transfer talk outside Juve... (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
WOAH!!!! :extatic:

That would be so cool. Do it Bobo!!!! Join Chelski!!

Not only would Inter suffer, but Chelski could have a decent shot at the Championship. I am beginning to believe that this team will finally become the best in England. All though I heard somewhere that you can't buy happiness, but if they can make this work, they will be awesome.

There's a little down-side though. That's alot of money, just imagine who Inter might get with that....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Noone big IMO. No world class forward is on the market right now. The only real replacement for Bobo would be Ruud, but that aint happening , so...

Anyways, the only thing Chelski would lack is a ballwinner, a Davids type, and they have to get one in the next day or two to be able to register the player for the CL. I'm still hoping they take Edgar.

They have everything else, the keeper, the defence, the midfield (Cole, Veron, Duff, Geremi, Lampard, Zenden, Petit...), the attackers (Bobo if they get him, JFH, Gudjohnsen, Forsell)...

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
Noone big IMO. No world class forward is on the market right now. The only real replacement for Bobo would be Ruud, but that aint happening , so...
You never know what might happen these days. It might not be Ruud, but it's not like he's the only striker out there.

++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
Anyways, the only thing Chelski would lack is a ballwinner, a Davids type, and they have to get one in the next day or two to be able to register the player for the CL. I'm still hoping they take Edgar.
WHAT!? You want Chelski to buy Davids? Are you nuts?

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Vieri to Chelsea? If I were Inter Milan I would definately sell him, especially for that price.

I like Vieri, one of my favourites, a tad over-rated though. There are so many players that could easily fill the gap he would make. After all Inter still have Crespo who outscored Vieri when he was at Lazio and be real, a Crespo - Vieri combination wouldn't work. Well it might now as they got some wingers but still, 30 mil?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
Vieri to Chelsea? If I were Inter Milan I would definately sell him, especially for that price.

I like Vieri, one of my favourites, a tad over-rated though. There are so many players that could easily fill the gap he would make. After all Inter still have Crespo who outscored Vieri when he was at Lazio and be real, a Crespo - Vieri combination wouldn't work. Well it might now as they got some wingers but still, 30 mil?
If I was Cuper a Martins-Crespo partnership would appeal to me. Martins with his blistering pace and athleticism and Crespo with his world class eye for goal and his finishing. Vieri is a great player, one of the best strikers in the world for that matter, but he's almost 30. If Chelsea were offering 25m euros then I might be a little hesitant in saying yes because of how good a player Bobo is, but 30m!

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Get ready.... take a deep breath.... here we gooooo....

Top defender offers to help cash-strapped club

ESPN.com news services

MADRID -- Barcelona defender Carles Puyol said on Thursday that he would reluctantly be prepared to leave the club if it needed to raise new funds to improve its financial situation.

The Spanish international's comments were prompted by reports in the media that Manchester United was preparing a 20 million-euro ($22.72 million) bid for the player.

"At the moment they are nothing more than rumors because neither myself, Barcelona nor Manchester United have said anything about a move," Puyol told a news conference in Barcelona.

"I don't think of myself as a savior, but I have to be aware that if an offer does arrive that interests the club then I will do my best to help them.

"But the club will also have to understand that this is my home and I want to stay here and win a title with Barcelona -- something I have yet to achieve."

The 25-year-old right back has been one of the club's best players in recent seasons and has become a favorite with fans for his gutsy performances even when the team has not played well.

Earlier on Thursday Barcelona president Joan Laporta told Spanish radio station Onda Cero that the club was set to report losses of around $186 million for last season.

Di Biagio leaves Inter Milan to join Brescia
MILAN -- Italy international midfielder Luigi Di Biagio has moved from Inter Milan to fellow Serie A club Brescia.

Brescia gave no details of the transfer fee or contract offered to the 32-year-old but said he would join up with his new teammates at its training camp on Friday.

Italian media had reported that Inter was ready to release Di Biagio from his contract as he no longer featured in coach Hector Cuper's plans.

Rome-born Di Biagio joined Inter in 1999 after four seasons with AS Roma.
The tough tackling central midfielder had made his name with Foggia after failing to make the grade with Lazio.

At Brescia, Di Biagio will team up with another ex-Inter and Italy player, former European Footballer of the Year Roberto Baggio.

