Top Party Places (8 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
Personal question. When did you apply and wen did they send you the I-20 form?

I am waiting on the same form at the moment.
Well, the application deadline for my program was Feb 1st 2004. I got my I-20 in early summer.

You know what the funniest thing is?

I FORGOT the I-20 at home! And didn't realize it until Frankfurt Airport. :D

I had no problems though, except for the fact that my new I-20 is not INS stamped, and I can't get a NY driver's license because of that.

Have to drive to Canada, reenter the US and get it stamped.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #63
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Well, the application deadline for my program was Feb 1st 2004. I got my I-20 in early summer.

You know what the funniest thing is?

I FORGOT the I-20 at home! And didn't realize it until Frankfurt Airport. :D

I had no problems though, except for the fact that my new I-20 is not INS stamped, and I can't get a NY driver's license because of that.

Have to drive to Canada, reenter the US and get it stamped.
    Oh, so you are not american. Where are u originally from.

What qualifications did you have if I may ask?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Ok, after I submitted my application to BU online, they said to get an appointment in the embassy ASAP because those it could take up to three months to get one, at least here.

So I had to send all this to the University, then get my appointment (Ill copy what they said):

Subject: Your form has been submitted.
    >Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:57:43 -0400 (EDT)
    >
    >Dear Fabiana:
    >
    >Thank you for submitting your online application to study English at
    Boston University/CELOP.
    >
    >Due to recent delays in visa processing at many US Embassies, it is urgent
    that you complete your application now so that we can send you the I-20
    Certificate of Eligibility that you need to apply for your F-1 Student
    Visa. We cannot send you the I-20 until we have received all of the
    following items:
    >
    >- copies of the photo and personal data pages of your passport
    >
    >- Financial Declaration showing availability of funds to cover your
    expenses while studying at CELOP (please see the "Dates & Fees" page of our
    website to determine your program's expenses). You can download the
    Financial Declaration form as a PDF from the following page on our website:
    http://www.bu.edu/celop/forms/ft-broch/index.html or just let us know if
    you would like one faxed to you.
    >
    >- a check, payable in US dollars for $185 ($60 application fee + $100
    tuition deposit + $25 Federal Express mail service) made out to Boston
    University/CELOP
    >
    >In addition to sending us these items, we also recommend that you
    immediately contact the US Embassy near you to schedule an appointment for
    your visa interview, which will be required by all Embassies by August 1,
    2003, if not sooner.

So after I sent the money they were supposed to send my I20, and because my father had some contacts in the embassy he was able to get me an appointment very quickly, so I had to email BU several times asking what was up with my I20 because I was afraid it wouldnt get on time here

After I got the package, it came with some forms I had to hand over to the lady that made my interview. In the interview they asked me where I was going, for how long, what I was gonna do there, if I had been to the USA recently, if I had paid for the course already, I hadnt so the lady asked for financial evidence so she could make sure I could pay it.

When they send you the I20 thing they also send you a letter that you gotta show in immigration when you arrive, the letter says that youre admitted and that youre qualified to get an I20.

When you enter the USA with the I20 and youre gonna leave the country and then come back you have to get a signature that says youre approved to leave and come back, so be careful with that

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

The gays won't affect you dont worry.

I am doing SAT's also in October. I did SAT's already but, let me put it this way, never studied, never slept the night before and was drunk upon entering the exam and was falling alseep.

So you are not on a student visa as yet Fabiana?
    Yeah I got my I20 months ago :)

I was gonna do the TOEFL and the SATs last year, but I wondered why I should waste my time doing it because I wasnt gonna go to college in the USA nor go to a private school where they need the TOEFL/SAT, but now that Im gonna be there for three months Im gonna see how I do and maybe I could end up studying there

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

Oh, so you are not american. Where are u originally from.

What qualifications did you have if I may ask?
    No, I am not an American, I am from Azerbaijan.

