: 1.69m
    Weight: 63.8 kg
    Current club: C.D. Guadalajara

Orbelin is a box-to-box midfielder. He can run for days, I'm not exaggerating, recently Chivas has played a lot of games, and Orbelin has played in all of them, not every single minute, but at least a fair amount of time, not to mention he also was called to represent the National Team on a Friendly Match in Las Vegas.

28th January @ Querétaro
    1st of February @ Venados
    2nd of February vs Boca Juniors
    5th of February vs Santos
    8th of February vs Iceland
    11th of February @ Atlas

Not only he played (and he played fantastic on every match) all of those matches, he had to travel to Queretaro, to Mérida (south of México) and to Las Vegas. Physically, he's a beast.

But Orbelín is not just that, he's much more. He can recover the ball, he can score goals, he can dribble past opponents. He has a pretty nice technique, he can shoot from distance. The guy is just an all-round midfielder and to be fair he's the best player Chivas has right now, and has been almost since he came here about a year ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave to Europe this summer, but I believe he will stick around a little bit longer than that.

I may sound biased, but I think Juventus should really put an eye on this guy, he can be something special, more so than he is already for us, with the help of more experienced players he can develope the way he sees the game and really be a star for any team. He has that talent. And he's a pretty young guy, next month he'll turn 21, he has a lot of time to learn from maestros of the game to teach him to be one of them.

He's like a less defensively capable Vidal.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a video, all of this footage is from 2016, his first year at the club. #7 when playing with Chivas, #22 with México.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)