Roma, other Italian clubs under investigation
MILAN --
Italian police have seized documents from the offices of Serie A club AS Roma and Serie B side Napoli as part of investigations into claims of fraudulent bank guarantees, the Rome prosecutor's office said.

Roma and Napoli along with Serie C clubs Cosenza and Spal are being investigated after accusations their registration applications for the new league season contained false bank guarantees.

The woman whose name appeared on documents relating to Roma's finances, Cynthia Ruia, said her signature had been forged.

"Somebody forged my signature to commit fraud. I can't use any other term," the daily Corriere della Sera quoted her on Thursday as saying.

Ruia was a former employee of Sbc, the company that was presented as guarantor. Sbc have denied giving any guarantees for any football clubs.

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and the Rome public prosecutor have both opened investigations into the affair. On Wednesday, police said they visited the offices of Roma and Napoli.

All Italian clubs have to present evidence of sound finances to Covisoc, the sport's financial regulator, before their registration for the season is approved.

Covisoc rejected the applications for Roma and Napoli on July 22, but six days later gave the clubs the all-clear after the presentation of the guarantees.

Roma, who say it is cooperating fully with the inquiries, said in a statement its actions were fully in line with Federation rules and had been approved by Covisoc.

Despite hot weather, Bundesliga games won't be delayed
BERLIN --
The German football league has refused requests to delay Saturday's Bundesliga fixtures to the evening from their current afternoon kickoffs due to soaring temperatures.

Ten managers in all had called for the switch because of temperatures of up to 40 degrees celsius in some German cities.

But league spokesman Tom Bender said they could not concur, in part due to the logistical headache involved and the rights television has to broadcast highlights early in the evening.

"I could understand if amateurs are put off by the heat, but we're talking about top professionals in their prime, all of whom have undergone rigorous medical tests," Bender said on Thursday.

Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld and his Bayer Leverkusen counterpart Klaus Augenthaler had both urged the league to delay the kickoffs.

"Delaying the start is a good idea. You have to take the players' health into account," Hitzfeld told German television.

Former German international Augenthaler said the temperatures reminded him of the searing heat in the 1986 World Cup Finals in Mexico.

"That was brutal. We'd have much better games if we played in the evening," said Augenthaler.

Bayern Munich captain, goalkeeper Oliver Kahn, said the heat would affect the players' performance.

"We're all very fit and we've been training hard but you can be sure the games won't be played at a high tempo," he said.

Inter's Zanetti inks new deal
MILAN --
Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti signed a new deal on Wednesday that will keep the Argentine international defender at the club until at least 2007.

Zanetti, Inter's longest serving player, has agreed a three-year extension to his current deal, which was due to run out at the end of the coming season.

"I am delighted and proud to have agreed the renewal of my contract. I have never imagined going to another club, that wouldn't have been fair to the fans or to president Massimo Moratti," Zanetti told the club's TV station Inter Channel.

Zanetti, who also captains Argentina, joined Inter from Argentine club Banfield in 1995 and has been a fixture in the side, either at right-back or in midfield, ever since.

Portugal's Conceicao rejoins Lazio
ROME --
Portugal winger Sergio Conceicao has rejoined former club Lazio the Serie A side said on Wednesday.

Lazio said Conceicao, 28, who was freed from his contract with Inter Milan last month, will undergo a medical on Thursday before completing a deal in which he will pick up a 900,000 euros ($1.03 million) annual salary.

Conceicao played for Rome club Lazio from 1998 to 2000 and was a key part of then coach Sven Goran Eriksson's championship winning side in 2000 before making a surprise move to Parma.

He then joined Inter in 2001, on striker Christian Vieri's recommendation after the two had enjoyed a fruitful partnership at Lazio.

The right-winger was unable to hold down a regular starting spot in Hector Cuper's side last season and the arrival of Brazilian winger Luciano and Dutchman Andy van der Meyde at Inter made a move almost inevitable.

Lazio faces Portuguese side Benfica next Wednesday in a Champions League third qualifying round tie.

Gallardo heads home to re-sign with River Plate
BUENOS AIRES --
Argentine midfielder Marcelo Gallardo is following the example of Marcelo Salas and returning to River Plate after a spell in Europe, the Buenos Aires club said on Wednesday.

"Marcelo Gallardo's signing has been sorted out and he will be officially presented on Thursday," a River spokesman told Reuters.

