Trap unveils ITALY SQUAD (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
There's just one thing I want to ask you guys: How the fvck can you say that Del Piero choked in 2002 when he only played 90 friggin minutes in the whole tournament?!?! I suppose you wanted him to score a goal and set up Vieri's hat-trick when he entered against Ecuador in the opener (even though the game was being played at a snail's pace and both sides were content with the result when DP came in), right? What more did you want from him against Mexico? He won a corner or two immediately after his introduction, terrorised the Mexican right back, and scored the equaliser. Still not enough? Finally he gets to start a game, this being against the Koreans. He didn't do an awful lot, but he wasn't exactly required to, was he? He was being played on the left again (out of position, mind you) but still managed to keep the Korean defenders on their toes and enjoyed some good link up play with Coco and Totti. When he was (ignorantly) replaced by Gattuso after an hour, we were ahead 1-0 and in cruise control. Despite all of this it's his fault that Italy were knocked out at the hands of Korea, right? Right? Please! Say he choked in '98 and 2000, but come on, be real about things - he didn't even play a full match in the 2002 World Cup.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

So how do you explain the fact that Del Piero still plays after choking in every tournament for ITaly?
but he does have a good qualifying round..... i think he deserve a place interntaionalwise, eventhough he is kinda fail for Juventus this season...

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
There's just one thing I want to ask you guys: How the fvck can you say that Del Piero choked in 2002 when he only played 90 friggin minutes in the whole tournament?!?! I suppose you wanted him to score a goal and set up Vieri's hat-trick when he entered against Ecuador in the opener (even though the game was being played at a snail's pace and both sides were content with the result when DP came in), right? What more did you want from him against Mexico? He won a corner or two immediately after his introduction, terrorised the Mexican right back, and scored the equaliser. Still not enough? Finally he gets to start a game, this being against the Koreans. He didn't do an awful lot, but he wasn't exactly required to, was he? He was being played on the left again (out of position, mind you) but still managed to keep the Korean defenders on their toes and enjoyed some good link up play with Coco and Totti. When he was (ignorantly) replaced by Gattuso after an hour, we were ahead 1-0 and in cruise control. Despite all of this it's his fault that Italy were knocked out at the hands of Korea, right? Right? Please! Say he choked in '98 and 2000, but come on, be real about things - he didn't even play a full match in the 2002 World Cup.
He is a choker...see WC 98, Euro 2000, CL Final 2003 for more evidence....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

He is a choker...see WC 98, Euro 2000, CL Final 2003 for more evidence....
I'm not denying the fact that Del Piero is a choker. He's my favourite player, he always has been and always will be, so naturally I pay closer attention to him than to other players, and I KNOW that he's a choker. That's what I hate most about him, BUT, he did NOT choke in WC 2002.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Oh the squad looks on one hand safe and handy and on the other hand bland and disappointing

If I was the manager, no way on earth would I have even considered Dv and especially Camoranesi and Panucci

Inzaghi should have been given ample time to prove his fitness and Gilardino definitely should have gone no questions asked at all

Vieri is in bad form, Dp is in bad shape

Cassano has finished the season in not soo good form

Totti cannot do it alone by any stretch of the imagination as its kinda different been Roma's demigod and playing for your country

I really fear for Italy but if they can get thier big players to perform then they ought to do well

In defence I cannot see pass Nesta and unfortunately Cannavaro has been poor for about 3 seasons now and has had a very poor one

Every one goes on about Moreno letting Italy down in 2002 but noone has mentioned how poor Materazzi and Iuliano were , well at least 1 of them aint going pity Materazzi recovered from injury and where the hell are the young defenders to challenge the old uns
How do you justify Favalli been there, why because not a single young defender is good enuff once you overlook the hype and look at substance

In midfield its kinda odd to have just about 6 midfielders and Camo
Fiore has to bring his good Lazio form to the dance not the indifferent one he brings to the Ni

With the exclusion of Inzaghi it means Trap would definitely play with his tried and trusted Dp, Totti and Vieri, meaning no place for Pirlo and Gatusso as we would definitely see Zan-Perotta

I am sorry that one of my faves Di Natalie wont be going

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Just Explain Me , for those who ARE attacking Del piero...

WHAT DO U WANT HIM TO DO WHEN HE DIDN'T PLAY 1 FULL MATCH IN WC 2002...what the fvck is Goin with u ALL !!!

He always Helped Italy to Qualify...He Saved Our Asses Against Mexico in 2002 , AND STILL AND STILL AND STILLL IT'S NOT ENOUGH for you Bastardsss??

Damn it !!!! Seems you Don't feel with the Player when he is Injured and when he's BACK....

Still no 1 can convince you all , Except him , WATCH the Euro !! and stop Talking BullSH!T about Del piero.... AND if You don't Like the idea he is with the NT , You can Support France or any Other teams....

Just i ask u 1 more thing : Don't forget that he Helped Italy's ASS TO QUALIFY ....Goal Against Wales from Free Kick .... Goal Againt Finland in italy also Freekick... Against Wales in Italy he also Scored with Wonderfull Game , also the Friendly with Germany he didn't score but he gave the assist ... and In finland he scored the 2nd Goal which was Really Important to the Blue Team..

WHAT DO U WANT MORE HAAAAA????

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Keepers - Buffon, Peruzzi, Toldo

Defenders - F. Cannavaro, Favalli, Ferrari, Materazzi, Nesta, Oddo, Panucci, Zambrotta.

Midfielders - Camoranesi, Fiore, Gattuso, Perrotta, Pirlo, C. Zanetti

Strikers - Cassano, Corradi, Del Piero, Di Vaio, Totti, Vieri.

NO GILARDINO

Thanks Trap. :fero:
So, everyone wants Gilardino!!!!

Well, I've seen this anger on Arabic boards too. Everybody seemed so fascinated by his talents, except Trap, I guess!!!

I wonder why he eliminated him???
He also eliminated Plizzuli (Roma) and preferred Peruzzi, who lacks fittness, I supposed.
There're also: Montella and Delvicchio (Roma), Miccolie (Juventuz), Carbone and Marcchionni (Parma)...etc, whom I suppose are better than some of those in HIS squad!!!

Whatever!!!
Do whatever you want Trap!!! It's your team, and they're your victoms...:cheesy:

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
only Trap knows why he makes those choices. He chooses Di Vaio and Corradi, yet a player who plays in the same formation Italia will use scores more as both those players combined will help the u-21 team. Just hope Gilagol tears it up at the u-21 and he develops quickly, as there is no great striker after Vieri. This may be Vieri's last big tournament!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)