Totti rejects to play for italy...again!! (1 Viewer)

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
can someone x-plain me why does he refuses to play for the Nat team??? im lost..
He probably doesn't want to play for an inexperienced international level coach like Donadoni, without actually saying so. I'm no expert on the workings of tv business, but it's very likely he will be contracted by TIM, and/or the soft drinks company in whose commercials he appears to do more. It's the perfect "get out!" In any case, with money & women being thrown at him, wouldn't you say it's the easier option? It's not as if he's giving up football & his beloved Roma.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
What a jerk, He's just trying to justify his selfish behavior by blaming others. What does he care if the Nationale has one less week to train?? Euro 08 is coming soon and suddenly he's loyal to the team. Totti can rot in hell.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What a jerk, He's just trying to justify his selfish behavior by blaming others. What does he care if the Nationale has one less week to train?? Euro 08 is coming soon and suddenly he's loyal to the team. Totti can rot in hell.
Or at least he can spit on himself.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I think Totti's view on playing for Italy is crystal clear here, and very much consistent with what we've come to know of him. He's had myriad offers from the likes of Real and Man Utd in the past and never left Roma out of a professed affection for the team, but we all know that Francesco is not a man who relishes challenges. He cherishes his untouchable position in Rome far too much for the lure of bigger (and more daunting) prospects. Same with Italy; he most likely feels that the team has done all it can with Lippi last year and with Donadoni at the helm he doesn't want to stay on a sinking ship. He's been criticised often at international level anyway and chances are he reckons winning the World Cup last year as his way of leaving on a high.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
I think Totti's view on playing for Italy is crystal clear here, and very much consistent with what we've come to know of him. He's had myriad offers from the likes of Real and Man Utd in the past and never left Roma out of a professed affection for the team, but we all know that Francesco is not a man who relishes challenges. He cherishes his untouchable position in Rome far too much for the lure of bigger (and more daunting) prospects. Same with Italy; he most likely feels that the team has done all it can with Lippi last year and with Donadoni at the helm he doesn't want to stay on a sinking ship. He's been criticised often at international level anyway and chances are he reckons winning the World Cup last year as his way of leaving on a high.
wellcome back man.. :)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Totti is a douche but also a brilliant player. He is one class above all Italian players. (Yes, even Del Piero.)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Totti is a douche but also a brilliant player. He is one class above all Italian players. (Yes, even Del Piero.)
Even Maldini and Baresi? You don't really know the true meaning of "class," do you?

I've seen that nobody likes you here. And that's understandable.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It his clear he thinks he cant play at his best for Roma if his playing for Italy! His passion is for Rome!
f*ck totti, ive always believed that totti has been more of a burden on italy, in how he got himself sent off at euro 2004 and suspended, and same at the wc 2002, eventhough that was very controversial, but he needs to start thinking with his head, not his dick. italy can do without totti, perhaps better, there are other players we can use and perotta has shown recently that he can play a more advanced role in place of totti and does it well.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
f*ck totti, ive always believed that totti has been more of a burden on italy, in how he got himself sent off at euro 2004 and suspended, and same at the wc 2002, eventhough that was very controversial, but he needs to start thinking with his head, not his dick. italy can do without totti, perhaps better, there are other players we can use and perotta has shown recently that he can play a more advanced role in place of totti and does it well.
Perotta please no in a few years there will be others as of now italy will just forget the position they made for totti they can still play solid as ever they will let the AM die till another special type comes along.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Alberto Aquilani of Roma is a screamer. And Rossina is one heck of talent. These boys are going to be seriously good. Going forward is last of Italian's mind. Totti, we know, you are good, but its not like Italia cant do anything without him.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
stick potti and this thread in the trash can

Like this! :D
Capello father figure and Totti as a role model?

:rofl2:

That is the funniest shit I have heard in years.
Funny to you and I perhaps, but it's very sad for the poor s** who has to cope with only Capello and Totti as role models.

Stuff Totti! The Azzurri are better off without him and the are loads of players who would be willing to do their best for their country, so give them a chance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)