TOP 100 by fourfourtwo (3 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Pirlo > Xavi simple fact like 2 > 1
I have no qualms with that. Pirlo is a top quality player, and it is very reasonable to rate him higher than Xavi. I personally don't agree, and would give the edge to Xavi who i believe has been more consistent over the years.

OP

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
  • Thread Starter #71
    I have no qualms with that. Pirlo is a top quality player, and it is very reasonable to rate him higher than Xavi. I personally don't agree, and would give the edge to Xavi who i believe has been more consistent over the years.
    consistent shmonsistent. Xavi compared to Pirlo is like a clown compared to king, yeah, better stats, consistency bla bla, but anyone who's ever watched the two will see the obvious difference in style, Pirlo is a majestic master, Xavi is just an important tool in a machine. The way you look at it Iniesta > Zidane, another clown vs king comparison.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    consistent shmonsistent. Xavi compared to Pirlo is like a clown compared to king, yeah, better stats, consistency bla bla, but anyone who's ever watched the two will see the obvious difference in style, Pirlo is a majestic master, Xavi is just an important tool in a machine. The way you look at it Iniesta > Zidane, another clown vs king comparison.
    I have absolutely zero idea how you came up with the conclusion down there.

Lets not forget how poor Pirlo was in his last two seasons with Milan.

Ability wise, Pirlo has better passing range, but in terms of controlling the tempo of the game, technique and intelligence they're on a similar level. Xavi rarely ever has a bad game though, he is the epitome of consistency, which imo makes him a better player than Pirlo.

OP

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
  • Thread Starter #73
    I have absolutely zero idea how you came up with the conclusion down there.

Lets not forget how poor Pirlo was in his last two seasons with Milan.

Ability wise, Pirlo has better passing range, but in terms of controlling the tempo of the game, technique and intelligence they're on a similar level. Xavi rarely ever has a bad game though, he is the epitome of consistency, which imo makes him a better player than Pirlo.
    Look at the team around them, their importance in that team and what they achieved last season. Look at the style of play, look at the responsibilities and the role. It's football we're talking about here, not some manager game where you rate different aspects of their game or statistics class, if you can't see the brilliance of Pirlo I can't help you. Zidane wasn't consistent, not the way Iniesta or Xavi is, but he still shits all over them.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Fred, I don't know if what pitbull said is true or he just pulled it out of thin air, but do you consider iniesta better then zidan? :confused:

OP

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
  • Thread Starter #75
    It wouldn't be hard to make a case for Iniesta here throwing in multiple CL's, EC's, a WC, some crucial goals, more consistent stats and all the other bullshit. Why I mentioned it? Because I think Fred knows Zizou > Iniesta regardless of all that, just the same as Pirlo > Xavi :p

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Yeah, but Pitbull calling Iniesta and Xavi clowns is also retarded; they are class players regardless. Obviously as Juventus supporters, we are going to be biased when it comes to Juve players (I'm sure some of you who don't support the Azzurri and hate Milan would have no problem switching sides had Pirlo still been starring for Milan (but such is the human mind that we are fickle at times) which obviously isn't the case).

I rate Pirlo above Xavi, but it's not implausible to rate the latter higher than the former. Fred has his opinion, and each one is entitled to his own as far as I'm concerned. It's not like he came out and said something insane along the lines of Paro > Fabregas or Nocerino > Davids :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)