Turning Mexican - AAAAAAAAARRIBA! (4 Viewers)

DelPirlo

Dec 26, 2013
This Carlos Peña I talked about is continuing to impress. He scored two wonderful goals this last weekend, and in two matchdays he has 3 goals, being a central midfielder.

Here are some videos for you to know what kind of player he is, he without a doubt will impress at the next World Cup.

The good part of the last video starts around the fifth and a half minute, but I recommend for you to watch the whole video, that team really has an attractive style of gameplay.

DelPirlo

Dec 26, 2013
Really forward to seeing today the America vs leon. Hope Leon crush them, I'm a Guadalajara fan. And LOL, I didn't know that Layun's time at Atalanta was at the time of Conte's tenure there.

OP
adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #47

Jonathan Espericueta on loan to Villarreal B. One of the most promising WC U-17 winners of 2011. Along with Bueno, Fierro and Briseño.

DelPirlo

Dec 26, 2013

Jonathan Espericueta on loan to Villarreal B. One of the most promising WC U-17 winners of 2011. Along with Bueno, Fierro and Briseño.
    This guy is just pure class. I recommend for people to watch videos of Mexico in the 2011 u-17 WC, or in 2013 u-20 WC, specially in the latter's game vs Spain. He's a creative central midfielder, with a really good touch (maybe the best cornerkick shooter I've seen at such a young age). He mainly play at a midfield 2, but he has all the qualities to thrive either as a regista, as an "spaniard" interior (Xavi's role) or as a 8.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #49
    There was a lot of movement for mexicans on the past summer market and I feel like updating this.

Chicharito singed for Bayer Leverkusen on the last day of the market.
    Moreno signed for PSV after spending a couple of years at the Espanyol de Barcelona. He comes back to the Eredivisie after having already been an AZ player. PSV has now two mexican players on him and Andrés Guardado.
    Raúl Jiménez is now a Benfica player after an unsuccessful year at Atlético de Madrid.
    Miguel Layún and Jesús Manuel Corona aka Tecatito both signed for Porto, Layun is loaned from Watford and Corona signed a permanent deal after a successful spell at Twente.
    Diego Reyes has been loaned to Real Sociedad from Porto, he joins his compatriot Carlos Vela at the Spanish team.

And for the first time ever an European team fielded 3 mexican players at the same when Herrera, Corona and Layun were all playing for Porto last weekend.

Porto has now 6 mexican players in their books: Héctor Herrera, Jesús 'Tecatito' Corona, Govea (young midfielder), Gudiño (young GK), Layun and Reyes.

Corona made his debut for Porto this weekend and scored twice:

He's a very promising player, one of the most talented player México has to offer:

I feel like it has been a fantastic market for everyone. Almost every player is now in a team that is way more suited to their capabilities or that can give them a better exposure and further development. Chicharito will have more chances at Bayer and I think that he could become an starter there. Moreno and Guardado can lead PSV since they're fairly experienced players, they'll be key players for them. Jiménez will hopefully have a better spell at Benfica, aparently he has impressed the fans on his first couple of games. Corona will have huge exposure at Porto and if he developes as expected he could become a great player one day, I'm just not sure about Layun, I don't feel he has the quality needed to be playing there but I wish him well. Reyes is now a starter at Real Sociedad while at Porto he only had minutes at the B team, he can gain experience and be guided by Vela while he's there.

Ochoa is the only player I feel bad about, he stayed at Malaga where he has barely played.

The rest of the mexicans in Europe have stayed on their respective teams.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #50
    Happy 16th September

And no, American friends. El 5 de Mayo means no shit.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #54
    My office takes the day off on 5 de Mayo. :D

Viva Mexico, amigo.
    Yeah, of course it's an important day but not as they make it out to be up in the north. 15-16th Septembre and 20th November are the most important days in the history of our country.

Gracias, amigo! :weee:

Did you celebrated yesterday? :p

- - - Updated - - -

Nosotros :bandwagon:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Yeah, of course it's an important day but not as they make it out to be up in the north. 15-16th Septembre and 20th November are the most important days in the history of our country.

Gracias, amigo! :weee:

Did you celebrated yesterday? :p
    I did amigo. Went out with a friend, watched the fireworks, and hung out with my neighbors for a while. Good night, but the music never stopped so I didn't sleep much.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #57
    I did amigo. Went out with a friend, watched the fireworks, and hung out with my neighbors for a while. Good night, but the music never stopped so I didn't sleep much.
    Nice.

Yeah music never stops this day, and it's worse if you live near downtown, like I do. But since my house is up a "hill" it doesn't bothers me much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)