True Detective (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2006
He is alive according to a lot of people . Apparantly in the tv spots that HBO has shown there were scenes where he was present which weren't in the first 2 episodes . So the only way he is dead is if they either used scenes that didn't make it in the final cut of the movie for the spots (highly doubt it) or the scenes are a flashback of some kind which would be really weird . He is alive 100% .
It would be genius if they filmed faked scenes specifically for the trailer and he's really dead. But it will probably be some bullshit like he shot him with a beanbag or something. Even then a beanbag to the gut at close range could kill and would at least keep him on his back for a couple weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4993590 said:
from 0:50, yes you can stay alive but i bet it's soooooo painful
Several broken ribs, collapsed lung.. He would be really fucked up. He would be out of commission for a couple months at least,

Now, if he shot him with riot ammo like a bean bag... but why would he do that? Maybe if Vince sent him there to teach him a lesson after that last convo he had...

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It would be genius if they filmed faked scenes specifically for the trailer and he's really dead. But it will probably be some bullshit like he shot him with a beanbag or something. Even then a beanbag to the gut at close range could kill and would at least keep him on his back for a couple weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Several broken ribs, collapsed lung.. He would be really fucked up. He would be out of commission for a couple months at least,

Now, if he shot him with riot ammo like a bean bag... but why would he do that? Maybe if Vince sent him there to teach him a lesson after that last convo he had...
Nostradamus :delpiero:

Jul 10, 2006
icemaη;4999522 said:
Nostradamus :delpiero:
Ha! I just watched the episode. My eyes nearly rolled out of my head. stood over him and blasted him with the barrel two feet from his fucking gut and he's up and walking around later that night. No fucking way.

That's from distance. Imagine that from two feet away... :sergio:

Jul 10, 2006
Ok so maybe they hit him with the non lethal ammo because whoever is behind the murders doesn't want to bring even more heat by killing a cop. BUT, he's already killed a government official. And shotgunning a cop, even with riot ammo, is going to fire up every LEO in the state. It doesn't make sense.

Plot speculation ahead and link:

Vanity Fair wrote an interesting article speculating on where this is going. The story possibly heading towards a powerful Northern California secret society based on the real life "Bohemian Grove" outside of San Francisco.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...n-2-bohemian-grove-secret-society-guerneville

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Ok so maybe they hit him with the non lethal ammo because whoever is behind the murders doesn't want to bring even more heat by killing a cop. BUT, he's already killed a government official. And shotgunning a cop, even with riot ammo, is going to fire up every LEO in the state. It doesn't make sense.

Plot speculation ahead and link:

Vanity Fair wrote an interesting article speculating on where this is going. The story possibly heading towards a powerful Northern California secret society based on the real life "Bohemian Grove" outside of San Francisco.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...n-2-bohemian-grove-secret-society-guerneville
Talking about plot speculation , I have read on comments around the web that pizzolatto has mentioned james ellroy as a big inspiration for this and a lot of people have found a ton of similarities with his book "The Big Nowhere"

Jul 10, 2006
Talking about plot speculation , I have read on comments around the web that pizzolatto has mentioned james ellroy as a big inspiration for this and a lot of people have found a ton of similarities with his book "The Big Nowhere"
Never read that book. But I could see Ellroy being an influence.

This last episode had some David Lynch influence in it, especially the strange opening scene.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Nasty sloppy shoot out :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

Weak episode

- - - Updated - - -

Will Frank ever get his avocado trees by the end of the series :shifty: guess we'll see :D

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
The show has definetly lost quality , I am digging the character development , but the case in itself isn't very interesting imho . First season had a great mystery , in this one I am not finding the case captivating .

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This season sucks ass. Feels like a waste of time. The dialogue is so fucking ridiculous and cliche. It's trying way too hard and not in a good way.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Is he gay or not? Thought that horse was beat to death with a black dildo already.

I loved the shootout tho, think the season still has a decent chance of pulling it off, if they up their game soon.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Of course he is gay, just ashamed of it and doesn't want to realize it /accept it.

And yeah season is Meh. Finally some wtf action in the end with one of the most catastrophic raid operations I seen lol.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Of course he is gay, just ashamed of it and doesn't want to realize it /accept it.

And yeah season is Meh. Finally some wtf action in the end with one of the most catastrophic raid operations I seen lol.
But he seemed to enjoy getting a blowjob from his girlfriend and looking at how she acted it seemed like he did perform well in bed . I always thought that homosexuals weren't able to go to bed with women for pleasure . If I were in bed with a man I wouldn't manage to get hard even if they forced me too , and even if they gave me a pill to make it hard , I wouldn't enjoy it . I always thought that it was the same with homosexuals and the opposite sex .

Imho he is bisexual , but can't accept that he likes both .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Did we watch the same scene? He avoided her very direct horny advances by declining her and saying he will take a shower. Then he is in that shower for like an hour. She said so. Then when she finally goes down on him. He looks like he wouldn't give a fvck and had completely blank stare like was reliving some nightmare, he was out of it. I figured war scars/ptsd mentally fucking him at the time. But in after hand it showed it to be about clearly a closet gay guy forcing himself to get on with his gf (people who have been closeted for decades forcing themselves to be with women, nothing new) .

That was why she broke it off too, she said he seemed like he was totally disinterested in her. If he was Bi they wouldn't make a big deal out of his apathy towards her.

Not to mention the unconvincing face and desperation he proposed to her top was obvious that he was doing it to escape from the reality of his sexual nature and the fact that he acted out on it apalled him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)