Tomas Rosicky (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Maybe he isn't the type of a player whoose world ends after a loss. He might acutally think that football is just a game and a loss is a loss and nothing more.
Hard core fans like to think differently about their heros. Of course, you are right to an extent. On the other hand, a player who doesn't really care about the team's result isn't ever going to drive you to title victories.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Borussia Dortmund star Thomas Rosicky has confirmed that Tottenham are interested in securing his signature.

"Both my agent and the Borussia management told me that they have had negotiations with Spurs, but they have not come to an agreement yet," Rosicky said.
"I know that the price is a problem. Borussia are obviously requesting too much.

"So far, all transfer talks have collapsed because none of the clubs have been able to agree on a price.

"Borussia are financially struggling and it looks very likely that they will need to sell players.

"I don’t think they have too many they can sell, so it looks as if me and Ewerthon will be going. But they’ll need to decrease the price if they want to sell me."

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Borussia Dortmund star Thomas Rosicky has confirmed that Tottenham are interested in securing his signature.

"Both my agent and the Borussia management told me that they have had negotiations with Spurs, but they have not come to an agreement yet," Rosicky said.
"I know that the price is a problem. Borussia are obviously requesting too much.

"So far, all transfer talks have collapsed because none of the clubs have been able to agree on a price.

"Borussia are financially struggling and it looks very likely that they will need to sell players.

"I don’t think they have too many they can sell, so it looks as if me and Ewerthon will be going. But they’ll need to decrease the price if they want to sell me."
im sure the figure dortmund want from spurs is only 4mil, spurs only offer 3......

if spurs get him for that much, mogi needs a dickslap.

Tomer

May 3, 2004
Tottenham must find Ј10M for Dortmund ace Rosicky
tribalfootball.com - March 26, 2005

Tottenham will have to cough up £10 million if they want to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Tomas Rosicky.

The Czech Republic international confirmed yesterday that Tottenham had been in talks with both his agent and BVB about an end-of-season deal.

Dortmund have serious financial problems and the summer sale of the 24-year-old Rosicky looks an increasingly likely prospect, with the German side looking for around Ј10m.

Rosicky, who was reportedly a target for Chelsea, Porto and Barcelona last summer, insists the lack of European football at Spurs would not affect his desire to move to the club.

"Given the current position of Dortmund in the Bundesliga there are no guarantees that I would be playing in Europe with Borussia either," he said. "Spurs are a traditional club and I 'm pleased to know they want me."

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
From Dortmund to Tottenham is hardly a step forward. Since he's been one for Czech's best players for a few years you would think that a giant club would make a bid.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Chelsea has been interested in Rosicky over the years,but if Juve allow him to go to Tottenham for anything less than 8m Moggi will have some explaining to do.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That would be an incredibly stupid move if he went to Tottenham. Rosicky is not the type of player who would excel in the EPL because he's not that quick and certainly not a very strong player. He also enjoys playing in a free role and I'm not sure if he will fit in with Tottenham. They already have Carrick as the midfield pivot anyways, so hopefully he'll think twice about moving to London.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I suspect he isn't too suited to the Bundesliga either,Andy.he isn't very physical,doesn't have a high workrate and lacks the directness of his peers sometimes.How else is he able to consistently turn in great performances for the Czech Republic but only mediocre ones for Dortmund?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
That would be an incredibly stupid move if he went to Tottenham. Rosicky is not the type of player who would excel in the EPL because he's not that quick and certainly not a very strong player. He also enjoys playing in a free role and I'm not sure if he will fit in with Tottenham. They already have Carrick as the midfield pivot anyways, so hopefully he'll think twice about moving to London.
Sounds a bit like Robbie Keane, who's already excelling for Spurs, only Keane plays further forward. BTW, Carrick is a totally different style of player anyway.

I suspect he'd do alright at Spurs. They seem to be building an interesting team.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Sounds a bit like Robbie Keane, who's already excelling for Spurs, only Keane plays further forward. BTW, Carrick is a totally different style of player anyway.

I suspect he'd do alright at Spurs. They seem to be building an interesting team.
spurs have already rumoured to have sealed up Tainio for next season, they already have menedes, carrick, brown, davis, davies in midfield, imo they are overdoing it............

If spurs get him they will further enhace my disliking of them.

Juventico

Apr 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
I suspect he isn't too suited to the Bundesliga either,Andy.he isn't very physical,doesn't have a high workrate and lacks the directness of his peers sometimes.How else is he able to consistently turn in great performances for the Czech Republic but only mediocre ones for Dortmund?
I agree, he'd do infinitely better in Juve, he's a good player and we have to realize that Pavel will retire in 2006 and we will need a good CM. Bringing him in now, give him good time to settle in the team and have him in top shape when Pavel retires will do much good for Juve.

The move would not be too expensive, he's the right age (25), and he doesn't eat up an extra-communitarian slot. If I were Moggi I'd make the transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)