Turkey To Get Banned From WC 2010? (was: Disgusting) (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Blatter is talking about banning Turkey from WC 2010 over this.

Sad, because Turkey was probably the most respectfully behaved squad at WC 2002.

Mar 6, 2005
Well, it wasn't that much better for us either.. I left the stadium hearing people scream into the megaphones, "People! People!!! Can't you see the cameras on you?" following a round of tossing anything they can over onto the stadium, including seats..

The players had a good lunge at the referee too.. Though he was a punk bitch and deserved it anyway..

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I would agree with that. Switzerland didn't come off as saints either in this one, and they're subject to review. I wonder what the repurcussions might be for them... they're talking about the possibility of something equivalent.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I would agree with that. Switzerland didn't come off as saints either in this one, and they're subject to review. I wonder what the repurcussions might be for them... they're talking about the possibility of something equivalent.
I have a better proposition.. Ban both of them for this coming WC, and let us go instead.. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If FIFA decides to ban Turkey from the 2010 World Cup because of this it will be another ridiculous decision by football's governing body...there has been such violence in the past by other nations that have only been punished with a mere slap on the wrist. Fine the Turkish FA, deduct points from future qualifying stages, but don't ban them outright FFS. It's not like this is Heysel all over again..

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I love watching that! even more better when it has nothing to do with my club or nation. Popcorn time cos its all over skysports news here on what old Blatter will do BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! Fair play guys!

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Blatter is talking about banning Turkey from WC 2010 over this.

Sad, because Turkey was probably the most respectfully behaved squad at WC 2002.
Wasn't that the year they kicked Rivaldo's balls or something ? :p

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Aside from being trivial (four people involved in a clip that took 30s in slo-mo?), there's nothing in there that suggests anything harsher than a fine and suspension for the players and staff involved. Is there any more detail on other incidents, or is this the entirity?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
you should see turkish tv channels how they cut the first part and started showing it when the swiss player (in red) rekicked the turkish assistant manager,and they commented it like "they (swiss) started it"..

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:howler: Do you know where Blatter's from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)