Trofeo TIM 2007 (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Did you watch the very easy chance which was passed to him from Nedved after a great effort for pavel on the left wing?? It was just like "Score, you idiot!! You won't get easier" and he lost it.
When was that? I missed the first 15 mins or so of the Inter match so it's possible I didn't see it.

Again?? He was there because a specific number of players should have been taken to germany, and Lippi is not an angel and he makes errors too.
I was joking.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Such stupid posts in this thread.

I'm still waiting for something regarding wu-Tang, Stu. Who is known as the mentor of the whole group? And don't look it up, son.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You know nothing about Wu-Tang Clan. If you did, you could tell me which member is respected for his raps along with his pitch tones. Pitch as in voice variances.
You think playing against Freddy Adu and knowing about the Wu-Tang Clan makes you better than me?

Yeah probably.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You think playing against Freddy Adu and knowing about the Wu-Tang Clan makes you better than me?

Yeah probably.
I never said that, bro. But you called me a douche so I want to know why. You are one of my favorite posters at this place, as you know a hell a lot about football. I think you're a cool cat, as I have since 2004. I'm just trying to show you some damn good old school rap that is some of the best ever.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I never said that, bro. But you called me a douche so I want to know why. You are one of my favorite posters at this place, as you know a hell a lot about football. I think you're a cool cat, as I have since 2004. I'm just trying to show you some damn good old school rap that is some of the best ever.
I didn't mean it when I called you a douche :sad:

And I watched the youtube vid as soon as you linked me, douche.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Gnocchi and beer plz.
I made gnocchi tonight, and goddamnit, I fucked up. My parents still said it was good, but in my opinion it was not up to par. Not fluffy enough. But gnocchi is a very difficult dish to make, so i need more practice. My Chicken Parmesan was great, however. So was the beer.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I made gnocchi tonight, and goddamnit, I fucked up. My parents still said it was good, but in my opinion it was not up to par. Not fluffy enough. But gnocchi is a very difficult dish to make, so i need more practice. My Chicken Parmesan was great, however. So was the beer.
Raekwon inspired you to be a chef?

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Ok here is my TIM Cup review:
First of all lets start with the Inter game:
Formation: Buffon, Zebina, Andrade, Crischito, Chiellini, Salihamdizc, Almiron, Zanetti, Nedved, Del Piero, Iaquinta.
Defence: We were pretty good. I am really happy with the way we played. It looks like they are welding up together well. Andrade and Criscito were amazing together. On the sides, I was really impressed with Zebina. He played a very good game, one of his best in a long time. I hope his form continues. Chiellini gave his usual solid performance.

Midfield: The key to our formation is here.. And it is Zanetti. He is the player capable of putting the whole team together. With him as a DM our defence he filters ALOT and I mean ALOT of things off our defence line. His passing skills are very good and rarely takes chances or make mistakes. Made one slip but both Andrade and Criscito were there to cover. He really did stop almost all counter attacks or slow them down till the team returned back. For me he is the Man of the Tournament last night. Nedved did not look in form looked tired and lacked concentration. Almiron and salihamidizc were good. In general the mid field was creative and solild.
Offence: iaquinta continue on putting the big question mark on his performance. My only thoughts about thim are that either he still needs time to adapt to the teams formation and then he will explode. OR he will be another flop. So he's either going to be very good or extremely bad. He moved around the field, had some chances which one expect him to take better. His one touch plays looked interesting but needs more adaptation and understanding with the whole squad. Del Piero played well. as always his passes and ball possesion are amazing, let alone his skills. His fighting spirit looked good too. Not so worried about getting injured although got some nasty tackles. Was very creative. I still want him to concentrate more with the freekicks. All his corners were absilutely dangerous.

Against Milan:
Formation: Buffon, Grygera, Andrade, Criscito, Molinaro, Nocerino, Zanetti (Olivera), Nedved (Iaquinta), Almiron, Trezeguet, palladino
Defence: Andrade and Criscito gave the same performance as the inter game. Grygera looked lost. Did not participate alot in defending the centrally unlike Zebina in the first game. But he's excused new to the team and just recevored from an injury. Molinaro played alright. But it seems that currently our best choices are chiellini and Zebina.

Midfield: Was alright.. Solid but not as creative as the first game. The fact that Del Piero wasn't there really showed up in creativity. One Zanettli got off the field you can really notice that the one filtering the attacks of the other team is gone. All counter attacks reach to the defence or even the goalkeeper. Nedved was not very present with his creativity yet he gave solidity to our midfield. Nocerino was alright still needs more experience but has all the pontentials to be a great player. Olivera...... well..... Didn't do much.
Offence: Palladino lacks experience when put against the likes of Inter and Milan. Still needs to develop but hopefully will get there. Trezeguet tried but wasn't receiving alot fo feeds from the midfield. Iaquinta didn't do much.

C. Ranieri: His words are turning in reality slowly for that I show my respect. But it will come down to what he choses to be his first lineup. The team is welding up together well. We might not be as sparkling as AC Milan but we are sure up there with the big guns. It also appears that CR wanted another CB but the club budget was not enough to buy him a decent one, I respect the choice of sticking with what he has rather than buying a player who would be an aweful waste of money.
I think our best formation upto know is:
-------------------- Buffon
Zebina --- Andrade -- Criscito -- Chiellini
Salihamidizc -- Almiron -- Zanetti -- Nedved
------ Trezeguet ----- Del Piero

And when Camoranesi is ready, he should play in Salihamdizc position and either play Zebina as RB or Salihamdizc.

