Trofeo TIM 2007 (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Beh, maybe. But look at it this way: it's better for Juve and Tiago to struggle in the first two to three matches and get better afterwards than it is for Tiago wasting his time on the bench and getting all insecure. If a player doesn't start playing well after a month or so, they usually don't recover within the season.
True, but maybe being ill and not playing will give him the time to adapt to Italy and so he will be ready to play better when he returns. Also it will be easier to adjust when the rest of the team is playing better.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 24, 2006
I never said anything differently. Tiago shouldn't play; I was joking earlier.

But YO, watch this shit, it's one of the best rap tracks ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMid7Qj39hk
Good work. Great album.. Been too long since I listened to some Wu.

Back on topic, I thought we looked pretty good despite results, equal to the sum of our parts at the moment which is more than most teams can say..

More quality in defense is really needed though and I am starting to fear that Iaquinta just won't make the step up.. But Nocerino looks awesome, maybe breakthrough player of our season.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andries is right, I have played while sick, specificly the flu. When you're out on the pitch you tend to forget about the the aches and the vomitting. But after the match, that's when you feel even worse.

And it's funny that this whole argument started because of my Illmatic statement.
Not that it really matters, but:

yes, you do indeed feel a bit worse afterwards. But playing while having the flu is definitely not bad for you. It's a virus. So whether you play or not really won't have an effect. You'll feel a bit bad for a few hours because well, you've problably been exhausting yourself.

I'm sure Tiago isn't feeling a bit blue because football players, especially when they're not meeting expectations, will always want to play. And like I said, if he's really that sick, you wonder if he's going to make it in time for the 25th.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I made gnocchi tonight, and goddamnit, I fucked up. My parents still said it was good, but in my opinion it was not up to par. Not fluffy enough. But gnocchi is a very difficult dish to make, so i need more practice. My Chicken Parmesan was great, however. So was the beer.
My secret to gnocchi is to gradually add the flour to the mashed potatoes & egg. Practice tells you when you have the correct consistency.

Some people mistakenly add the potatoes to the flour & then wonder why they've created bullets...

Even worse, there's those who use semolina! No self respecting cook or chef would...

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Beh, maybe. But look at it this way: it's better for Juve and Tiago to struggle in the first two to three matches and get better afterwards than it is for Tiago wasting his time on the bench and getting all insecure. If a player doesn't start playing well after a month or so, they usually don't recover within the season.
Our real problem is that we have more than one problem , we are working on all our lines, After our defense and attack lines become OK, CR can focus on Tiago, I think Tiago has to train hard and focus and wait for a chance

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
why not let tiago shit and vomit all over the pitch? this could cause the other team to cease playing while we score vital goals

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
My secret to gnocchi is to gradually add the flour to the mashed potatoes & egg. Practice tells you when you have the correct consistency.

Some people mistakenly add the potatoes to the flour & then wonder why they've created bullets...

Even worse, there's those who use semolina! No self respecting cook or chef would...
When I have tried to make gnocchi, which is on two occasions, I have let the mashed potatoes sit out to cool after I skinned them ASAP from boiling pot of water. That was the easy part. However, then I tossed the flour and egg over the patotoes, needing it into a single ball, but no matter what I did, the consistency of the ball was always sticky. And I know the golden rule of gnocchi... sticky dough is not a good sign. When we had dinner, my parents thought it was good, but I thought it wasn't anywhere near what I order in a traditional trattoria. I sort of thought it was far too potato-y. I'm not an Italian-American, however I love pasta. But some pasta is just so damn hard to make.

Could you give me a full description bro? (re-directed to the Recipes thread)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not that it really matters, but:

yes, you do indeed feel a bit worse afterwards. But playing while having the flu is definitely not bad for you. It's a virus. So whether you play or not really won't have an effect. You'll feel a bit bad for a few hours because well, you've problably been exhausting yourself.

I'm sure Tiago isn't feeling a bit blue because football players, especially when they're not meeting expectations, will always want to play. And like I said, if he's really that sick, you wonder if he's going to make it in time for the 25th.
You're preaching to the choir, Andries. I've played through several injuries and sicknesses, but if it's only a friendly, there's no reason to play through it.

In high school during summer training, I even played through heat exhaustion after running several miles in temperatures above 35 degrees Celsius. I was vomitting after a run, but I still continued on somehow, until I vomitted again and that's when my coach noticed it. FIFA bans stadia which are located in high elevations, but if they want to do something productive, they should ban matches in locations that have a heat indice over 110.

And if you don't know what the heat index is, ask me, I'm the forum meteorologist.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
real quick opinion about the tournament...

versus Inter-

I thought our defense was better than in other games, be it a second string Inter side or not.

As far as the offense went, I got sick of seeing us play long-balls...we gave it away every time. This team needs to concentrate on a shorter passing game using our speed as an advantage, we have the players and skill to do it

Iaquinta cannot hit the broadside of a barn with the ball...he sucks, and we wasted a ton of money

versus Milan-

I thought Milan controlled the entire 45 minutes, and I cannot remember hearing Trez's name once. We never got anything going, and Milan had several chances to make the scoreline much worse than 1-0. Gila undressed our defense (I didnt think he was offsides...too close to call) on his goal, and I wasn't too umpressed with any of our players in this game, besides Buffon.

Olivera should be on the next train out of Torino

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Pretty much agree Vin, but I thought Milan were only in control after they scored. I felt we were more dangerous and playing the better football until that point.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Pretty much agree Vin, but I thought Milan were only in control after they scored. I felt we were more dangerous and playing the better football until that point.
I thought they had better ball possession throughout, but it was only one half of football, hard to really get total control of a game in

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
like i said milan were fresher than us as we had already played 45 mins with most of the players that started against inter, on a 90 minutes, it would be a much closer tie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)