Trezeguet, crap or world class? (4 Viewers)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
Its not that I dont believe in him, its just that I see him for what he is. A world class player, not the best tho, that has never reached his full potential and that chokes.

This discussion is over :stuckup:
Oh Btw i just noticed that you dodged the Trezeguet argument by bringing Del Piero into topic, As i said before all of you have nothing to defend him or to prove that he is world class.

I didn't say anything part from what you said, just check Del piero is hero or choker thread and you will see that I admited that " He is an unlucky world class player who doesn't have the mentality of a star player "

you are not up to any Argument and that's disappointing IMO.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
If you look closer you'll see I too admitted that Treze isnt in the class of RVN, Makaay, or Raul, or Vieri, because, quite frankly, he's not. But I do think he's better than most of you would have it and that he's doing a good job in Juve.

Hell, I'd take RVN over Treze anyday.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
FOK man you are tough as rock!!!

NO one is saying that he is world class!!! but on the other hand he is not even near to be crap of the world.

He is a striker above the average players, with a more than good finishing and good positioning.

Tht is what you want to hear???

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

NO one is saying that he is world class!!! but on the other hand he is not even near to be crap of the world.

He is a striker above the average players, with a more than good finishing and good positioning.

Indeed :wallbang: That's what the 'supporters' have been saying all along. No $#!^ we'd take RVN or Ronaldo over Trez, because they're absolute class whereas Trez is just a good finisher. He's still a player to be feared though, because he can take opportunities that come to him in a split-second.

This will probably end the same as the DP discussion.. we've all come to a conclusion, but spend 10 pages of the thread just rephrasing what we already have...

bottom line: "Trez is not world class, and he doesn't work nearly as hard as he should, but he's a reliable goalscorer when he has the proper service"

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i think Trezeguet is as how much world class as a striker as del piero as a fantasista.. Del piero is not the best world class player but he still is and so do trezeguet... maybe you guy sre questioning his work ehics.. but i see that hee keep repeating it every match and that shows lippi dont have any problem with that... beside some shiddy player couldnt hold a top striker job at Juventus and a nation filled with great strikers like France couldnt he? IMO anyway...

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #168
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    bottom line: "Trez is not world class, and he doesn't work nearly as hard as he should, but he's a reliable goalscorer when he has the proper service"
    Then I suppose that the point is, "Do we need better than that?"

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Then I suppose that the point is, "Do we need better than that?"
    Good question. I think Trez is doing a good job at the moment, and it'd be unfair to get rid of him while he's producing the goods for us. Sure, it'd be great to see a creative player who works a bit harder than Trez, and I guess it's good for a team like Juve to have such a player. The point is, though, he's a good goalscorer, and with the kind of attacking formation we have, maybe that's all we need... maybe a player who wastes too much time dribbling and doing fancy tricks and not f$@king shooting would be a hindrance to our attack.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    There are clubs right now that are babbling to have trezeguet in their team, but here some want to just throw him away :rolleyes:

Of course there are players better than him, but right now, they are very very busy with their own clubs.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #172
    There are clubs right now that are babbling to have trezeguet in their team, but here some want to just throw him away :rolleyes:

Of course there are players better than him, but right now, they are very very busy with their own clubs.
    The point is that we could have had one of those better players, but we passed it up to keep Trezeguet, why?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Because the othe rteams will not sell those world class players so easily. And why we have to seel a player that ois always scoring.

Tha have no sense if you ask me.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

I'm with you Oded!
    People are just nuts. They're only playing him down cuz of the Champions League final. They forget that he had an amazing season (01/02) where he scored a total of 32 goals.

A scapegoat was needed after the game in Manchester, Trez was chosen and sadly people haven't been able to move on.

True, he didn't have the best season. But you can't blame him, cuz of the injuries he picked up.

GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!

I'll be happy to return to this thread when the season is over, and Trez is the topscorer in Serie A. You will eat your words guys!
    yeah it's all beacuse of the final! :( football fans are so stupid sometimes :rolleyes: if he had scored a goal in that final and we would win, everybody would kiss his shoes now and say he's our hero. but one game is not enough to know how good he is anyway!

One last question and i want you to answer honestly, do you think he is up there with the likes of Ronaldo, Raul, Vieri and RVN ??
    you realy want to know? :D
    yes I did think it 2 years ago, and i still think he can reach their level again.
    Trezeguet on form is a world class player and I won't give up :p :stuckup:
    if you look at last season, Trezeguet is nowhere near them, but the only difference is that i remember how he used to be and i'm not ungrateful as most of you!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++

you realy want to know? :D
    yes I did think it 2 years ago, and i still think he can reach their level again.
    Trezeguet on form is a world class player and I won't give up :p :stuckup:
    if you look at last season, Trezeguet is nowhere near them, but the only difference is that i remember how he used to be and i'm not ungrateful as most of you!
    well, trezeguet on from is the same guy, but just scoring lot of goals.

i dont remember trezegue being like van nistelroy or those guys, even on his best form.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Yeah that's my point, and as Ian said we can get better than that, so why don't we seek a better Overall striker. One who can dribble, support, pass and open up space, someone just like adriano, I know it's almost impossible to Buy him now, but we can search for someone just like him, i am sure we will find what we want.

well, I have to admit he is good when he is scoring regularly, as that's what we want. but when he doesn't do that, then we are in serious trouble as he has nothing to offer in exchange. Hope you can see my point.

Ian - who do you mean when you said "The point is that we could have had one of those better players, but we passed it up to keep Trezeguet, why?"

Signor

Jul 13, 2002

yes, Indeed :D

Good finishing and positioning :rolleyes: I guess he is abit lucky nothing more.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    If you look closer you'll see I too admitted that Treze isnt in the class of RVN, Makaay, or Raul, or Vieri, because, quite frankly, he's not. But I do think he's better than most of you would have it and that he's doing a good job in Juve.

Hell, I'd take RVN over Treze anyday.
    then why are you Damn stubborn, arguing about something that you know quite well and agreeing with. Dumbass :fero:

;):D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    i think you all like Inzaghi.. he is a more hardworking version of Trezeguet
    Hardly... maybe a tiny bit if at all...

++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++

yes, Indeed :D

Good finishing and positioning :rolleyes: I guess he is abit lucky nothing more.
    Having a player who can bring that much luck to the team is a good thing ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)