I only have an undergraduate degree in political science. Now I'm in grad school.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #68
    Fabiana, its basically the same process I have to go through.

I only just applied to the universities so I have to wait until they accept me, if they do, in order to get my forms.

My question really is how long did they take to accept you from the first time u applied?

Thanks alot for sharing your infomation. It was helpfull.

It's a pity the US is so strict now. All these trouble just to get a Visa.

I only have an undergraduate degree in political science. Now I'm in grad school.

Oh I see. Thanks. How are you enjoying it?

Jul 19, 2003
    K10.....you'd do real well if you stay away from Louisiana. If you don't like the heat, this is the last place you'd wanna be. It's hot and humid and it feels like $hit. I guess, like Majed, I've developed a kind of love-hate relationship with it.......but damn it's hot!! :groan:

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #70
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    K10.....you'd do real well if you stay away from Louisiana. If you don't like the heat, this is the last place you'd wanna be. It's hot and humid and it feels like $hit. I guess, like Majed, I've developed a kind of love-hate relationship with it.......but damn it's hot!! :groan:
    Yep, Lousyana is definately out. Any other states like it that I should be weary of?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Yep, Lousyana is definately out. Any other states like it that I should be weary of?
    don't rule it out completely... Tulane is pretty kewl school to go to...

again,.. i may sound contradicting... ** see nosubstitute's "love-hate" **

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Fabiana, its basically the same process I have to go through.

I only just applied to the universities so I have to wait until they accept me, if they do, in order to get my forms.

My question really is how long did they take to accept you from the first time u applied?

Thanks alot for sharing your infomation. It was helpfull.

It's a pity the US is so strict now. All these trouble just to get a Visa.
    US schools are losing millions of dollars because of this. The stricter rules for international students become- less people are gonna come.

Bush has done so many totally STUPID and USELESS things (like the sevis system) in regards to foreign students, it is redicilus.

Schools hate it.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

don't rule it out completely... Tulane is pretty kewl school to go to...
    Yeah, Tulane is a nice school, but private and very expensive. A friend of mine got an MBA from them and got a job in investment banking.

Louisiana is a nice state btw. I lived down in the Shreveport area. It's not too bad.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #75
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

US schools are losing millions of dollars because of this. The stricter rules for international students become- less people are gonna come.

Bush has done so many totally STUPID and USELESS things (like the sevis system) in regards to foreign students, it is redicilus.

Schools hate it.
    And there is no chance too see the situation alleviate I guess huh?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

The day I went to the interview in the embassy was the same day I got it approved, however not everyone has the same luck. The girl that was before me in the line got hers rejected because the embassy is being now more strict with young people (like 20-25 years) because they dont want them to stay in the USA and live there, so here in Venezuela is pretty hard to get that visa approved, although you could try and get yours approved because your situation is different (youre already there, etc) and it always help to have a good record in their computer, by good record I mean something like going there like once a year -and I think it also helped that Ive had my tourist`visa since like I was born

In the embassy here in Caracas they tell you if youre approved the same day that you go to your appointment

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

The day I went to the interview in the embassy was the same day I got it approved, however not everyone has the same luck. The girl that was before me in the line got hers rejected because the embassy is being now more strict with young people (like 20-25 years) because they dont want them to stay in the USA and live there, so here in Venezuela is pretty hard to get that visa approved, although you could try and get yours approved because your situation is different (youre already there, etc) and it always help to have a good record in their computer, by good record I mean something like going there like once a year -and I think it also helped that Ive had my tourist`visa since like I was born

In the embassy here in Caracas they tell you if youre approved the same day that you go to your appointment
    Yeah, same with Azerbaijan. They tell you on the same day.

But the embassy normally does not give visas for those who wanna study English.

They say "Go study English in the UK"

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++

thats cool my friends just went to penn state aswell.. i myself want to tag aong next year but i higly doubt my pearnts would want me to go to penn state
    Really? Thats cool. Its a very good, diverse University, so hopefully you could come along. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)