Turning Japanese (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Like Sakai and Kiyotake the most, for obvious reasons, Sakai has tons of potential to hit it big (seen two games of him, veeery dynamic), and Kiyotake reminds me a bit of Kagawa on that clip, except he can shoot...

Haraguchi is 3rd favourite simply because he is one insanely gunho aggressive runner. Jesus is he relentless mofo in some of those plays. Like a funny mixture of Olic, Pepe and Robben in some of his runs lol.

Little little Japanese Giovinco Ono looks nice (is the real Ono retired btw?), but that Yamada one is least impressive based on that clip, doesnt help his clip is from 1 game only (but checked others).

Btw Jay, who are your favourite Japanese players? Not just currently, in overall its still Nakamura for me hehe. In overall its him > Kagawa > Honda > Matsui > Endo > all of J-League players I never seen > Nakata :D

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #27
    Like Sakai and Kiyotake the most, for obvious reasons, Sakai has tons of potential to hit it big (seen two games of him, veeery dynamic), and Kiyotake reminds me a bit of Kagawa on that clip, except he can shoot...

Haraguchi is 3rd favourite simply because he is one insanely gunho aggressive runner. Jesus is he relentless mofo in some of those plays. Like a funny mixture of Olic, Pepe and Robben in some of his runs lol.

Little little Japanese Giovinco Ono looks nice (is the real Ono retired btw?), but that Yamada one is least impressive based on that clip, doesnt help his clip is from 1 game only (but checked others).

Btw Jay, who are your favourite Japanese players? Not just currently, in overall its still Nakamura for me hehe. In overall its him > Kagawa > Honda > Matsui > Endo > all of J-League players I never seen > Nakata :D
    Yeah Shinji Ono is at Shimizu S-Pulse, he's captain actually. Yamada doesn't have a good compilation clip like the rest (actually, the video is not from one of his better games), but he is one of the most raved about young players. You can probably guess that Japan have a ridiculous amount of attacking midfield players, but he is still considered a big hope.

Shunsuke is one of my favourites for sure, especially considering his past and present at Marinos, who are my team there. Other players I have always liked are Keiji Tamada, who should have had a better career, Jungo Fujimoto who plays for Nagoya Grampus, Endo you mentioned, he is like a Japanese Pirlo. Nagatomo was my favourite player from the current Japan team, every time I watched him I couldn't believe no one had picked him up from the J. League. Now he's at Merda it's not quite the same :D I like Matsui's strong running, and also Yuki Abe was a favourite when he was at JEF United.

The two players that I particularly rate who annoy me for not making a move to Europe are Tulio Tanaka and Yuji Nakazawa. Those two have shown over their international careers, particularly at the last two World Cups, that they are good, strong central defenders who could have played with ease in a strong league. Completely contrasting characters, Tulio has that mental Brazilian side to his game which doesn't often go down well in Japan. "Bomber" on the other hand is too laid back for his own good at times, he always did better for Japan than Marinos, as if the J. League was not a big enough test for him. Now both are the wrong side of 30 and basically cut from Zac's plans in place of younger and thus far inferior players. Those two were amongst the first Asian defenders who really could have stood out overseas.

---------- Post added 23.02.2012 at 09:44 ----------

blʘndu;3531309 said:
    kagawa > all...has usami played yet?
    I think he plays for their second team at the minute, he was tearing it up at least, but I'm not sure what standard that is.

This kid looked too good in the J. League, if he doesn't stay at Bayern he'll do well elsewhere.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Good post, know both those CBs from NT games, friendlies and WC games, like Tulio in particular, eye-catching defender in his relentless ways. Its weird neither left J-League, in general defenders dont seem to go abroad that much. Though worst most be attackers hehe, Japan really dont produce em much, who has gone abroad except Takahara and Okubo? Besides these two (and ze very underwelming Morimoto) Tamada you mentionned are pretty much only attackers I even know by name. That says alot about their attacking production, and what their main flaw is in NT games one seen.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #29
    Yes, it's a continual problem, although it is due to the way that players are produced and taught the game. There is a reason why there are so many good attacking midfielders and fullbacks, yet not so many good central defenders or strikers. They make players use both feet, technically proficient in dribbling and passing, plus the natural high stamina levels.

