Turning Japanese (2 Viewers)

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #45
    Yeah, never really did much and was on a spiral to mediocrity, but seems to improved a massive amount.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #48
    Dude, just admit that was a Touché/Checkmate moment, you totally wiki'd that. :D
    :D It's pretty hard to forget African players, you can probably count those who played in Japan on one hand. In fact any foreigners who are not Brazilian or Korean stand out. As it is there are tight restrictions. If any of the imports flop it is bad news.

Acording to Cadena Ser, Juventus are interested in Sevilla's 20 year old Japanese forward Hiroshi Ibusuki.
    I mentioned him on the previous page, he's a huge striker. I can't say I've seen much of him, only 2 games for Japan youth and highlights of his Sevilla debut. He doesn't play like someone so tall, I suppose he is like a more mobile and less physical Zigic.

Jul 15, 2006
    :D It's pretty hard to forget African players, you can probably count those who played in Japan on one hand. In fact any foreigners who are not Brazilian or Korean stand out. As it is there are tight restrictions. If any of the imports flop it is bad news.
    This is true, have you seen Hulk there?

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #51
    Not so much because he was in J2 for most of his career, but obviously he was far too good for that level.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Hmm, IMO we should buy a Japanese player. After Inter got Nagatomo they've gotten a lot of support in japan.
    Who gives a fuck about that, I rather get them because they have interesting players, Kagawa and Sakai would be interesting players to get.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #53
    Yeah, if you want to exploit a market pick China or India. Japan has better players but a small population, although there is the advantage that fans always buy authentic shirts.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #56
    India? :lol: Do they even have any quality footballers there? Maybe we can get a celebrity chef from there or something :p
    Cricket is huge there but still a shitload of football fans. There are certainly none good enough to actually play, just a Dong Fangzhuo stunt.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #58

Akimi Barada 茨田陽生 - Kashiwa Reysol
    Position: CM (AM, RM)
    Height: 1.70m
    Weight: 58kg

I didn't know much about this guy until last season as he is only 20 now and Reysol were in J2 last season, but he was a key player in the team that won J2 and then J1 in 2011. Extremely clever player, his vision and passing range from deep or in the final third are good, and his general technique is pretty solid. He certainly doesn't look out of place in a team that can use many attacking outlets.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #59
    Urawa+Red+Diamonds+v+Nagoya+Grampus+J+League+F9AsZ8iAiFgm.jpg

Yosuke Kashiwagi 柏木 陽介 - Urawa Red Diamonds
    Position: CM (AM)
    Height: 1.75m
    Weight: 68kg

This guy is older and more experienced than many of the others I've posted, but still young and lots of room to improve. He's in and around the Japan squad, many people would even start him because of the tempo and vision he brings. He's entertaining to watch because of his funny gait and the way he seems to hold onto the ball when you think he is going to lose it. He should score more goals in my opinion, but his left foot is very nice shooting or passing from distance. In terms of drive and stamina he's a machine, often carrying the Urawa drive forward. I think he's only a step away from a move to Europe, he certainly needs to get out of that floundering Reds team.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #60
    5ae20264.jpg

Junya Tanaka 田中 順也 - Kashiwa Reysol
    Position: SS (CF, WF, AM)
    Height: 1.80m
    Weight: 75kg

He's one of the late university developers that are typical of the J-League, he's only been professional for two years but is on the verge of a national team call up. Cannon of a left foot shot, as you can see from the video. Still needs to take his chances a little better instead of going for speed. I've also seen him go with his right foot, which is not typical for a strong left footed player, so he shows versatility there. Pretty strong but still mobile and agile, good control that allows him to play in wide areas or deeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)