Trap unveils ITALY SQUAD (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Keepers - Buffon, Peruzzi, Toldo

Defenders - F. Cannavaro, Favalli, Ferrari, Materazzi, Nesta, Oddo, Panucci, Zambrotta.

Midfielders - Camoranesi, Fiore, Gattuso, Perrotta, Pirlo, C. Zanetti

Strikers - Cassano, Corradi, Del Piero, Di Vaio, Totti, Vieri.

NO GILARDINO

Thanks Trap. :fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Looks pretty good to me. I think it's about as good as it can get. The only thing I would do to change it is replace Corradi with Gilardino.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
so its rather logic dont you think?...

teams for international tournament were decided after series and series of experiment matches. International managers only have handful of matches to test and train his players to his requierements.. so it is more secure for them to use only tried and tested players ... club and country are two different dimentions altogehter.. Gilardino have a breakthrough season with Parma, good, but it comes a season too late for EURO 2004 places.. he is the for the next generation ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
My starting line-up:

Buffon
Panucci - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Gattuso - Pirlo
Fiore - Totti - Del Piero
Vieri

If Trap decides to play 4-3-1-2:

Buffon
Panucci - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Gattuso - Pirlo - Fiore
Totti
Vieri - Del Piero

That team would be meant to duplicate the successes of Milan. Fiore would take on the Seedorf role, and Totti would be Italy's Kaka.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    About Gila.

He would have been a sub so it wouldn't have changed anything in the squad. Portugal took Tiago and Ronaldo and they played with the u-21 recently too.

Let's hope Vieri plays well and doesn't get injured.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    so its rather logic dont you think?...

teams for international tournament were decided after series and series of experiment matches. International managers only have handful of matches to test and train his players to his requierements.. so it is more secure for them to use only tried and tested players ... club and country are two different dimentions altogehter.. Gilardino have a breakthrough season with Parma, good, but it comes a season too late for EURO 2004 places.. he is the for the next generation ;)
    Gila is ready though. I think Trap has made a big mistake.

PS. I'm starting to feel sorry for Inzaghi because this was his last chance to win something with the Azzurri :down:

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    Trap is a hard head so I think he'll play this formation:

---------------Buffon-------------------
    Panucci-Nesta-Cannavaro-Zambrotta
    ----------Perrotta-Zanetti------------
    ----Camoranesi-Totti-Del Piero----
    ----------------Vieri--------------------

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Gila is ready though. I think Trap has made a big mistake.

PS. I'm starting to feel sorry for Inzaghi because this was his last chance to win something with the Azzurri :down:
    i think someone with the keep-eyed-on job in Italy during the summer needs alot more assurance than that ..;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
    why isnt micoli in the squad!!
    have u guys not noticed!! i mean corradi didnt do anythign this whole season and he takes corradi along!
    why micoli!!
    Micco doesn't deserve to be in the squad imo. Corradi was chosen ahead of him because he's Vieri's replacement - Mic can't replace Bobo. If he was to be taken ahead of someone it would have to be Cassano, and as arrogant as he is, he's still better than Miccoli.

Di Vaio is there and Micco is not because DV can play in DP's position on the left, or right upfront, so he's actually covering two positions at once. The only change I would make to Trap's squad is Gila in for Corradi.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
    btw i heard that this isnt the final list..
    He can change it until June 2nd if a player gets injured or something.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Trap is a hard head so I think he'll play this formation:

---------------Buffon-------------------
    Panucci-Nesta-Cannavaro-Zambrotta
    ----------Perotta-Zanetti------------
    ----Camoranesi-Totti-Del Piero----
    ----------------Vieri--------------------
    this would be my formation as well... although i would ocassionally start Fiore over Camoranesi ..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

this would be my formation as well... although i would ocassionally start Fiore over Camoranesi ..
    Occasionally? Fiore is so much better than Camo. he should be starting all the time, and Pirlo would have to be in my first team as well. Perrotta and Zanetti have been brilliant for Italy, I know, but look at what Pirlo has done this season and tell me if you don't think it merits a starting place.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    Trap unveils Italy squad
    Tuesday 18 May, 2004

Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni has named his squad for Euro 2004 but Pippo Inzaghi and Alberto Gilardino are missing.

The Milan ace, who recently had ankle surgery, has been left out after an injury plagued season at the San Siro.

There were calls for the Italian to be replaced by the Under-21 international Gilardino who has scored 23 League goals this term.

But Trap has decided to call in Juventus’ Marco Di Vaio as the sixth striker in the Azzurri party.

The rest of the squad is pretty much as was expected by most pundits even if defender Giuseppe Favalli has been drafted in ahead of midfielder Massimo Ambrosini.

Lazio’s Angelo Peruzzi is included as the third choice ‘keeper but there is no place for Brescia veteran Roberto Baggio.

Italy’s star men such as Gigi Buffon, Alessandro Nesta, Fabio Cannavaro, Francesco Totti, Alex Del Piero, Antonio Cassano and Christian Vieri are all in.

Trap will hold a Press conference at the Stadio Olimpico on Wednesday where he will comment on his squad selections.

Even if the tactician could make changes as he doesn’t have to name his squad to UEFA until June 2.

Squad: Buffon (Juventus), Peruzzi (Lazio), Toldo (Inter); Cannavaro (Inter), Favalli (Lazio), Ferrari (Parma), Materazzi (Inter), Nesta (Milan), Oddo (Lazio), Panucci (Roma), Zambrotta (Juventus); Camoranesi (Juventus), Fiore (Lazio), Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Chievo), Pirlo (Milan), Zanetti (Inter); Cassano (Roma), Corradi (Lazio), Del Piero (Juventus), Di Vaio (Juventus), Totti (Roma), Vieri (Inter).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)