transfer talk outside Juve... (1 Viewer)

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
all transfer talk not directly concerning Juve here :)...

Rivaldo moving to Middlebrough?
Rivaldo could be on his way to Middlesbrough according to sources inside the club. Boss Steve McClaren has made no secret of his admiration for the Milan forward. He is hoping the Brazilian’s great friendship with Boro’s Juninho can help him pull off a deal. "It’s an exciting idea and we might just be able to get him if we can use Juninho to sell the club to him," stated the source.
football italia

i think this is just rumour talk..i think the fact the just said "stated the source" means they're just trying to put some news up..but i think he's definitely going to leave Milan, most likely to go to EPL...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
I read in Oggi magazine that Posh and Becks have a real estate agent in Milan looking for a home for around 3 million Euros. Hmmmm...

Also heard that Posh when last in Milan a month or so ago, met with Moratti and told him, in some sort of jest perhaps, that Becks would go to Inter if she got her own TV show in Milan. Hmmmm...

If we buy the principle at all that she has any control over him (hee hee) then I would think she wants Milan more than Madrid. He would be treated like a god at Inter and in Milan. So would she be a goddess. Better press. Better fashion. Better life for two of the biggest media whores in the world.
Hmmmm...

That is, if we buy that she has any say in these things. :LOL:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Btw Did Anyone Note that Becks has written the Name of his wife victoria on his Arm in YesterDay Real match :eek:

And I can't see Becks Turning Real madrid down to Join Inter :LOL:

OP
bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    i dont think becks will go to Real...he needs to be the star on the team(like he is in MU)..if he goes to real he wont be the star of the show after awhile..plus from the Manu vs Real match, i hardly saw any crosses from Real, and to dont need much of them...so beckham move to Real is clearly just for the money real will get..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    well about the star thing,

who cares, he will be another "galaktiko" and make history as a member of the best team of history so, its not bad at all.

OP
    bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    yeah, but i think he'll bring more negative than positive to Real Madrid(not in the financial aspect, but playing)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Why the hell would Real Madrid want to spend millions and millions of dollars on the world's second best right midfielder when they have the first? ;)

Then again, it's Real we're talking about :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Why the hell would Real Madrid want to spend millions and millions of dollars on the world's second best right midfielder when they have the first? ;)

Then again, it's Real we're talking about :D
    well,figo can play on the left and in the centre as well:D

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by bubba ] ++
    i dont think becks will go to Real...he needs to be the star on the team(like he is in MU)..if he goes to real he wont be the star of the show after awhile..plus from the Manu vs Real match, i hardly saw any crosses from Real, and to dont need much of them...so beckham move to Real is clearly just for the money real will get..
    If you don't play in the seriefinal and in the Champions league semifinal you're not the star on the team.

I for one think the deal will go through. Beckham is not satisfied with the current situation where he doesn't play the important matches.
    Real doesn't only need him on the field but they need his name too. Real doesn't sell much souvenirs in Asia that is the most important market right now. Manchester is right now selling more souvenirs in Asia than they do in Britain. Beckham is one of the biggest if not the biggest foreign footballer in Asia. If Real buys him they will obviously be more popular and sell more souvenirs. It's a damn smart solution, quick and long-term.
    The fact that he is a brilliant footballer doesn't make it less possible. I have always been a huge fan of him, he has the world's best right foot and he has a high workrate. I think he just can't play up to his potential in Manchester, in the national team he is almost always brilliant and he will probably be even better in Real Madrid.

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
    If Beckham goes to Real he'll be on the bench a hell of a lot, but then I dont think Real will care that much, I think they'd be more interested in the money they can make off the Beckham name, shirt sales, appearances, ads, etc etc...

He isn't good enough to play at RM, but thats my opinion....

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Makaay cool on Bayern move

Bayern Munich may want Dutch striker Roy Makaay, but the Deportivo Coruna star is less keen on a move to Bavaria. "Personally I prefer to play in Spain or England," he told the Munich daily tz. The 28-year-old, Spain's leading scorer with 27 goals, said he had had no official contact with German champion Bayern. And in a move not likely to please Bayern's hierarchy, Makaay said: "If I had to choose between Manchester United and Bayern Munich, I'd not hesitate for United."

----------------------------------------

Can't believe those Germans actually thought they could persuade a Dutchman to come and play in their awful league :howler:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    :eek::eek: this is maddness!!

LONDON - If ambition has a price, then Chelsea and new owner Roman Abramovich showed they were willing to go further than any club when they made a £71.4-million offer for Real Madrid's Raul Gonzalez.

That is $67 million more than the world-record $134 million Real spent on Zinedine Zidane, and Friday's audacious bid also included making the Spanish hitman the best-paid footballer in history.

The Russian billionaire, backed by a fortune estimated at £3.8 billion, promised to double Raul's wages to about $500,000 a week, reported The BBC.

Said Raul's agent, Gines Carvajal on Friday: 'Roman Abramovich would pay him 12 million euros a season - double what he is earning with Real.

'I spoke to Raul and he said 'no'. He is not interested in leaving Real Madrid.

'Raul's buy-out clause is 180 million euros.'

Raul, currently in China with Real, said: 'There are two years left on my contract and when we have to talk about extending that, we will.

'The club knows my intention is to stay and in my opinion, all we have to do is sign and seal it.'

Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri, who will lead his side against Newcastle today in the FA Premier League Asia Cup final in Kuala Lumpur tonight, made light of the possible swoop, reported The Guardian.

'Raul tonight, tomorrow it is Rivaldo. Maybe Raul must renew his contract,' he said, a day after admitting that he was still looking for two 'big champions' - a midfielder and a striker.

And strikers do not come much bigger than Raul. No current player has scored more than the 26-year-old's 162 goals in the Spanish Primera Liga.

A further 31 strikes in 60 games for Spain make him the biggest football idol at national as well as club level.

Despite reported problems between him and Real president Florentino Perez, the player has not been put up for sale, reported The Sun.

But then again, nobody has never been offered £71.4 million for a player before. Real, the club used to smashing transfer records, can now only look at Chelsea and like the rest of the footballing world, shudder at the thought of their financial might.

What a turnaround for a club who have not won the English League title since 1955 and are not even certain of a place in next season's Champions League.

In the past month, Abramovich has already paid £110 million to take over Chelsea and a further £37 million to sign Damien Duff, Wayne Bridge, Glen Johnson and Geremi.

Italian club Roma also confirmed that they have had a £14.5-million offer for Brazilian captain Emerson. If that fails, Chelsea will look to capture Manchester United's Juan Veron at a similar price, reported The Mirror.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    That is $67 million more than the world-record $134 million Real spent on Zinedine Zidane, and Friday's audacious bid also included making the Spanish hitman the best-paid footballer in history.
    I'm sorry, i forgot to convert those to euros but i'm sure you're all farmillar with the sums involved. ;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    :eek::eek: yeah that's madness i doubt that is true.But if it's then goodluck to chelsea with real madrid and Raul.this is totaly unbelievable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)