Tricky dilemma... please help me! (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
if I were you I'd just keep quiet. When the girl has the upper hand on your best friend, he might be in denial when you tell him these things and would not accept it and things would be worse from there. She has more power than you do. So what I would advice you to do is just patiently wait until the truth reveals itself.

I have always been a strong believer in 'all good things comes to those who wait.' :D and since the girl is in the wrong here, sooner or later she'll be exposed, don't worry. only a matter of time.
I'm sorry sal but I don't really agree with that. If the guy is truly a friend and you care about him, you shouldn't wait until he inevitably gets hurt for him to find out. Even if he thinks irrationally and doesn't believe what he's hearing, isn't it worth it to at least speak the truth to him? If I were the 'friend' in this situation, I would want to be told, even if I don't believe it at the time

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
true. but I guess I'd rather wait for him to know himself rather than tell it to him only to get shouted at or something. I've read too many books where the truth hurts and when you speak it, you only get bashed for it and things go downhill from there. It's a risk I wouldn't take. After all, by the way this story is going, it does seem likely his friend would resort to the girlfriend and the girlfriend would probably turn things around and make the honest guy at fault.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm not trying to twist your words or anything, but let me get this straight :)

are you saying that it's not worth the risk of getting shouted at, and you'd rather see your friend get hurt further down the track when a tonne of bricks falls on him as he realises the horrible truth? Wouldn't you rather at least be told if you were the person in this situation?

btw is one of the people in your avatar you? :D

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    hmmm, but what i can see happening is that if i tell him the truth, he will get very angry and be in denail. Or he would just say i dont care, who cares about this. But still, the girl would just twist the storys around again, or he would stick up for her case because no one wants to admit they have lived a lie. And i would also get the friend who told me in bother. Or, if i dont tell him the truth, since their relationship seems so 'perfect', it will be a very long while until he finds out the truth. Perhaps he wont even search for it if you get what i mean, i mean, who wants to ruin happyness?

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    (just off topic very quickly) for poku, and anyone else who wants to see it, ive posted 2 new pics in the pictures of your life thread in the multimedia forums. It has something to do with what we talked about earlier in this thread;)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    :rofl: :LOL:

I have to admit that I don't like Guinness... Anyway, school started today, I left a bit early and bought 12bottles of Carlsberg (coz I got two cool pints with it... :D)

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #28
    ahhhh carlsberg... the beer of scandanavian kings!!:lick:

I also wanted to get some stella, but i couldnt find a store that sells them!

:down:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I'm sorry sal but I don't really agree with that. If the guy is truly a friend and you care about him, you shouldn't wait until he inevitably gets hurt for him to find out. Even if he thinks irrationally and doesn't believe what he's hearing, isn't it worth it to at least speak the truth to him? If I were the 'friend' in this situation, I would want to be told, even if I don't believe it at the time
    Friends come before girls. For example, one of my best friends, who goes to school with me, knows which girls are off limit for him as well as I know which are off limit to me. I have no problem telling him if I'm bothered with him being around a certain girl, and vice versa, and thats the way it should be.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Friends come before girls. For example, one of my best friends, who goes to school with me, knows which girls are off limit for him as well as I know which are off limit to me. I have no problem telling him if I'm bothered with him being around a certain girl, and vice versa, and thats the way it should be.
    yeah since you own the rights to them and all :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

I have to admit that I don't like Guinness... Anyway, school started today, I left a bit early and bought 12bottles of Carlsberg (coz I got two cool pints with it... :D)
    Whoa, it started TODAY?!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Hurry up and tell that prick who you think is your friend or who was formerly your friend the truth. It's going to be difficult and you may suffer some short term problems but what does that have to do with me? Bite the bullet and do what you've got to do, man. This sounds interesting and I wanna know how it turns out so... :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Respect, dawg :thumb:

Jan 7, 2004

:fero::fero:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    what are you trying to say donny?you know we can't understand your smilies more than we understand you trying to put 2 sentences together;)

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

i still have one more month before school starts :yuck:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)