Top Party Places (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2004
Outside CRO my best party was in Spain,Barcelona.....great city!!!!!!! Amsterdam is also great,red-light district is nessecary to visit ;). If your tresspassing in Croatia(at summer especially) go to visit coast.......Zrce beach on island of PAG. According to MTV,it was a place to be this summer......

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    Well I guess everywhere has their party spots.

Spain probably ranks the highest though rite.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    Califonia is great. My dream place for the US. Too expensive though.
    Depends. There are some more inexpensive places here -- the state is pretty huge. I have to explain to people all the time who say, "Hey -- I'm going to be in L.A. Let's hook up for dinner?" and I have to explain to them, "Were you asleep through your geography classes? L.A. and S.F. are as far apart as Ohio and Vermont!"

Inland things are more reasonable, pricewise. And if you want a top party place, you have to go with the #1 in the U.S. top party school as ranked by Playboy magazine for a number of years: Chico State. I don't know how those students learn anything there... ;)

River

Jun 15, 2004
    You mean Ibiza Kiran?

Places like that are great now and then, but i pretty much only like them because its sunny there hehe :D

I love the clubs in London, they are awesome but too expensive.
    I love the clubs in Liverpool, they are not bad and the alcohol is unbelievably cheap. :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Ladies and gentlemen,

I am in an officially recognized "Top Party School" in the US :D
    So K10, you should seriously consider this :D

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/08/16/party.schools.ap/index.html

Albany tops party school list, again
    Monday, August 16, 2004 Posted: 7:40 PM EDT (2340 GMT)

ALBANY, New York (AP) -- The State University of New York at Albany returned to No. 1 on the list of party schools, while Brigham Young University kept its title as top "stone-cold sober" school in an annual survey of American college life.

The Princeton Review's report ranked Albany seventh in the use of hard liquor and marijuana, ninth in beer drinking and first in "students (almost) never study."

The annual "Best 357 Colleges" survey, conducted since 1992, is based on responses from more than 110,000 students at campuses around the country. The review has no affiliation with Princeton University.

It is the ninth time the University at Albany -- a state-run school with an undergraduate enrollment of 12,000 students -- has been on the party school list. It was No. 1 in 1998 and No. 14 last year. The University of Colorado at Boulder ranked No. 1 last year.

"If this were a term paper, it would get an 'F' in methodology," university spokeswoman Lisa James-Goldsberry said in a statement. "The rankings are not to be taken seriously, and are certainly not reflective of the serious, hardworking students at Albany."

"It's pretty crazy," said Matt Kazimir, 21, a recent Albany graduate from Danbury, Connecticut. "There's always a party."

Still, some students say Albany's ranking isn't deserved.

"I wouldn't agree it's No. 1," said junior Brian Fessler, 20. "There are certainly a lot of opportunities to party, but it's also a great institution with some top programs. There are great academic opportunities, as well."

Brigham Young was ranked the top "stone-cold sober" school, the survey found. Massachusetts Institute of Technology was the toughest to get into. The happiest students overall were at Pomona College in Claremont, California.

Students most likely to vote for President Bush are in the Republican's home state at Texas A&M University; those most likely to vote for Democratic challenger John Kerry attend Warren Wilson College in Asheville, North Carolina.

The "party school" category is based on questions focusing on the amount of alcohol and drug consumption, the amount of time students spend studying, and the popularity of fraternities and sororities.

The American Medical Association has criticized party school listings, saying they legitimize high-risk drinking and portray alcohol as an essential part of student life.

Robert Franek, lead author for the survey, disagrees and says the survey accurately reflects college life -- for better or worse -- and can be a vehicle for change.

"I think we do a great service for college-bound students, being in a very unique position to get onto the 357 best college campuses and ask students tough questions," Franek said.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    Where exactly is Albany?

So no universities in Florida? I thought here would have the most. Bloody latin people can't party or something? Well the girls can, that all that matters. :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    Where exactly is Albany?

So no universities in Florida? I thought here would have the most. Bloody latin people can't party or something? Well the girls can, that all that matters. :D
    Albany is in the middle of New York State. Really nice school.

www.albany.edu

One major minus- it gets really cold up here in the winter time. Tons of snow and below freezing temperatures.

Very different from TT :)

One major plus- there is a die-hard Juve fan in this 30,000 student school- me! :D

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #55
    Boston, thats cool, have some cousins up there.

What are you gonna study?

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #56
    Personal question. When did you apply and wen did they send you the I-20 form?

I am waiting on the same form at the moment.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    English, although Im gonna focus on doing the TOEFL and the SATs to see if I can stay there studying my whole carreer. The problem is money, because in that school tuition for just one semester is like $40,000, but here to the school Im going to thats like the most expensive in the city, the tuition costs me something like $1,000 per semester.

I dont know if BU is a party school, but Ill find out next week. What Ive heard is that there are lots of gay people (men) there, but who knows

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    English, although Im gonna focus on doing the TOEFL and the SATs to see if I can stay there studying my whole carreer. The problem is money, because in that school tuition for just one semester is like $40,000, but here to the school Im going to thats like the most expensive in the city, the tuition costs me something like $1,000 per semester.

I dont know if BU is a party school, but Ill find out next week. What Ive heard is that there are lots of gay people (men) there, but who knows
    Ask Sergio bout that. :D

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #60
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

The gays won't affect you dont worry.

I am doing SAT's also in October. I did SAT's already but, let me put it this way, never studied, never slept the night before and was drunk upon entering the exam and was falling alseep.

So you are not on a student visa as yet Fabiana?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)