transfer talk outside Juve... (4 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
MUTU TO CHELSEA

Parma have confirmed Adrian Mutu will join Chelsea in a £15.8m deal.

"We can confirm that, in accordance with the players' wishes, Parma have agreed to sell Mutu to Chelsea," read an official statement.

The reports had already emerged earlier this evening when his agent announced an agreement.

“Parma have yet to announce it officially,” Andrea Pretti told ‘Calciomercato.com, “but I can confirm that the negotiations have been completed.”

There were rumours surrounding Chelsea’s interest in the Romanian international this week, but the deal appears to have been agreed very quickly.

The Gialloblu had set a £20m price-tag for the player earlier this summer, although Lazio and Juventus hoped to bring that figure down to around £13m.

The Romanian international did not travel with the squad for today's 1-0 friendly defeat at Southampton.

Mutu scored 18 goals in Serie A last season and has recently been made captain of the Stadio Tardini squad.

It was quite an achievement considering he only joined from Verona last summer for £4m.

However, Parma were more than willing to let go of the support striker if a purely cash bid was provided.

After Juan Sebastian Veron and a failed bid to capture Christian Vieri, Roman Abramovich seems to have found a forward for his Chelsea squad.

Now Parma must find a replacement and the main target is Empoli's Italian international Antonio Di Natale.

From Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
LAZIO LINE UP ETO'O BID

Lazio are lining up a £7.3m bid for Real Majorca's Cameroon international Samuel Eto'o.

The Biancocelesti are forced to look for other alternatives after Adrian Mutu agreed a switch to Chelsea, while Hidetoshi Nakata is yet to decide on his future with Parma.

According to reports coming from Spain, Coach Roberto Mancini has set his sights squarely on Eto’o.
The young and powerful forward is a target for several clubs, including Valencia, but the Serie A outfit have the upper hand.

Gaizka Mendieta would be offered as part of the deal along with perhaps winger Lucas Castroman and former Chievo midfielder Christian Manfredini.

Manfredini spent the season on loan at Osasuna and would relish a return to La Liga for Real Majorca.

Lazio have spare cash at hand due to the collapse of the triple bid for Udinese stars David Pizarro, Martin Jorgensen and Alberto.

A new striker is needed at the Stadio Olimpico following Enrico Chiesa’s switch to newly promoted Siena.

INTER REVIVE PIZARRO INTEREST

Inter’s disappointing pre-season performances have seen them revive their interest in David Pizarro.

The Chilean midfielder has been linked with Hector Cuper’s side for several months, but Lazio and Juventus seemed far closer to clinching a deal.

Now that Udinese have officially ended negotiations with the Biancocelesti and Juve have reined in their interest, this gives Inter the upper hand.

Cuper has requested another midfielder following the 2-1 defeat to Juventus and 1-1 draw with Sampdoria in Friday’s Moretti Tournament.

It is hoped that Pizarro can give order and help dictate the tempo to the team. Meanwhile, captain Javier Zanetti has tried to reassure the fans.

“We hope to do better in the future,” he said after the latest friendly setback. “We aren’t at the top of our game just yet, but we have time to improve before the season begins.”

MILAN MUST RAISE KAKA BID

Despite reports of an agreed switch, Kaka’s Brazilian club is pressing Milan for more money.

“I was surprised by what was written in the Italian press,” explained Sao Paolo President Marcelo Portugal Gouvea.

There were claims in several newspapers that Milan and the Brazilians had sealed a £6.6m fee for the prodigy.

“I am currently awaiting a meeting with Leonardo and director Ariedo Braida with a proposal of £7.8m, not £6.6m.”

The meeting is planned for Monday and Kaka has made it clear he wishes to start this European experience with the Rossoneri.

“If this is the case,” he concluded, “then it will be a far better bid than made previously and the possibility of a deal improves.”

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
PARMA SEEKING MUTU SUCCESSOR

Parma have drawn up a list of players who can replace Chelsea-bound Adrian Mutu this season, including Alvaro Recoba.

The Romanian international had only been named captain of the squad this week, but the club bowed to the £15m offer from Chelsea.

“An important bid came in and we couldn’t refuse it,” explained Coach Cesare Prandelli.

“Talks were already at an advanced stage on Friday and the player asked to be released. Our hands were tied. I’m sure Mutu will make his mark at Chelsea.”

Now the search is on for his successor and there are several names already being mentioned.

The latest target is Inter star Alvaro Recoba, who would move on loan to reunite him with Nerazzurri-owned striker Adriano.

The Uruguayan is unpopular with fans and has found it difficult to slot into Hector Cuper’s favoured 4-4-2 system.

Recoba has also been linked with a loan switch to Sampdoria or a £10m move to Manchester United, as Inter are eager to get him off their wage bill.

Other options for Parma include Empoli’s Italian international Antonio Di Natale, who only recently extended his contract with the Tuscan outfit.

Modena’s Diomansy Kamara is a cheaper alternative, while one of the favourites remains Milan striker Jon Dahl Tomasson.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
Tomasson won't be able to replace Mutu, as they have completely different playing styles. Tomasson is an opportunist, a striker, who waits for passes and tries to obtain something from them. Mutu is the one who actually creates the phases for the strikers to score.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
SAMUEL IN NEW REAL LINK

Walter Samuel is again being linked with a move to Real Madrid after the Spaniards admitted they need a new defender.

The Roma man has been associated with the Spanish giants for the last two years and boss Carlos Queiroz could be lining up a fresh bid.

"A Ferrari can’t drive without any wheels," said the Portuguese tactician. "There are at least ten players that we could target."