Lack of height isn't a real issue, there are enough tall players about, but the Japanese football mentality often goes against them and it even becomes a hindrance if they have physique over skill. Too often they are used as target men rather than goalscorers, there is a lack of players at an in-between level. Mike Havenaar has broken into the team now and taken the one 'big striker' role, but keep an eye out for Hiroshi Ibusuki who is owned by Sevilla. He is nearly 2m tall and could become a good weapon for his club and country. In terms of goalscorers Ryoichi Maeda has bloomed late and will be good for 2-3 years, but you can't plan around a 30 year old. Havenaar is still the best bet. It's like the old saying people had for the Portugal team, everyone wants to be the number 10 but no one number 9.

The latest batch of central defenders is some distance behind Nakazawa and Tulio for me. People even complained about those two not being switched on in unimportant matches, but really the likes of Konno, Yoshida, Makino and Kurihara could get burned hard in tough international games.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Sowwy. No have. Hihi :D

Next time I'm @ a Japanese wives party, I shall take pics ;)

---------- Post added 23.02.2012 at 18:50 ----------

Why do you dislike Nakata Os? I know he scored against us, but other than that, what reason do you have for disliking him? :D

We need a Japanese player in our ranks; the marketing potential, and exponential increase in number of fans will make it truly worthwhile :)

tyouto

catenaccio
    Aug 8, 2011
    Goddamn Jay your avatar :tuttosport:
    HQ please.
    really looks like athos :D

_________

japanese player? hmm i like them, but their individual skill are limited, their top notch just like average european/south american players, just look at nagatomo and morimoto (the first one i like him to go to juve after his stunning performance at asian cup before he go to merda, thanks God we don't hire him and get lichtsteiner instead)
    only few of them can turn out very good like nakata (why osman doesn't like him? :D), even nakamura too slow and to flabby although his left foot equal with pirlo's right foot, honda and kagawa not proved yet
    however they are playing good as a team at national team, i must admit that

and my favourite japanese player right now is tulio tanaka, even he is half brazilian :sigh:

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #34
    Zrs9v.png

Yuya Kubo 久保 裕也 - Kyoto Sanga
    Position: CF (SS, AM)
    Height: 1.78m
    Weight: 72kg

Speaking of striker hopes, I couldn't leave this guy out. He's only played at J2 level so far with a mediocre Sanga team, but in his debut season as a 17 year old high school student he finished with a scoring record of 10 in 30, albeit against a poor defensive standard. He has a nice array of dribbling skills, and is a good striker of the ball from a medium range. Physically he can more than hold his own, and he has enough mobility to play as the second striker or off the shoulder. His vision also means he can play in a deeper role. Finishing needs a bit of work but he's only a baby.

He's just been called into a full Japan experimental squad for the friendly this month, which is impressive for a J2 player his age. He certainly won't be in J2 for long, and with his talent could leap straight to Europe.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    Hey Jay! Where do you watch the J-League? I wanted to start watching it. Can you give me some links for stream please. Oh and great profiles for the japanese players!

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #36
    On tv it's on the British Eurosport 2 channel here, they do a highlight show and also show either a delayed or full match each week.

For example they are showing the first game of the 2012 season Kashiwa Reysol vs F.C. Tokyo on Monday morning, it is actually played the Saturday morning before: http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=j.league

The actual live games are mostly in the late morning for European time, so would be very late night/early morning in North America. You can see them on any of the good stream sites like sportlemon and lshunter.

Also keep an eye out for the highlights show Gambare! I don't know where you live but this is broadcast in many countries, I think FSC have it in the States.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    On tv it's on the British Eurosport 2 channel here, they do a highlight show and also show either a delayed or full match each week.

For example they are showing the first game of the 2012 season Kashiwa Reysol vs F.C. Tokyo on Monday morning, it is actually played the Saturday morning before: http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=j.league

The actual live games are mostly in the late morning for European time, so would be very late night/early morning in North America. You can see them on any of the good stream sites like sportlemon and lshunter.

Also keep an eye out for the highlights show Gambare! I don't know where you live but this is broadcast in many countries, I think FSC have it in the States.
    I actually live in Canada. I also usually watch all my football games via the Internet. I've had a hard time finding a site\stream where I can follow the J-league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)