Tudor to Standard? (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
he plays for Standard doesnt he, in the very "competitive" Belgian league

hardly a comparison to Palermo, where Barzagli runs the back line
Well by my accounts you've probably only seen Onyewu play one match, so that doesn't exactly make you an expert on his abilities. Barzagli may be the better player at the moment, however Onyewu is younger and much less overrated, something that means we'd save money in our pocketbooks.

But nobody would want an American in Juve, would they? We don't know shit about this sport, do we Vinni.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
But nobody would want an American in Juve, would they? We don't know shit about this sport, do we Vinni.
That kind of thing really makes me laugh. To any European (feel free to travel over here and ask) Vinni is just about as American as it gets. All that "I have European roots" nonsense just makes you look silly.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Well by my accounts you've probably only seen Onyewu play one match, so that doesn't exactly make you an expert on his abilities. Barzagli may be the better player at the moment, however Onyewu is younger and much less overrated, something that means we'd save money in our pocketbooks.
point

OP
JuvePower

JuvePower

Jan 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #111
    It doenst mean he plays in our league, that he is shit,

players like Koller, Wilhelmsson, Kompany, Van Buyten, Balaban, the Ivorian players from Arsenal, Conceicao, Rapaic, Biglia, Bolanos,...

We all know that the Jupiler League has a long way ahaed, but we are improving step by step.

OP
    JuvePower

JuvePower

Jan 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #113
    Gent started building a couple of months ago, and I when it gets ready, ill get a season ticket :D, because its building on a nice squad, with several WC internationals (Azofeifa and Ruiz from Costa Rica, and Olufade from Togo, a real class player, scouting well done :), and they also got Alin Stoica. I live just a few km from the new stadium so no probs.

Anderlecht is making plans, they want to build a new 50,000 stadium, or expand the current stadium to 50,000. But there are safety problems when expanding the Constant Vande Stock stadium.

And Club Brugge, has also some plans on expansion, they are also designig a 50,000 people stadium to build in the smaller villages around the city, probably Loppem.

The stadiums of Charleroi, Standard, Anderlecht and FCB are build in English style and they have a capacity each of 30,000 spectators.

Did you know that De Cock is on the transfer list?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Yeah but they're getting a bit old, aren't they? We had some ageing stadiums in Holland (such as Groningen's Oosterpark) which were built in English style but new stadiums are being constructed (or have been/will be constructed) in Alkmaar, Groningen, Rotterdam (Feyenoord) and The Hague. Places like Heerenveen are updating their stadium, I think it's an important step if we want to maintain our status in European football and I think Belgium needs to take similar action.

I heard about the Anderlecht stadium, more specifically about the mayor who didn't love the idea. Hate that guy already :D

As for Brugge: building a stadium in Loppem just sounds plain stupid. Honestly.

I might go to Gent sometime to visit the new stadium, I'm kinda curious. Plus, I live in Middelburg so it's only a tunnel ticket away

OP
    JuvePower

JuvePower

Jan 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #115
    Yeah but they're getting a bit old, aren't they? We had some ageing stadiums in Holland (such as Groningen's Oosterpark) which were built in English style but new stadiums are being constructed (or have been/will be constructed) in Alkmaar, Groningen, Rotterdam (Feyenoord) and The Hague. Places like Heerenveen are updating their stadium, I think it's an important step if we want to maintain our status in European football and I think Belgium needs to take similar action.

I heard about the Anderlecht stadium, more specifically about the mayor who didn't love the idea. Hate that guy already :D

As for Brugge: building a stadium in Loppem just sounds plain stupid. Honestly.

I might go to Gent sometime to visit the new stadium, I'm kinda curious. Plus, I live in Middelburg so it's only a tunnel ticket away
    The stadions arent really old, the ones of FCB, Standard and Charleroi were renewed for Euro 2000, so they are quite modern, and the one of Anderlecht is quite new as well, I went their to see Anderlecht-Monchengladbach and I was really surprised.

A good thing about our football, is the investments of foreigners, like Mouscron will get 10 million € from a business man from Kazachstan, Standard may be sold for quite a sum to an American.

Erik, what do you think about a BeNe-liga? I wouldnt mind it all, it will be a competition that can compete with the French league, and there will be more money, TV-rights, sold-out stadiums....

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Erik, what do you think about a BeNe-liga? I wouldnt mind it all, it will be a competition that can compete with the French league, and there will be more money, TV-rights, sold-out stadiums....
    It's unlikely to happen: UEFA is very big on 'national leagues', they don't like the idea of smaller countries merging their leagues at all.

Personally, I wouldn't mind. I'm also a strong supporter of the Benelux concept, I think we should unite more in every aspect of life and not just football. But I'm from the South.

North of the Great Rivers, you won't find anyone who agrees with me barring perhaps the odd exception that confirms the rule. And if the Randstad isn't interested, it's not going to happen.

OP
    JuvePower

JuvePower

Jan 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #117
    It's quite a shame, if we can add Club Brugge, RSC Anderlecht, Standard de Liege, Racing Genk, AA Gent and Germinal Beerschot to your league.Together with Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, AZ, Utrecht,..

It can be a thrilling league, with 4 CL spots.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    It's quite a shame, if we can add Club Brugge, RSC Anderlecht, Standard de Liege, Racing Genk, AA Gent and Germinal Beerschot to your league.Together with Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, AZ, Utrecht,..

It can be a thrilling league, with 4 CL spots.
    Four CL spots? Who do you suggest we attack for that one? Spain, England or Italy? I say Italy, they're the most vulnerable right now :D

The only thing that worries me about a Beneliga is exactly that: we would probably only manage 3 CL berths, which is one less than we currently have. Plus, PSV would win the title every year for at least the next decade :lazy: so that leaves 2 CL berths for... Ajax/AZ/Anderlecht/Club Brugge? At least three of those can't do without CL money every season. Ajax missed out on the CL this season and they're already in financial trouble.

that sounds nice, but what with the other teams?
    you can't just put them all in second division...
    Oh why not, most of them stink anyway. And if they're really that good or big they'll gain promotion at some point, won't they?

juve-boy

Nov 20, 2005
    you've got a point there..But it would be very hard to gain promotion for belgian clubs because the dutch league has much more quality than the jupiler league..
    I think it would destroy the small clubs because they need the money from first division and if they lose that its over for them..
    But on the other hand it would be better for clubs like Brugge, Anderlecht,..They would have to reach a higher level to even make a chance to become champion and that would be a good thing for belgian football

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)