Real have been criticised in the past year for their ineffective defensive displays where Ivan Helguera and the now departed Fernando Hierro have often been caught out.

However, the Italian side have regularly claimed that the Argentine is one of a number of players that are not for sale at any price.

It is believed that other options for Real include Auxerre stopper Philippe Mexes, Christoph Metzelder of Borussia Dortmund and Nantes’ Mario Yepes.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
AIK signed Derek Boateng from Panathinaikos. He scored two goals against Manchester United and was a big talent. Now they bought him pretty cheap he once costed 8 million $. Anyone who has seen this man in action?

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Bolton sign Brazilian striker Jardel

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce has claimed that the signing of Mario Jardel is a signal of the club's ambition.

The former Golden Boot winner has agreed a two-year deal, subject to him passing a medical.

Jardel, who was released by Sporting Lisbon in the summer, could now face Manchester United at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Allardyce is thrilled to have him on board.

'Signing a player of Jardel's calibre and class underlines our determination to progress in the Premier League,' he told www.bwfc.co.uk.

'He has an excellent track record in European football and I am confident he can resurrect his career here.

'His goals-to-game ratio is second to none anywhere in the world. We have found a striker who is going to score on a regular basis.

'I am looking forward to seeing him link up with the rest of the players.'

The Brazilian won the Golden Boot two years ago scoring 42 goals as Sporting secured the title.

Jardel comes with a proven pedigree. Before joining Sporting, he wore the colours of Porto and scored 150 goals in 146 games.

Even though he was born in Brazil he has a Portuguese passport, so a work permit is not required.

Jardel will link up at the Reebok with other big-name players like Jay-Jay Okocha and Youri Djorkaeff.

Allardyce said: 'To bring in a striker of Jardel's quality takes time.

'We have been very patient in trying to recruit the ideal player to bolster our squad.

'It shows our great determination through long and protracted negotiations.'

Jardel admits he is looking to revive his career in England. 'This is the opportunity I need to resurrect my career,' he said.

'I still have the ability to score a lot goals. I want to become a hero in Bolton and a success in the Premier League.

'Bolton are a great club full of quality players. The reputation the club have around Europe is positive.'

'I have always wanted to play in England. I consider it the best league in the world.'

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
No se quiere privar de ningún gusto

El millonario ruso Roman Abramovich, dueño del Chelsea, ofrecerá 140 millones de euros por el delantero Hernán Crespo

LONDRES (EFE).-- El argentino Hernán Crespo, jugador del Inter de Milán, es el próximo objetivo del gobernador y millonario ruso Roman Abramovich, dueño del Chelsea, que ofrecerá por él 140 millones de euros, según recoge el viernes la prensa británica.

De acuerdo con los diarios, el Inter está dispuesto a escuchar las ofertas por Crespo, que ha declarado en varias ocasiones su interés en jugar con su compatriota Juan Sebastián Verón, traspasado del Manchester United al Chelsea el mes pasado.

Abramovich estaría encantado de fichar tanto a Crespo, de 28 años, o al otro delantero del Inter Christian Vieri, cuyo traspaso está intentando negociar desde comienzos de julio, pero prefiere al argentino porque es dos años más joven.

"Acabo de volver de vacaciones y estoy muy relajado respecto a mi futuro, aunque he leído los rumores de que el Chelsea y el Barcelona están interesados en mí, pero todavía no he oído nada oficial", afirmó Crespo al tabloide "Daily Express".

"No tomaré una decisión sobre mi futuro hasta recibir el consejo de mi agente, Fernando Hidalgo", añadió.

El pasado 6 de agosto el Manchester United hizo oficial la venta de Verón, para las próximas cuatro temporadas, al Chelsea por una suma que asciende a 24 millones de dólares.

Pero, según la prensa británica, tanto Crespo como Vieri le saldrían bastante más caros al magnate ruso.

Crespo también se uniría al delantero rumano Adrian Mutu, que esta semana fue traspasado del Parma al Chelsea por 23,7 millones de euros, y a la larga lista de nuevas incorporaciones que han engrosado la entidad desde la llegada de su nuevo propietario multimillonario.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok im too lazy today to translate, but in few words it says that Abramovich will pay 100+ million dollars for crespo!! :eek:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Van Bronckhorst loaned to Barça
FC Barcelona have signed Arsenal FC midfield player Giovanni van Bronckhorst on loan for the 2003/04 season, subject to a medical on Wednesday morning.

Arsenal honours
The Dutch international joined Arsenal for €13.5m from Rangers FC two years ago, having left Feyenoord for Scotland in 1998. In February 2002 his season was ended prematurely by a cruciate knee ligament injury, the Gunners going on to win the Premiership and the FA Cup. Van Bronckhorst returned to action in November but made only 15 starts in the remainder of the season.

Rijkaard link-up
With Ashley Cole established as Arsenal's left-back and with few opportunities for a regular midfield place, the 28-year-old Van Bronckhorst has opted to move to Spain to play under Frank Rijkaard, who regularly deployed him during his time as coach of the Netherlands.

'Great respect'
Van Bronckhorst told Arsenal’s official website: "I have really enjoyed the last two years at Arsenal - me and my family feel very settled here. But what I need now is to play matches especially with the prospect of Holland competing in [UEFA] EURO 2004. I am really looking forward to joining up with Barcelona - I have great respect for them and the way they play and, of course, for coach Frank Rijkaard."

UEFA Cup draw
Barcelona will discover their opponents in the first round of the UEFA Cup on Friday, two days before starting their Primera División campaign against Athletic Club Bilbao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)