Gallardo played alongside Chilean international Salas, who returned to the 'Millonaires' two weeks ago, in a memorable River team during the 1990s.

"I'm happy, I'm fulfilling my wish to return to River, a club for which I have special sentiments," Gallardo told reporters after arriving in Argentina.

"I'm looking forward to playing with Marcelo," added Gallardo, who is joining from French club AS Monaco.

Argentine champion River has been busy reinforcing its team for the Apertura championship, which began last weekend, after selling the club's top player Andres D'Alessandro to Bundesliga side Vfl Wolfsburg.

The team coached by Chilean Manuel Pellegrini have also signed Colombian Kilian Virviescas from America of Cali and Argentines Daniel Montenegro, Nelson Vivas and Fernando Crosa.

Gallardo, who was in the Argentina squad at the last two World Cups, left River to join Monaco in 1999.

Lyon in hunt to sign Pizarro, Viduka
PARIS --
Olympique Lyon is interested in signing strikers Claudio Pizarro and Mark Viduka, chairman Jean-Michel Aulas said on Wednesday.

The French champions have not found a reliable replacement for Sonny Anderson who joined Spanish side Villarreal in July.

The club failed to seal a deal with young South African striker Lesley Manyathela on Monday and Aulas said Lyon was keen to sign either Bayern Munich's Pizarro or Viduka of Leeds United.

"We have collected a lot of information about Pizarro," Aulas said in an interview published by L'Equipe.

"We know him pretty well. It was him who sunk us in a UEFA Cup match against Werder Bremen a few years ago.

"Bayern didn't want to let him go until recently but since (Roy) Makaay joined (from Deportivo Coruna), things might change a little bit.

"We are reviewing the option to make Viduka come here too. We have offered a swap with (defender) Edmilson but he is not too eager to go to England."

Lyon had a disappointing start to the defense of its title when the club lost 1-0 to Lille last Friday.

Cameroon keeper Kameni joins Wolves on one-year loan
LONDON
-- Cameroon goalkeeper Carlos Kameni signed for newly-promoted English Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers on Wednesday, the club said on its website.

The 19-year-old Cameroon international will be moving from French club Le Havre on a one-year loan with an option to buy as long as he receives a work permit or a French passport.

Kameni shined during Cameroon's Confederations Cup run to the final against France in June.

The African champions defeated Brazil, Turkey and Colombia without Kameni letting in a goal, only to lose the final when a French golden goal slipped past seven minutes into extra time.

"To make it to the national team at the age of just 19 shows that Carlos has got talent and the right temperament," Wolves manager Dave Jones said on the website.

A week ago Wolves pulled out of a deal to bring Kameni to the club but Wednesday's signing comes amid continued efforts to strengthen the defense before the start of its season -- the club's first in top-flight soccer for 19 years.

The team has also signed Sheffield United's Jody Craddock, Arsenal's Oleg Luzhny and Nigerian international Isaac Okoronkwo.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh the Germans. They actually think >30 is hot?

I wonder what the outcome will be on the investigations against Roma and Napoli :undecide:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Football Italia

Milan agree Kaka fee
Friday 8 August, 2003

Reports coming from South America suggest that Milan have agreed a deal with Sao Paulo for Kaka.

After weeks of negotiations, it seems as if a fee has been agreed after Milan official Leonardo flew out to South America.

Talks had stalled as Sao Paulo initially wanted £8m but the Italian outfit only offered £6m. It is believed that a £7m compromise has been reached.

However, reports suggest that the transfer will only be made official at some point next week.

Attacking midfielder Kaka, whose full name is Ricardo Izecson Santos Leite, is considered as one of South America’s hottest properties and was part of the 2002 World Cup winning squad.

Inter and Real Madrid have also been linked with the 22-year-old but the Rossoneri seem to have got their man.

Milan have so far spent nothing on the market this summer after the free capture of Marcos Cafu and the loan signing of Lazio stopper Giuseppe Pancaro.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Football Italia:

Samp chase Inter pair
Friday 8 August, 2003

Sampdoria are set to hold talks with Inter today in a bid to sign either Mohamed Kallon or Alvaro Recoba on loan for the new season.

The newly promoted outfit are set to take advantage of tonight’s Trofeo Moretti in Bari where Samp, Inter and Juventus will all be fighting it out for the prestigious pre-season event.

