Transfer Focus: Juventus (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

That would of course be a more realistic prediction, but I'm skeptical having Mozart in such a vital holding position.
Well I can tell you he will certainly be a better fit than Blasi. Mozart has very good ball and passing skills, and we would not give the ball away as much as we did this season. Mozart is very adept at finding the open pass and executing it with precision. That is something we need.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Touche! ;)

Seriously though, we can't afford to have to replace Mozart again if he doesn't work out, I say we go for a Pizarro or Rosicky and solve our problems once and for all.Not that the latter two would cost alot either.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, I'm sure Capello has questions over Pizarro's defensive ability and I don't think Fabio needs a natural playmaker, so he might not be thinking of either player. I would certainly welcome them though.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well I can tell you he will certainly be a better fit than Blasi. Mozart has very good ball and passing skills, and we would not give the ball away as much as we did this season. Mozart is very adept at finding the open pass and executing it with precision. That is something we need.
I prefer Maresca than Mozart. Plus he is a half of ours.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
If cappelo promise him to be in the first eleven. And imo he deserve that. I am very2 sure, he will come back for good. He is Juventino in heart. I just know that :D :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
IMO Maresca might be regretting shooting his mouth off earlier in the season now that the Viola is staring relegation in the face.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
IMO Maresca might be regretting shooting his mouth off earlier in the season now that the Viola is staring relegation in the face.
that's why IMO he will be back to JUVE. :D

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Wouldn't you consider that a bit too much on the offensive end Desmond? And you know Capello always wants to use two defensive midfielders.

Buffon

Cassetti - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Emerson - Mozart - Nedved

Ibrahimovic - (Mutu, Del Piero, or Trezeguet)

That certainly seems realistic.
I would play the same system just with different players.

Buffon

Miguel - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Emerson - Edu - Nedved

Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

on the bench Chimenti; Zebina, Kovac, Tudor, Chiellini; Cassetti, Blasi, Ledesma, Mutu; Trezeguet, Zalayeta (+ Pessotto, Tacchinardi)

I really think that Miguel has way better defensive skills, as Cassetti has only played in midfield for Lecce and anyone who plays in a Lecce defense has no place at Juve (they have the worst defense in Serie A).
Edu is IMO more mature than Mozart, who has no experience in CL, so I would like to have Edu, who has experience and the ball + passing skills for this position.
Kovac and Tudor would come for nothing, Chiellini would cost us a bit, Cassetti can be a very good back - up for the right side and Ledesma should be a great player to have on the bench. We were already linked with him in January, when a deal was nearly signed, and after seeing him play, I really want him. He is always running, hard-working, has the skills that are needed for his position and I see him as one of the best midfielders in the future.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by forzajuve_27 ] ++

Also don't forget what he said, that if Fiorentina go down, he will hang up his boots. Now that will be laugh if it happens :D
somehow I can see him in Paloermo next season ;)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont see big changes to the starting 11. just a right back, and a partner for emerson.

all other signings will be for back up.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Capello unveils new Juventus
Friday 27 May, 2005

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has revealed his club’s summer transfer plans and objectives for the new season.

The tactician confirmed that the outfit would be looking to buy quality players in the hope of mounting a serious Champions’ League challenge next term.

"We already have some clear ideas," he told the Tuttosport newspaper. "Bringing back the European Cup to Turin is our principal objective for next season.

"We are looking for players who can make a 10 percent difference to the side rather than just two percent. Seeing as we are not starting from the bottom, this will be very difficult to do.

"I’ve asked the club for a rich squad even if we know that the money box is closed and we can’t violate the books. We’ll do our very best."

Juventus have been linked with Roma’s Antonio Cassano and Alberto Gilardino of Parma, but their arrival would seemingly only occur if the club sold first.

One man who has been linked with a ‘sacrifice’ is Real Madrid target Emerson, even if Capello has rubbished that claim.

"He is not going to leave," added the former Roma boss. "He is one of the best midfield players in the world in my opinion, if not the best."

Capello led Juve to the title at his first attempt but he has been criticised this term over his continual substitution of Alessandro Del Piero.

"Alex’s conduct was extraordinary, as a captain and a professional," noted the Coach.

"I said that he would one day thank me and he returned to the champion he is in the closing stages of the season.

"He is an important player and I don’t enjoy substituting anyone. I just do my job, the one which I am paid for."

Juventus have undoubtedly been solid this season, rather than entertaining, and Capello expects that not to change in the 2005-06 campaign.

"Winning gets people talking and remains in the record books. Entertaining play is forgotten and only relative," he defended.

The master tactician concluded by commenting on Milan’s extraordinary collapse to Liverpool in the Champions’ League Final.

"I thought it would be all downhill for the Rossoneri after Paolo Maldini’s goal," he said. "The blackout in the second half was incredible, even if luck wasn’t on Milan’s side either."
From Channel4.com

JuveAllTheWay

May 24, 2005
Dream Team :)) nope, Xavi'll not gonna come, he's the best player on his position in la liga, and Barcelona aren't so dumb to sell him, Mutu's staying in squad question still remains, and Chivu is the main target for Inter, so let him go there, because his body been seductive to the injury addiction :)) and otherways if you written a back-up for Del piero(who's only 30) in face of Mutu, then your dreamteam needs back-up for nedved(who'll be 33 at the start of next season.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)