Trap unveils ITALY SQUAD (1 Viewer)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Maresca's absence??

I'd like to add Miccoli, Gilardino and Maresca to that squad, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen :groan:
Maresca did not play enough under Lippi ... Trap also liked Ambrosini but he just did not play enough to warrant a call up.

As for Miccoli...it seemed to be that bringing Miccoli meant leaving Cassano at home and that wasn't going to happen.

Gilardino-Di Vaio...hard to say. It would have been interesting to see Gilardino become our Rossi or Schillaci as he was VERY HOT this season..but in typical fashion the National opted for a no-risk policy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Maresca's absence??

I'd like to add Miccoli, Gilardino and Maresca to that squad, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen :groan:
In the thread I made I mentioned Maresca's omission :)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #64
    Did you know that Gilardino was born the day Paolo Rossi scored 3 goals against Brazil in the 1982 Wold Cup?

WHY TRAP WHY????

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    people always argue that Pirlo and Gatusso have more pontetial, but i never seen them that good when they played for Italy.... potential are nothing if its not materealize.. if you dont get them out in the qualifyin, its no use to still gamble on them in the finals.. let the people who get the job done do their job.. in this case ,
    So how do you explain the fact that Del Piero still plays after choking in every tournament for ITaly?

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #70
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

So how do you explain the fact that Del Piero still plays after choking in every tournament for ITaly?
    Not EVERY game, come on. ;)

If he didn't score against Mexico(WC 2002) we wouldn't have passed the 1st round.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

Not EVERY game, come on. ;)

If he didn't score against Mexico(WC 2002) we wouldn't have passed the 1st round.
    Actually we would have because Equador came through against Croatia ...

all that hype and promise and one goal to show for it in the three tournaments? Christ we got more out of Casiraghi.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    Italians have basically settled with the fact that he as the Agnelli family's trophy can do no wrong and will have a place on the team whether he performs or not...any other player would have been shown the door. Back room politics go a long way.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #74
    We'll talk about choking when we see Vieri subbed for Corradi or Di Vaio. ;)

Didn't Vieri choke when he missed that open net againt Korea?
    I saw a couple of balls missed by Maldini and Panucci that caused us world cups and Euros. Don't get me wrong, I respect these guys but I'm tired of all the Del Piero bashing. I was one of them but let's move on.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #75
    Gilardino feels ignored
    Tuesday 18 May, 2004

No other Italian has scored as many League goals as Alberto Gilardino this season, but he reveals how he learned he wasn’t going to Euro 2004.

“I am relaxed, honestly,” said the 21-year-old hitman. “I learned about the fact I wasn’t called through the media, because nobody from the Federation bothered to call me.”

Many pundits believed the Parma man would receive a call-up for the senior Azzurri squad after he bagged 23 goals – just one shy of Capocannoniere Andriy Shevchenko – but Giovanni Trapattoni opted to stick with Marco Di Vaio instead.

“I really cannot deny that I am very disappointed and bitter about this,” he continued. “I can say I have no regrets, as I believe I’ve had a great season.”

The striker will now throw himself into winning another European Championship – the Under-21 tournament in May.

“If Trapattoni has made this decision, then he must have had his reasons and I can’t say anything about that. Now I will play with the Azzurrini and am convinced this will be a great adventure for all of us.”

Those 23 goals may not have earned him an Italy cap, but they have seen his price-tag go through the roof with Juventus, Inter and Real Madrid showing interest.

“It is too early to say what will happen,” said the former Piacenza forward. “I do know that there are several different clubs, both in Italy and abroad, who want me. Reading the newspapers nowadays brings a smile to my face.”

As the Tardini outfit is still struggling with financial problems, it is more than likely he’ll be sold in the summer.

“After the Under-21 Championships we will look at my future, but certainly not now. I won’t rule out good news from Parma, mind you.”

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    We'll talk about choking when we see Vieri subbed for Corradi or Di Vaio. ;)

Didn't Vieri choke when he missed that open net againt Korea?
    I saw a couple of balls missed by Maldini and caused us world cups and Euros. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but I'm tired of all the Del Piero bashing. I was one of them but let's move on.
    Dude do yourself a favor and don't compare APPLES with Oranges.

The things Vieri and Maldini have done for the National at Del Piero's age justify why the word CHOKE cannot be attached to them. Your talking about ONE game with Maldini .. a player who started playing for the national when most are in high school...a player who at 26 led Italy to the finals when Baresi was injured. ARE YOU INSANE?
    Vieri and one shot equates to Del Piero doing nothing in 98, 2000 and 2002?
    Del Piero was invisible in all those tournaments...

Unless he starts doing SOMETHING and contributing rather than wasting space I will bash him because I'm Italian and I want to see the team succeed.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #77
    So don't respect my opinion. I don't care. I won't talk about the injuries he had and all this stuff. Yeah, del piero sucked in these tournaments but the others mistakes certainly didn't help the team.

Even if DP had a broken leg they play him. That doesn't help when you play injured. Personnaly, when I saw him perform this year I said why not put Miccoli in the starting 11 with Juve. I'm not the coach.

Blame the ones who put him on the pitch.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    What in God's name are you talking about?

Your opinion??

You basically said: Maldini missed a few crosses...Vieri missed a goal so its irrelevant if Del Piero never did a damn thing in 3 tournaments because he was injured....really?? what was wrong with him in 2002? What was wrong with him in 98??

If he was injured why didn't they just keep him home like Inzaghi??? Of course NOT because he is Del Piero and even if we have players like Gilardino or Baggio who are DYING for a spot we have to give it to ALEX because the other 3 opportunities he got..even though he did SQUAT there was always an excuse.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #79
    You answered that question in one of your posts.

I may have used the word injured but not in form would be more appropriate.

Giumri

May 19, 2004
    Baggio deserves a call up. If Totti does not perform (as he sometimes tends to get intimidated if double-teamed or roughed up), then Baggio could come in and instill some life for the last 30 min. of a match. Big mistake by Crap, I mean Trap. DP? No Gila? It is going to be all defense, and one big mess. Oh well, let's see what happens at the World Cup . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)