Trez form this season (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
Injuries are my only worry, although I must say he is showing signs of sharpness that I haven't seen for a while. Lets hope he does show us again why we bought him in the first place.
if trez gets into a rythym of match after match, we could have the trez of old, scoring anything thats remotely possible.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What has also impressed me thus far in this short season is what he's done away from the ball -- and his involvement in the offensive build-up -- besides his usual waiting for his 4 seconds of touch time per match.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
What has also impressed me thus far in this short season is what he's done away from the ball -- and his involvement in the offensive build-up -- besides his usual waiting for his 4 seconds of touch time per match.
well its improved from nothing to site of actually movement...which is brilliant in retrospect.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Trez celebrates Juve Century Wednesday 14 September, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet scored the 100th official goal of his Juventus career and had a very special dedication to make.

“I must thank all my teammates over these six years at Juventus and those who stuck by me during my injuries, as everyone contributed to my 100 goals. Federico Balzaretti became a father today and we will all dedicate this victory to his new born daughter.”

The ex-Torino defender was left in the stands after the emotional stress of the event left him with a sleepless night, but the Bianconeri still won their opening Champions League game in Belgium thanks to Trezeguet’s goal.

“I am very happy with the overall team performance,” he said after the 2-1 win away to Club Brugge. “Our first half was extraordinary and the second a bit more difficult.”

Trezeguet was expected to leave Turin in the summer, but remained to become the 13th most prolific Juve player of all time and is now setting his sights on another record.

“Now I have achieved my Century, the next target is to beat Michel Platini’s record of 104 goals and become a piece of this great club’s history.”

The former Monaco man then picked out his favourite moments from this historic hundred for the Bianconeri.

“For what it represents, the most important goal was the one that essentially won the Scudetto against Milan last season. The most unforgettable was my goal against Real Madrid in the 2003 Champions League semi-final, especially as I was coming back from a long injury.”

Pavel Nedved scored the other goal in Belgium and praised his teammate for achieving this record.

“We created plenty of opportunities, especially in the first half, and I really liked the performance. It was important to start well and it wasn’t easy, as I have always had problems in Belgium. Trezeguet is the kind of forward who only needs half a chance to score, so I’m sure he’ll hit another Century for Juventus.”

source: channel4.com

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
treze is on fire he is the 13 most prolific scorer with juve, 5 more goals and he will be 12th, btw how many has del piero got to score to become number 1?

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
yeye but he will surely have chance to play this season i mean he has all coppa italia games, and many to choose from league and champions im sure

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Oh I dunno about that, for all we know Zalayeta and Mutu might be ahead of him in the pecking order too, if that was the case we could well see Del Piero on less than a handful of occasions this season.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i'm not surprised he scored in every game so far but the last two goals, against empoli and brugge were really great. good anticipation, great run, and finish..wow!! i think he's improved a lot, he's more involved in the game, runs on the ball a lot more than usual. he and ibra really clicked together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)