Trabelsi & Mexes & Ljungberg (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Whoah there cowboy...

Please re read the thread.. I never at anypoint said ian was lying or indeed infered it.
I use the word supposedly as at the end of the day none of us know whether what people say is true or not.. its a matter of faith.
Unless others know a person ,personally there is no proof that what anyone says is true.

A couple of things that spring to mind...

A couple of years ago there was a poster(shall remain nameless) that said he was in a useful position and people took his writings as gospel on a few different forums... Someone checked to find no registration... he then privately admitted it was all crap.... so you never know.

Another poster about 18months ago in his first thread on this forum was told he knew nothing and was lying about his position by a poster... He turned up 2 weeks later on another forum having arranged a live webchat for the forum with representatives of the team he had been told he was lying about.

So no.. we never know who or what people really are... some are beleived how ever much bullshit they post where as others are called liars when they speak nothing but the truth.

Noone hear as ever been asked to prove what they say and neither should they be... as such we must all have faith in human nature

As for ian... i have no idea, but i dont doubt him as it would be an incredibly stupid thing todo in the case of being an assistant coach at a pro club in europe... as everyone knows a person holding such a title for even 2 minutes at any pro level in europe has to be registered.
So if they were lying anyone could find out in minutes as past and present registrations are freelly available.
Similar to how I for my own work need to be on an international register and a member of several organistions... all of which can be quickly and easily checked up on... So no, I do not think ian is lying as that would be completely stupid... and though myself and ian have issues with each other I do not really think he is a fool.
oh sorry i just misunderstood:embarass:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
Anyone see the african cup of nations today?????????

Trabelsi was fcuking class, man he was awsome!!!!

I think we should take him up on his offer and sign him.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I did watch the match and he completely turned it around for Tunisia. Awsome display of speed & accuracy. I hear he is just recovering from an injury!

Jul 28, 2002
do u kno what makes it better, he has actually said he'd prefer to play for juve!!!!

Moggi u sneaky daft punk...sign the mofo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
do u kno what makes it better, he has actually said he'd prefer to play for juve!!!!

Moggi u sneaky daft punk...sign the mofo!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's on a free this summer. Have patience.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Trabelsi would be excellent, especially if Thuram refinds his centre back success, or if Legro gains some confidence and starts playing the football that we expected from him when he came to Turin. With Ferrara and Montero probably on the way out however, and question marks over Iuliano and Fresi, we would still need a minimum of two central defenders. Get Mexes, Ferrari, and possibly a cheap sub, and we're set.

Trabelsi - Thuram - Mexes - Zambrotta
Birindelli - Ferrari - Legro - Pessotto

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
trabelsi and mexes are players moggi wont even look for. Moggi will go for ferrari and bonera before the others..why?? because they are italian and probably cheaper. united are trying to get trabelsi now, see, they know he is class but moggi would be too ignorant and say, "why do we need trabelsi, we have pessotto":down:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well,i hope he's changed his mind after this morning's match.

it's time to wake up,smell the coffee and splash on the dough.

i can't see any other way out.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
trabelsi and mexes are players moggi wont even look for. Moggi will go for ferrari and bonera before the others..why?? because they are italian and probably cheaper. united are trying to get trabelsi now, see, they know he is class but moggi would be too ignorant and say, "why do we need trabelsi, we have pessotto":down:
We've been strongly linked with Trabelsi, and I certainly think that we are involved with him. However, just because he is a great fullback, doesn't mean we have to give him a huge contract just to beat Manchester to him. There is something to be said for cheaper Italian backs. In the case of Legro vs. Chivu, it didn't work out for us, but that's not to say that it wouldn't for Trabelsi vs. Bonera, or Ferrari vs. Mexes. By spending less money and getting players who already speak the language and play inthe league we may end up in a better overall position than clubs who buy expensive foreign players. I think that y'all have to reserve judgement on this transfer strategy.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
but these players are clearly far better in quality than their italian counterparts,indeed when leggro came and roma got chivu i wasn't even banking on an outside chance of him beating the romanian in italy.(or anywhere else for that matter)

i wouldn't take bets at 1.01 odds for trabelsi or mexes performing better than ferrari or bonera here.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
but these players are clearly far better in quality than their italian counterparts,indeed when leggro came and roma got chivu i wasn't even banking on an outside chance of him beating the romanian in italy.(or anywhere else for that matter)

i wouldn't take bets at 1.01 odds for trabelsi or mexes performing better than ferrari or bonera here.
That may well be, but we'd still have more money, and maybe it's better to have players that are slightly less good and more money in the bank. We don't want to end up like Lazio.

Aug 1, 2003
Wow, if there are 2 players whom I really want to join Juve next season, it would be Mexes and Trabelsi.

Chances of our getting Trabelsi are higher than Mexes I think.

But competition's gonna be tough if MU is racing with us, but we won Thuram over them ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

That may well be, but we'd still have more money, and maybe it's better to have players that are slightly less good and more money in the bank. We don't want to end up like Lazio.
honestly ian,we will have to spend a quarter of a billion dollars or something like that to become lazio.;)

i'd rather take mexes and trabelsi for some 25m than buying less useful players.in time we'd just find out that we'd have to spend again because they're not good enough.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
honestly ian,we will have to spend a quarter of a billion dollars or something like that to become lazio.;)

i'd rather take mexes and trabelsi for some 25m than buying less useful players.in time we'd just find out that we'd have to spend again because they're not good enough.
I think that we're a lot closer to financial trouble than y'all think. Imagine what will happen if we keep playing like we have lately, we won't make the Champion's League...bad things will happen.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
juve are possibly the most stable club in the world in terms of finances-we hardly spend,earn millions through TV-rights and CL etc. adn have the most sensible board of directors around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)