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
ZAF3000 is right.

but i would prefer hasan at RB to zebina.

hopefully nocerino can cover zanetti and be like "Gattuso + De Rossi"

still need cover for CB though.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Ok, so the Trofeo TIM 2007. We definitely outplayed Inter, albeit a second string Inter team, and deserved to win based on the run of play. However, despite our dominance we didn't really create anything clear cut. Iaquinta came close a few times but that was about it.

We weren't too bad against Milan either as we had a decent amount of possession and looked dangerous when we got Molinaro overlapping down the left and Palladino on the ball.

Players:

Buffon - I can't remember him having to make a real save against Inter during the 45 mins but he didn't get close to a single penalty. Make excuses for him if you want but this is a part of his game he can improve. Nice save from Kaka against Milan. 6

Zebina - Had a solid game overall. He tried to get forward when he could and there was a particularly good piece of covering to intercept a cross after Solari had burned Andrade. 6.5

Andrade - Not bad at all. He's strong in the air but I get the feeling a bit of pace could hurt him on the ground. I liked his performance against Milan though. 6.5

Criscito - Really growing into his role in the team. His positional play and tackling was very good, can't really remember him making a mistake. 7

Chiellini - Our best player against Inter imo. He was a rock at the back and reliable in possession of the ball too. His strength at the back is comforting and his ability to play more than one position is another positive. 7.5

Salihamidzic - Made some nice passes and helped out Zebina. Doesn't have the creativity or overall quality that Camoranesi brings but his work rate is impressive. 6.5

Almiron - Controlled the midfield with his passing against Inter. Was slightly less influential against Milan but he's clearly going to be a key player for us in the coming season. 6.5

Zanetti - One of our best players today. His effort and ball winning is key for us and his passing was good too. I like the partnership he's forming with Almiron. 7

Nedved - Quiet against Inter when we played 4-4-2, much better in the Milan match when we switched to 4-3-1-2. I was disappointed that he didn't get into shooting positions because we know how dangerous he can be. 6.5

Del Piero - A few nice touches and good passes but he didn't have a great impact on the game. Perfect penalty though. 6.5

Iaquinta - He tried hard and he was dangerous. People are bashing him but none of the chances he missed today were easy and unlike our other forwards he actual got into dangerous positions. Nice penalty. 6

Grygera - Wasn't really tested too much defensively. Got forward well but his crossing could've been better. 6

Molinaro - Had a tough time defending but looked positive when attacking. He definitely knows how to get forward and his running is encouraging. 6

Nocerino - Disappointing today. Didn't do much when he had the ball. 5

Trezeguet - Had a few touches but as a result of our lack of cutting edge no chances came his way. 5.5

Palladino - Our best striker today imo. He looked sharp throughout and his ball skills remind me of Del Piero's. Had a goal disallowed and another shot that went wide. We better not sell him or even loan him for that matter. 7

Olivera - Didn't look too bad in the time he was on. NR

Good ratings, I agree, except for Palladino's rating. I would have given him a (much) lower rating. As always, he looked good on the ball, but he does little to nothing concrete. His play lacks too much purpose and effenciency. Making nice turns and doing a few neat moves with the outside of the boot is nice and all, but goals and assists is what I want to see from him.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I think our best formation upto know is:
-------------------- Buffon
Zebina --- Andrade -- Criscito -- Chiellini
Salihamidizc -- Almiron -- Zanetti -- Nedved
------ Trezeguet ----- Del Piero

And when Camoranesi is ready, he should play in Salihamdizc position and either play Zebina as RB or Salihamdizc.
Indeed, this is our best possible line up we can up right now,
for many reasons, Zebina seems more fit than Grygera, i disagree for the use of Hasan as a RB, he isnt that solid in the defensive department and IMHO opinion, the defenders main priority should of been the defense, i mean if they dont do it who will??
I do trust Zebina and Grygera a little bit more at their defensive work as RB and they can occasionally help with the construction of our play, i cant see any reason to insist on using Biri at that position, i dont why CR does that regularly...

The CB is clear, we will eventually find a team/victim to offload Legro and mistake prone Boum boum will happily accept the sub role,
Zebina and Chiellini are far more useful on the wings and we shouldnt sacrifice their skills and play much lesser solution like Molinaro and Biri as starters just to raise the CB quality a bit, i mean Chiellini as LB >>> Molinaro as LB
while Chiellini as CB is just > than Criscito as CB, the overall quality of our defense is better if we use the best possible solution for every single place.

On the midfield we ve always had better results when having a real DM and a creative DM, so the twins Almiron/Tiago Zanetti/Nocerino should be paired and not mixed, Almiron ans Zanetti seem more exp/fit/adapted at the moment

As for the attack, the situation is clear, Trezequet will be our main target man both in 2 and in a 3 man attack, Zalayeta the main sub for this role and we still have 3 supporting forwards, plenty enough to use the trident once in a while...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why do you think something serious is going on? I'm taking it you've never heard of gastro. Basically you just vomit and shit all the time, truly disgusting. Lasts a couple days I think but after that you're pretty much fine you just need time to recover your strength.
If you vomit and shit all the time, you'll usually need a couple of weeks to truly recover. Now I'm thinking it's the 15th of August. Tiago hasn't been adapting too well. Competition starts the 25th. Is it me or does this not look good?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If you vomit and shit all the time, you'll usually need a couple of weeks to truly recover. Now I'm thinking it's the 15th of August. Tiago hasn't been adapting too well. Competition starts the 25th. Is it me or does this not look good?
I never wish injury on any Juve player, but Tiago being out may just benefit the team by giving us a more balanced midfield.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Beh, maybe. But look at it this way: it's better for Juve and Tiago to struggle in the first two to three matches and get better afterwards than it is for Tiago wasting his time on the bench and getting all insecure. If a player doesn't start playing well after a month or so, they usually don't recover within the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)