Trofeo Berlusconi 2007 - 17 August 2007 (2 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I dont care about the result. All i want is our players to stay healthy after the match because Milan players have a habit to injure our players during Trofeo Berlusconi.
In 2005 Kaka injured Gigi and we lost him for 6 months. Last year Inzaghi with a purpose injured Chiellini and we lost him for a month while Boumsong and Palladino were also injured and Deschamps was left short in defense and in attack for the next serie B matches.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I dont care about the result. All i want is our players to stay healthy after the match because Milan players have a habit to injure our players during Trofeo Berlusconi.
In 2005 Kaka injured Gigi and we lost him for 6 months. Last year Inzaghi with a purpose injured Chiellini and we lost him for a month while Boumsong and Palladino were also injured and Deschamps was left short in defense and in attack for the next serie B matches.
Injuries happen. It is part of sports, but I do think we should take some precautions. I would like to get a guage as to where we stand from this game. I would like Ranieri to set us up the way we will be for the season.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i was really hoping that we would have a full squad by this time or at least for this game as this is the last serious friendly we have for the season and could've been very good to have all the players under claudio's disposal so we would have an understanding of how the team is going to be on the opening day next weekend.

anyway at least meemo and andrade are so thats good, they can improve their understanding.Shame both zanetti, almiron and especially tiago and camo are out as i hoped the latter two would get a good run against quality opposition.

Will be interesting to see who will be at RB though

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Questi quindi i 20 convocati per la trasferta milanese.

Portieri: Buffon, Belardi, Novembre
Difensori: Andrade, Boumsong, Criscito, Grygera, Legrottaglie, Molinaro, Zebina
Centrocampisti: Almiron, Nedved, Nocerino, Olivera, Salihamidzic, Tiago
Attaccanti: Del Piero, Iaquinta, Palladino, Zalayeta

So , no Trezeguet, Camo, Zanetti and Chiellini

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Possible stream: -

http://www.myp2p.eu/Weekdays.htm

Friday 17th August

19:45 AC Milan - Juventus (Trofeo Berlusconi)

Almiron and Tiago are named in the squad, yet C-Ra says:-

[QUOTEC-Ra on Juventus.com] “Purtroppo abbiamo alcune defezioni. Mancheranno Chiellini, Trezeguet e Zanetti, tutti e tre hanno piccoli problemi ma non sono disponibili. Camoranesi? Sta lavorando, ma ha fatto appena il 10% del lavoro dei compagni. Inoltre anche Almiron ha qualche acciacco e Tiago non può essere al meglio. Sarà l’occasione per provare nuove soluzioni”.[/QUOTE]

I have a rough translation: -

Ranieri anticipates that he does not have a complete Juventus squad. "Unfortunately we have some injuries. Chiellini, Trezeguet and Zanetti, all three have small problems so they are not available. Camoranesi? He is training, but has made hardly 10% of the fitness of his companions. Moreover also Almiron has some ailment and Tiago is not better yet. It will be time to try new solutions ".

7WordsOrLess

Aug 14, 2007
Here's the English version of the article AngelaL posted...

Ranieri admits injury fear Thursday 16 August, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri faces an injury crisis ahead of Friday’s Berlusconi Trophy tie against Milan.

The Bianconeri face the Diavoli for the second time in three days having been beaten 1-0 in a 45-minute encounter in Tuesday evening's TIM Trophy.

While both sides will be determined to secure a confidence-boosting win in their final pre-season test, Ranieri admits his squad has been ravaged by injury.

“Sadly we have some absentees as Giorgio Chiellini, David Trezeguet and Cristiano Zanetti all have small injuries, Sergio Almiron has a niggle and Tiago Mendes isn’t at full fitness,” the ex-Parma tactician admitted.

“Mauro Camoranesi is working hard to recover, but he has only done 10 per cent of the work the others have. This will be a chance to find a new solution.

“The games that matter start against Livorno and then we must get three points, but this is important as it is a 90-minute game and it is our last before the season starts.”

Despite a resounding 5-2 victory over Roma last week, Ranieri acknowledges that the Old Lady have it all to do if they are to immediately compete for the Scudetto.

“In pre-season you can’t compare sides, but we know that we are still a long way off the top,” he stated. “The other giants are just regaining their stride, but we have to do double the work as we preparing and oiling the mechanism.”

Finally, the 55-year-old Roman took time to launch a stinging attack on French national Coach Raymond Domenech who claimed Italian football was marred by match-fixing.

“Domenech has never won anything, neither with the Under-21 side nor French senior side and yet he still talks,” Ranieri concluded. “Who is he to poke his nose into our affairs?” :agree:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footb...lia/aug16h.html

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Thanks!

Finally, the 55-year-old Roman took time to launch a stinging attack on French national Coach Raymond Domenech who claimed Italian football was marred by match-fixing.

“Domenech has never won anything, neither with the Under-21 side nor French senior side and yet he still talks,” Ranieri concluded. “Who is he to poke his nose into our affairs?” :agree:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footb...lia/aug16h.html
Heeheehee! Good for Ranieri!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Questi quindi i 20 convocati per la trasferta milanese.

Portieri: Buffon, Belardi, Novembre
Difensori: Andrade, Boumsong, Criscito, Grygera, Legrottaglie, Molinaro, Zebina
Centrocampisti: Almiron, Nedved, Nocerino, Olivera, Salihamidzic, Tiago
Attaccanti: Del Piero, Iaquinta, Palladino, Zalayeta

So , no Trezeguet, Camo, Zanetti and Chiellini
Zanetti's abscence is the worst as our midfield and defence are depending on him alot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)