Trezeguet to Manchester United? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
United target Trez

Press speculation in Italy is linking Manchester United with a renewed bid for Juventus striker David Trezeguet.

Reports claim the French striker's agents have met with officials from the Premiership club to discuss a possible move to Old Trafford.

United are still on the lookout for a striker to replace Ruud van Nistelrooy, who joined Real Madrid earlier in the summer.

However, with just four days to go before the transfer window closes, Sir Alex Ferguson was thought to have turned his attentions to bringing another midfielder to the club.

Trezeguet has been constantly linked with a move away from Juventus during the summer following their relegation to Serie B because of their part in the match-fixing scandal.

But the 28-year-old was expected to remain at the Stadio Delle Alpi after insisting he was happy at the club.

French champions Lyon are another side ready to make a fresh bid for the French striker.

The Ligue 1 outfit have money to spend after the sale of Mahamadou Diarra to Real Madrid and are thought to be readying an increased bid for Trezeguet.

Meanwhile, Trezeguet will miss Sunday's Coppa Italia match against Napoli because of injury.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=412537&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=United+target+Trez

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I hate the reds myself, seeing him go to them would certainly suck. However £27 mill+ and even ill be happy to pack his bags for him. The real question is how many players out there can really fit in trezeguets boot. IMO not many therefore it will take one heck of an offer for man utd to get him. Man utd may have been stupid enough to spend 18 mill for carick but I really doubt they have the balls to spend high amounts of trezeguet. All alex ferguson's life his been a tite git, and spend loads this season will certainly make not only him sweat but also the board behind him.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Azzurri7 said:
I'd accept the offer for 30m.

Noway Rabbijaan. Trez is priceless at this point in time. He's the difference between being in Serie A at the end of this this season despite a 17 point deficit. Or waiting another season till we start on a level playing field.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
baggio said:
Noway Rabbijaan. Trez is priceless at this point in time. He's the difference between being in Serie A at the end of this this season despite a 17 point deficit. Or waiting another season till we start on a level playing field.
:agree:

i dont think fergie is going to pay that much for trezi

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

money is not a issue. we sold enough to keep afloat already. keeping trez is a must. what would we do with another 25 mil? it's not like we can buy someone. better to extend trez's contract. fingers crossed.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
What was the point of selling RVN, a good finisher, just to replace him with another finisher? Furthermore, i doubt it would be more than 15 mil for Trezegol, since thats what they sold RVN for. Y sell a good proven finisher in the EPL for 15 mil, only to bring in another finisher who is more expensive? Doesn't make any sense.

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
Dont forget that Manu is still looking for Tevez too. I think that Manu will buy or Trez or Tevez. They cant let play Rooney togehter with Rossi or Saha. They will buy another striker that will make the same score that RVN has done. And i think that Trez is really similar to the Game of RVN...

So let us buy 14 mil for Huntelaar...
hmmm Del Piero-Huntelaar-Bojinov... hust 70 goals par season guaranted...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Shyne said:
What was the point of selling RVN, a good finisher, just to replace him with another finisher? Furthermore, i doubt it would be more than 15 mil for Trezegol, since thats what they sold RVN for. Y sell a good proven finisher in the EPL for 15 mil, only to bring in another finisher who is more expensive? Doesn't make any sense.
because rvn was killing the mood in the locker room and fergie quite simply had enough of him. ferguson doesn't take crap, remember beckham?

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
All the problems started once RVN started being benched towards the end of the season, mostly cause of the form of Saha who couldn't stop scoring.

Doesn't make any sense from an economical point of view, to sell a proven finisher in the EPL only to bring in a more expensive finisher from Italy.

Saha is injury prone, but since his time back he has been awesome. Rossi has been tearing up the reserves for Utd, and he should get a chance. Utd arent in dire need of a striker. They need a DM more than anything.

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005
you can't say if trez is better than carrick since they don't play on the same position/have the same roles on a team.. however you can say one has proven and the other has not ;)

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
plz no enough is enough

by the way if anyone is watching the real madrid game, it seems that we got the best out of emo deal :D . he is the weakest link in real.

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #39
    Gigli says Trez has some doubts about his future, but the club does not: Juventus is keeping Trezeguet.

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
    In the thing of Trezeguet its another thing to say: Trezeguet is now 29. He will play 1 or 2 Season in Serie B. He will loose his Place in the French NT because Domenech hate him. He has make true that Italy have won the WC. Now he say: Hey now i wanna make some money and change the Club. I have played a long time for Juve but i was cheated by the managment...So lets make some Money and then make finish with football. Juve has not anymore enough Money to make him a really important contract. And for Trez it will be the last important Contract for his career...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)