Both men have been linked with the Genoa-based club in the past who have still not given up hope of landing at least one of them.

Samp want to play on the fact that neither seem guaranteed first team football next term because of the presence of Christian Vieri, Hernan Crespo and the explosion of Obafemi Martins.

Doria boss Walter Novellino is particularly keen on the Uruguayan (pictured) after he excelled for the tactician during a loan spell at Venezia.

The international spent six months with the Laguna outfit in 1999 where he scored 10 goals in 19 games.

Inter squad for Trofeo Moretti: Toldo, Fontana; J.Zanetti, Helveg, Cordoba, Materazzi, Gamarra, Adani, Pasquale; Luciano, Okan, Lamouchi, Karagounis, van der Meyde, Rebecchi, Biava; Crespo, Vieri, Martins, Kallon

You can see all the action from the Birra Moretti trophy on British Eurosport this weekend. Coverage starts at 16.45 on Saturday.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Kaka ready for Milan move
Saturday 9 August, 2003

Brazilian starlet Kaka admits he is hours away from completing his move to the San Siro.

As we reported on Friday, Milan agreed a £7m fee payable over two years to his current club Sao Paolo.

“Until the papers are all signed, sealed and delivered I don’t want to say anything,” the player told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’.

“But I do realise that the fans in Italy are anxious for the matter to be resolved. I really hope it goes smoothly, as it would be a turning point in my career.”

The 21-year-old international will put pen to paper on a five-year contract worth in the region of £1m per season, but the move will only be made official on Monday.

“To wear the Milan shirt would be simply fantastic,” continued Kaka, full name Ricardo Izecsson Santos Leite.

“It would make me so proud to play alongside legends of the game, including Rivaldo, Andriy Shevchenko and Paolo Maldini.”

The Rossoneri saw off competition from Inter, Chelsea and Real Madrid for the talented creative midfielder.

Kaka shone in the recent Gold Cup for Brazil, although it is possible Milan will loan him out to Paris Saint-Germain for his first European season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
MUTU NEXT ON CHELSEA LIST

Reports suggest that £16m-rated Adrian Mutu is the next name on the wish list of Roman Abramovich.

The Romanian hitman has had a stunning campaign in Serie A after bagging 18 goals, second only to Chelsea’s first choice Christian Vieri.

Mutu was made captain at Parma this season despite the fact he only joined from Verona last summer, but the club confirmed this week it is willing to sell.

“If an impressive offer came in for Mutu or Hidetoshi Nakata then we would of course consider it,” revealed director Lorenzo Minotti.

Mutu was also a strong pre-season target for Lazio and Juventus, but neither side was able to put together £16m in cash.

However, Chelsea have enough ready money to tempt Parma into an immediate sale, even if Mutu would not be able to feature in their Champions’ League preliminary round tie.

Parma would line up Milan's Danish international Jon Dahl Tomasson as a replacement.

The 24-year-old first touched Italian shores with Inter in December 1999 and has been a success in all his Serie A clubs.

Manchester United were also linked with the Romanian international, but it seems more likely the Premiership winners will set their sights on Edgar Davids.

The bitter row between Juventus and the Dutchman escalated last night when Davids was fielded in the B-Team for the prestigious Birra Moretti Tournament.

Juve are eager to cash in on the £8m-rated midfielder before his contract expires next summer.

------------------
Source: Football Italia

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I really wanted him to go to Lazio. I don't know what to say. I don't want the Serie A to loose another great star like him. I rather him go to a rival Serie A club than to another league.

Heck, I even rather Vieri go to Real Madrid than for Mutu to go.

Then again, a Mutu - Eto attack seems very interesting. Young and talented. Deadly!!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
I really wanted him to go to Lazio. I don't know what to say. I don't want the Serie A to loose another great star like him. I rather him go to a rival Serie A club than to another league.

Heck, I even rather Vieri go to Real Madrid than for Mutu to go.

Then again, a Mutu - Eto attack seems very interesting. Young and talented. Deadly!!!
Do you really think that Chelsea will go after both Mutu and Eto'o? Anyways, I can officially tell you that the former is a Blues player.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
They could go for both, but They would seriously lack arial ability in attack, which could be a waste of talent of Duff's crosses friom the left IMO (I'm not exactly an expert on EPL, so...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)